Excellent Dream Character Conversation

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Excellent Dream Character Conversation

Postby HAGART » 11 Jul 2013 00:26

First off, let me say a few things that have been on my mind lately to help give some background. I have been thinking about shared dreaming a lot and whether it is possible and haven't been able to have a lucid dream since I first posted about it. Second, I watched a great interview with Robert Waggoner on You Tube on a show called Conscious TV (type that in at You Tube if your curious). Robert said that he talks to the dream directly and it gives him answers or shows him things without the need to talk to dream characters. He calls it the 'dream awareness'. Because what are DCs really, but just projects of the dream anyway? Why not just cut out the middle man, and talk to the dream directly. He also pointed out that in his early days, as I have done, we tend to get side tracked by 'girls in bikinis' as he puts it. But I think we all know what that means.... :oops: I also have been trying to meet a reoccurring dream character that appears in my dreams with the same name.

Anyway, with that in mind, here is the dream, and most of the conversation I remember word for word (with a little help from a pencil and paper, writing it directly after waking up) ENJOY!

I was in a room and realized it was a dream. I looked around and everybody was old (senior) and ugly. (It felt like a party and I was looking for a pretty girl, so I was disappointed). There was a weird looking, old guy with greenish skin who really stood out among the others. Then I saw a guy, with short white hair, in a blue shirt, and one of his eyes was half closed as if in a permanent wink. I looked at him straight in the face and said, "You know this is a dream, right?" I forget if he said anything but he then kissed his hand as if to say, I am a dream... then I love myself. (Weird). Then I remembered that green guy that really stood out to me from before. I looked and he was still there sitting in the corner of the room. I asked him, "Do you know it is a dream?" He said, "Yes." I forget if he said anything and have a feeling he asked me what I wanted. But I know for sure, I put my left hand on his right shoulder and said, "Why don't I just let you talk?" He said, "Thank, you!" As if, it's about time and he always wanted to before, but I never gave him the chance. I forget the words but he basically said, congratulations you have met a reoccurring dream character. You mean, I'll see you again, I thought and maybe even said. I didn't know what else to say and then remembered an obvious question. I asked, "What is your name?" He said, "Why don't you come up with one." I noticed some pictures scattered on the wall behind him and looked for something significant to use as the meaning. Then he said, "Call me Beefy". (He looked different and was no longer green and wearing white and I was viewing from a lower angle as if he was very tall and grand). I said, "Like Beefy the cat." (I had a past dream I posted about in the Dream Character section about a Magnum Beefy, a cat I once met.) I felt they should meet each other and I tried to will a cat to come. I saw something on the ground, I forget what and I was trying to will it to change into a cat. I felt like it was taking a while and my lucid powers would not be impressive to him anyway. I said, or thought, bare with me. (As if to say, I know you are a far better lucid dreamer than me, but humor me for a moment.) Finally a cat or kitten appeared from my right side, out of view, and jumped up on his lap. The cat had some green lights swarming around it that looked like fireflies buzzing around him. Not too many, 3-5 of them. I felt like I did something nice for him, but I also didn't want him to think he was now burdened with the responsibility and said, "Don't worry, she can take care of herself." (It was like I was introducing him to a past dream character I met, but now that I think about it, they are probably one in the same anyway.)

(I've been thinking about shared dreaming and wanted to try it, but I thought I might as well ask his opinion on it first.) "Is shared dreaming possible?" He said, "no." But the way he said it, he was almost disgusted with it. How dare I ask just a stupid question? "Not even with technology?" He said, "you can only share your heart." (if you do share a dream it would only be feelings?). He got up from the sofa i guess it was and left for a small kitchen. I followed. He was now a woman and a rather attractive one at that. I didn't scope her out or ogle her, but I knew she was sexy and remember what she was wearing. (I guess us guys can check out a girl so fast it happens subconsciously at times!) She had gotten something from the fridge and it was a green gruel in a plastic container and began eating it. I said, "You're a morpher aren't you!" As if I discovered one of Beefy's faults that he/she can't help, but be a shape-shifter, or 'morpher' as I called it in the dream. Knowing that I found beefy attractive now and probably shouldn't, since she was a man only a moment ago and we were having an intellectual conversation, I said, "What am I suppose to do? Morph mentally?" Like every time he changes I need to change my behavior too. (When in actuality I was the one who started to feel the attraction and morphed mentally on long with her. I should have remained constant. It's hard to have a deep intellectual conversation with a pretty girl for me). I didn't want to try anything sexual with her. It wouldn't feel right. I got sidetracked and saw a cute girl by the fridge door and walked up to her to flirt. I said, "Hi, what's your name?" "Christina." She seemed European, a little dim-witted (compared to Beefy), and not so interested in me. She had a mole on her chin. (A cute mole).

