Favorite Movie?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Teraku

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Teraku » 07 Jul 2013 22:18

Inception is one of my all-time favourite movies. The Austin Powers series were pretty good, too.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 08 Jul 2013 05:39

Donnie Darko was awesome -

How about favorite documentaries? Sometimes they are cool, some times they suck.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 22 Jul 2013 10:56

Return Of The Jedi, The Non Special Edition Version.

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 05 Aug 2013 00:08

HAGART wrote:I said it once and I will say it again:

Gymkata <-- just saw for free on you tube recently
SnakeEater <-- more cheesy than the former.

But good movies that aren't mentioned. I love those animes.....

AKIRA <-- oldie but still a goodie
Princess Monanokie <--- how can you hate this?

Just because it is animated doesn't mean it is a 'cartoon'. They are deep and intellectual.

That doesn't mean the other suggestions are bad; I just want to acknowledge the lesser known ones that are still very mainstream.

I'll end this by saying Bladerunner is an excellent movie, but everybody knew that already.

How is that Princess mononoke movie?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Aug 2013 23:39

worldenterer wrote:How is that Princess mononoke movie?

Most would say it is Miyazaki's best film. He's the same mastermind behind 'Spirited Away' and 'Valley of the Wind'. He keeps using a 'mankind's progress vs. nature' kind of a theme in many of his movies and Princess Mononoke did it beautifully.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 06 Aug 2013 00:05

HAGART wrote:

Most would say it is Miyazaki's best film. He's the same mastermind behind 'Spirited Away' and 'Valley of the Wind'. He keeps using a 'mankind's progress vs. nature' kind of a theme in many of his movies and Princess Mononoke did it beautifully.

As well as Identifying kids to be more mature than adults, since the Titular Princess (Who's name isn't Mononoke) is a child, Chihiro/Sen is a Child, Sosuke and Ponyo are children yet they overcome most problems an adult has to face, war, working, dealing with natural disasters. You name it.

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 06 Aug 2013 02:46

AceOfSpades wrote:
HAGART wrote:

As well as Identifying kids to be more mature than adults, since the Titular Princess (Who's name isn't Mononoke) is a child, Chihiro/Sen is a Child, Sosuke and Ponyo are children yet they overcome most problems an adult has to face, war, working, dealing with natural disasters. You name it.

I thought Spirited Away and Valley of The Wind were very well made, but I didn't like them simply because of their story lines. I will give PM a shot though. Thanks for the input.
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Aug 2013 00:37

WorldEnterer is right. He does those kind of movies too.
But to AceofSpades, Princess Mononoke is more 'adult' with some violent scenes and a story that is a little bleak and not so 'happy go lucky'. So the plot is much better and more thought-provoking. And I love how the antagonist of the story isn't an oversimplified villain who does evil acts for the heck of it the way most children's cartoons portray them. She is merely a human with a difference of opinion. (And that doesn't give anything away.)

I watched the first half of it online yesterday just to make sure I remembered it correctly and had the right to recommend it. I reminded myself that, yes I do! It was low-def, though and didn't stream well. It's hard to find a good quality version for free. It's one of those movies you need a big screen TV with surround sound home theater to do it justice.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Knife

Postby Knife » 10 Aug 2013 16:13

1. Fight Club
2. Harsh Times
3. 8 Mile
Inherit the earth

Swift

Postby Swift » 11 Aug 2013 13:38

I wouldn't even know where to begin. There's so many movies I love, but right now some of my top favorites would be
•the bourne identity
•RED
•10,000 BC
•X-men 1st class
•Iron man (all of them)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Off-Topic”