I just don't get it! I need some help.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink

I just don't get it! I need some help.

Postby LucidLink » 04 Aug 2013 18:55

So I lucid dream just about every night.......but no matter what I do. The dream just goes blank after a couple of minutes and I wake up.
I've tried rubbing my hands together, spinning, doing math in my head, staring at one thing in the dream up close, I've tried everything to stabilize lucid dreams and absolutely nothing works!!!!

I took supplements last night and had 4 lucid dreams!!! But I accomplished absolutely nothing...and trust me, if you think not being able to lucid dream is frustrating, it's even worse when you lucid dream every night, but you can't do anything! It's like rubbing it in my face "yeah you learned to lucid dream every night but it dosnt matter because you have problems no other lucid dreamer has and it's impossible for you to lucid dream anyway! Haha the jokes on you!"

And there's absolutely nothing I can do....I got becoming lucid down. That part is easy. But absolutely nothing stabilizes my dreams....nothing!

And to top of off, I've been lucid dreaming for about 6 months now. 6 months!!!!! I have proably over 100 lucid dreams in my dream journal documented, but they are all short and nothing for the most part!!!!

So don't say "in time you'll learn to have longer lucid dreams." That isn't happening -_-

I just don't get it....you guys are my only hope!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

erichsa

Re: I just don't get it! I need some help.

Postby erichsa » 04 Aug 2013 20:08

Try once you are in your dream to give or shout commands: I am walking now to......, I am flying now....., I want to see......., . Saying firmly your intent, and if you are lucid your commands will be done. :)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 04 Aug 2013 22:20

Yes I know but as soon my commands are said and the action begins being carried out the dream will soon go blank and ill wake up.....

This is my problem!!!

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 04 Aug 2013 23:07

Maybe you're thinking about not to wake up when you dream. If you are concerned about waking up, if you think about it, you'll wake up. Try to have a task in your dreams that keeps your mind off waking up. For example, concentrate on talking to dream characters, or set a place for you to go like ("I wannna fly to Egypt") or try to do stuff like running as The Flash or become your favourite movie character. Anything to not make you think about waking up. When you wake, don't stress. It will eventually happen but you have dreamed longer.
Yes, you tried some stuff, but there's a lot you can try. Make a list of things to do and try everyday. You have the excelent gift of having lucid dreams almost every night so take advantage of that.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 05 Aug 2013 18:55

Yes I agree with Highlander, start small, leave your room go outside, and do what Highlander suggested. Never, never give it a thought that your physical body is sleeping in bed or wherever. Any thought towards your physical body will end your dream , and put you back in your physical body.
I am looking forward hearing from you with the good news that you are having great lucid dreams. :)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 06 Aug 2013 04:31

Thank you, to both of you!!

Highlander, I will try that. It makes sense, because I am always thinking about the dream ending at this point!

Even when I manage to have a good LD, I still find myself thinking "wow, I'm surprised this hasn't ended prematurely yet!"

I will set more dream tasks, and remember this!

Thank you again, to both of you :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Aug 2013 15:27

Something you didnt mention that you tried and which works for both Peter and me is to bring someone you know into your dream and use them to help you stabilise. (Peter uses his children and plays with them to stabilise, I use an ex lover and get him to touch me to stabilise). This way it isnt you having to do the moving if moving makes you drop out of the dream.. the other will do the moving and can touch you, the others interaction with you, can hold you in the dream.

Also i wonder by what technique you are doing your LD by. If I do it by WILD I find it very hard to stabilise into my dreams (easy thou to trigger off a LD and that is why I still use that technique), where as if I use other non WILD triggering methods. I wake up in my dreams in a much deeper state and then dont have stabilising or drop out issues.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”