Then I noticed Beefy was leaving the kitchen heading back to the first room again. I didn't want to stay with Christina and preferred Beefy's company. Before I could catch up, a small guy from the kitchen (kind of like Joe Pesci) yelled out something like, wait up! He wanted to talk to me. I simply said, follow me. (Like we can talk, but I'm busy right now. Let's walk and talk, I don't mind). He didn't come along, and I think he said something like, I'll be back later. I looked around the room and where I thought I saw Beefy last, I think I saw a guy go outside onto a balcony and sit at a table. I gave up at that point. I called out to the dream, and said, "It's been nice meeting you. Good Talk!" (I'm sure he/she heard it.)

This was a very interesting dream. Makes me wonder if all dream characters are really the same one reappearing in whatever form they happen to show up as. (Even that Joe Pesci guy, may have been Beefy in disguise if I had asked. It's like trying to talk to the Cheshire cat sometimes in my lucid dreams, and they can disappear and reappear). Are they representations of the dream awareness, the part of the mind that is making the dream happen beyond my control? Why are some DC's unaware it is a dream, and others are lucid, perhaps even MORE lucid than I am? Perhaps they ARE the dream awareness personified.....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jacob46719

Re: Excellent Dream Character Conversation

Postby Jacob46719 » 13 Jul 2013 07:21

I should say, this is pretty impressive to remember. Well done.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

That1LD

Postby That1LD » 01 Aug 2013 22:30

This is pretty dang cool I should talk to DC`s more oft :) en
LD`S: 3
Normal dreams: More than enough

All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.
Jack Kerouac

-That1LD

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Aug 2013 23:01

Thanks for reading, you two.
It's pretty long.... but hopefully interesting.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Aug 2013 00:04

That was good, its hard to sort out if the information is your beliefs coming back to you or if something that goes against your belief it a challenge to yourself - and I wonder if it even matters in the end. The effect of the dreams in waking life might be the only event that matters
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

That1LD

Postby That1LD » 02 Aug 2013 02:00

HAGART wrote:Thanks for reading, you two.
It's pretty long.... but hopefully interesting.

This was very interesting :D
LD`S: 3
Normal dreams: More than enough

All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.
Jack Kerouac

-That1LD

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Aug 2013 02:16

I guess it is interesting to those who find it interesting.
When it comes to dream journaling, I can't embellish and add character development or have a climax the way great stories are written. I just write what happened. So it can be a little dry, even for myself to read again.

And my mind fills in the details with my own memories that none of you can because you never experienced it. That is the case with all dream accounts in this 'share your lucid dreams' sub-forum. I don't blame anybody who glances over it and thinks it's too long.

With that said, it WAS a good conversation and I am starting to get more and more simply by devoting my lucid dreams to them and it has become my 'lucid dream goal'. I'll share my next one whenever I get it. This 'story' is not over yet!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Aug 2013 02:20

Peter wrote:That was good, its hard to sort out if the information is your beliefs coming back to you or if something that goes against your belief it a challenge to yourself - and I wonder if it even matters in the end. The effect of the dreams in waking life might be the only event that matters

I know what you mean. Sometimes the only thing that matters is what we walk away with after the dream when awake. And sometimes dreams tell us what our true beliefs are that we carry deep down and nothing more... but also nothing less.

tea

Postby tea » 11 Aug 2013 15:14

very interesting dream! i like the insight into DC behaviour! :D
the two best moments -to me- were the one where you told beefy to talk, and the other one where he said that thing about sharing hearts.

one more thing about DCs: i think they are fractions of your awareness. that's why so many DCs are as if they are sleep walking: YOU are sleeping. i'm very sure you can't wake a real "zombie" without waking up yourself ^^
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Aug 2013 16:24

tea wrote:one more thing about DCs: i think they are fractions of your awareness. that's why so many DCs are as if they are sleep walking: YOU are sleeping.

I'm starting the think the same way. The DC's are a part of our awareness and just like I, myself, in a dream can be lucid and self aware one day, and a non-lucid zombie the next, so too are my dream characters. It all depends on how much access to my brain they have.

I've asked some DC's before if they knew what I was thinking in my head in the dream and they deny it. I think DC's are incapable of lying and they are telling the truth. (maybe illogical sometimes, but they have nothing to gain with deceit). I have argued that we share the same mind, so therefore they should know. But maybe, they actually DON'T know. They don't have access to the part of my brain that is thinking cognitively in the dream and they don't have access to my past memories.

At least, none I have met. I bet it is possible and maybe that is the key to finding a re-occurring dream character that knows and remembers you.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”