I had an epiphany!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Ender_brine

I had an epiphany!

Postby Ender_brine » 04 Aug 2013 14:51

No, an epiphany is not a medical condition. It's a sudden realization. I was thinking. Our brain stores all of our experiences in it forever, right? Whether we recall them or not, they're there. Now, that would mean tha same goes for a dream. After all, it IS an experience. Now, here's the epiphany. If it's stored there, and you remember at least some of the past dream, could you have a lucid dream and ask to return to said dreamscape? And maybe even play out the dream again? As long as it's in your mind, it is accessible, right?

I know this isn't a lucid dream I posted, but this is probably te most busy forum, and I really needed people to see this. :3 thanks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

LucidLink

Re: I had an epiphany!

Postby LucidLink » 04 Aug 2013 19:00

I do not reccomend you post your questions by the most active topic, I myself, check all the topics. And so do others. The topics are here for a reason;p

But to answer your question, yes it's completely possible! You can live real life memories, as well dream memories through dreams again. You can redo them, make them end differently. Rewind them, anything!

The general rule of lucid dreaming is, if you can imagine it, it's possible..;)

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 05 Aug 2013 04:10

Okay. It's established is IS possible. But now for the true question. Can you replay the parts you can't remember? Cause, I mean, you've experienced it before! And as long as you can give it a sliver of dream to work with, it can pull the hidden memory back! Right?

~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Aug 2013 01:45

I've experienced what I thought was reliving a past dream, in a lucid dream, that I had forgotten years ago.
However, here is the catch. How do I know? If it was something I forgot, what do I have to compare it to? My forgotten memories? (It's an oxymoron). It may have simply been a feeling of reliving a past dream and nothing more.

It's interesting, but I must say, this is not the place for it. We need categories for theses topics, because without order, there is chaos. And chaos is confusing. Chaos make brain hurt....... :?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”