For those who haven't had an LD yet

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidinthe sky

For those who haven't had an LD yet

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Dec 2011 03:37

Just some encouragement for the people who are still trying to have your first LD, don't give up and keep trying! You will not be disappointed. It's worth it, trust me. The first time is such a thrill. Since I have heard of lucid dreaming, I have spent at least a year on and off trying to do it without success, unaware of how incredible it is. Had I known, I would have worked a lot harder! It's an experience like no other that you've had.

Recently, I have been able to do it and so far, I have had only a total of around 2 minutes of lucid dreaming. But for just for those 2 minutes, it has been worth all of the effort and more. It's like the difference between watching a movie and being in the movie. Keep trying and don't give up!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

rothgar

Re: For those who haven't had an LD yet

Postby rothgar » 15 Dec 2011 00:30

If you had told me 6 months ago that you coud enter your dreams just like inception or the matrix, and it will be as real as life, I would have written you off as a nut job. In fact I cant convince my own family members. It is the most amazing thing ive exoerienced. Yeah, its worth it!

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 15 Dec 2011 00:42

I hadd just gotten sooo much motivation reading this post, I'm still in dream recall, andd have had three dreams that I've remembered three days in a row. So ill soon be trying to get into lucid dreaming andd I can't wait :) thanks for the motivation.!
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Dec 2011 03:57

ThreeStarE,

Happy to provide more motivation. LDs are life-changing, keep at it!

I just want to reiterate: dreams are really real, if they aren't then waking life isn't either. We are talking here about a physical reality. I wonder if people are getting that. It's physical! How can you explain this to someone? The problem I had was this big misconception about dreams like many of us have and it's based on our evaluation of them after we wake up. Dreams seem like this fuzzy, surreal place where weird things happen that don't necessarily make sense and are difficult to even remember. We draw this conclusion after we wake up that maybe dreams are some sort of non-physical-altered-state-reality. So we develop this belief that dreams are not real. I used to chuckle to myself doing these so-called "reality checks". Ha, ha, of course I can tell the difference between a dream and waking life. Then you have a lucid dream. Wow! Now you're evaluating the dream during the dream, not after. It's not some fuzzy, surreal world. It's solid, has gravity, has sharp edges, hot and cold, tastes, sounds, everything. Your conclusion: it's real! Step into the perfect virtual reality machine and you can't tell the difference. I spent my first LD just stamping on the ground and feeling it under my feet in disbelief, running around telling everyone until I woke up. Dreams are a physical reality, not something else.

Make it happen!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 15 Dec 2011 04:33

I soo will make it happen, andd I honestly cant wait.! I wonder, I've readd of sharing dreams, imagine mastering both sharing andd lucid dreaming all together. Couldd you theoretically have a mindd war with another person.? Couldd you share secrets through dreams, all this sounds well, a perfect reality to me, my girlfriends attempting it with me, but I guess to a certain degree she kina doesn't like the idea of me always sleeping x)
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

Littlelucid

Postby Littlelucid » 09 Mar 2012 08:50

Thank you very much for the motivation! I have never had a lucid dream but I have had an OBE. Laying in bed feeling like a brick then getting the sensation im weightless to the point I floated out of well.. Body! I was so excited I woke myself up! Sleeping seemed impossible after that! It was so different and so exhilarating! It is a total change from the norm and it seemed almost like a dream itself. I will further my limits in the future and hopefully not wake myself up! It's magic... Pure magic. :D
Thanks again! I wanted to quit thinking I couldnt figure it out but with this and the OBE I CAN further my reach. :D

Return to “For Beginners”