Favorite Music Genre

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
AceOfSpades
Posts: 198
Joined: 21 Jul 2013 19:38

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby AceOfSpades » 05 Aug 2013 01:12

All the Rock Genres from the 50s to the late 90s
New Wave
Electronica
Classical Music
Chiptune
Some rap but not all.
and anything by Daft Punk.

User avatar
LCDAnthony
Posts: 193
Joined: 26 Jul 2012 16:09
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby LCDAnthony » 05 Aug 2013 20:40

I like Symphonic Power metal and plain power metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, Viking metal.. Then I listen to Ska and Reggae.

Really, I'll listen to just about anything. Except for Modern Rap. That stuff is just crap. Oldschool rap I can listen to.
Last edited by LCDAnthony on 06 Aug 2013 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 442
Joined: 14 Mar 2013 00:31
Location: Portugal

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby Highlander » 06 Aug 2013 11:03

Heavy metal, with preferences to melodic power metal, thrash metal, grindcore, crossover.

I also like punk-rock, movie soundtracks and new age music.

LucidLink
Posts: 405
Joined: 08 Apr 2013 16:48

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby LucidLink » 06 Aug 2013 18:06

LCDAnthony wrote:I like Symphonic Power metal and plain power metal, thrash metal, heavy metal.. Then I listen to Ska and Reggae.

Really, I'll listen to just about anything. Except for Modern Rap. That stuff is just crap. Oldschool rap I can listen to.


Old school rap was a lot more gangster and violent then it is now. What old school artists do you like?

I agree that some of the popular mainstream rap is crap. But for the most part, modern rap isn't crap.

People like Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, The Underachievers, Flatbush Zombies, Joey BadA$$, and so many artists are keeping Hip-hop alive and well and away from the common mainstream crap.

I mean Beast Coast is even being revived right now, and it dosnt get more old school then that!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
LCDAnthony
Posts: 193
Joined: 26 Jul 2012 16:09
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby LCDAnthony » 06 Aug 2013 18:50

LucidLink wrote:
LCDAnthony wrote:I like Symphonic Power metal and plain power metal, thrash metal, heavy metal.. Then I listen to Ska and Reggae.

Really, I'll listen to just about anything. Except for Modern Rap. That stuff is just crap. Oldschool rap I can listen to.


Old school rap was a lot more gangster and violent then it is now. What old school artists do you like?

I agree that some of the popular mainstream rap is crap. But for the most part, modern rap isn't crap.

People like Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, The Underachievers, Flatbush Zombies, Joey BadA$$, and so many artists are keeping Hip-hop alive and well and away from the common mainstream crap.

I mean Beast Coast is even being revived right now, and it dosnt get more old school then that!


Yeah that's true. I just don't like the sound of Modern Rap. I just hate the fact that Modern Rap seems to promote the use of drugs. Even though oldschool did too but not as bad. I listen to some Trick Daddy, and some Tupac. That's pretty much it. I don't really dwell too deep into rap either way.

Highlander wrote:Heavy metal, with preferences to melodic power metal, thrash metal, grindcore, crossover.

I also like punk-rock, movie soundtracks and new age music.


Power metal is the shits right!?

LucidLink
Posts: 405
Joined: 08 Apr 2013 16:48

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby LucidLink » 06 Aug 2013 19:00

LCDAnthony wrote:
LucidLink wrote:
LCDAnthony wrote:I like Symphonic Power metal and plain power metal, thrash metal, heavy metal.. Then I listen to Ska and Reggae.

Really, I'll listen to just about anything. Except for Modern Rap. That stuff is just crap. Oldschool rap I can listen to.


Old school rap was a lot more gangster and violent then it is now. What old school artists do you like?

I agree that some of the popular mainstream rap is crap. But for the most part, modern rap isn't crap.

People like Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, The Underachievers, Flatbush Zombies, Joey BadA$$, and so many artists are keeping Hip-hop alive and well and away from the common mainstream crap.

I mean Beast Coast is even being revived right now, and it dosnt get more old school then that!


Yeah that's true. I just don't like the sound of Modern Rap. I just hate the fact that Modern Rap seems to promote the use of drugs. Even though oldschool did too but not as bad. I listen to some Trick Daddy, and some Tupac. That's pretty much it. I don't really dwell too deep into rap either way.

Highlander wrote:Heavy metal, with preferences to melodic power metal, thrash metal, grindcore, crossover.

I also like punk-rock, movie soundtracks and new age music.


Power metal is the shits right!?


Yeah your right, can't argue with you there haha!
Some would say Kendrick Lamar is our today's tupac, and what's more Kendrick does not even smoke weed! Or do any other drugs. So maybe you'd like him!

But your right, every other rapper besides Kendrick promotes drug use and uses drugs, worse then the old days.

As Meech the rapper from Flatbush Zombies would say, "it's funny now, how rappers be on they druggy shit!"

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 442
Joined: 14 Mar 2013 00:31
Location: Portugal

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby Highlander » 06 Aug 2013 20:11

LCDAnthony wrote:Really, I'll listen to just about anything. Except for Modern Rap. That stuff is just crap. Oldschool rap I can listen to.


I agree with you. I like some rap but just the old-school. I like Cypress Hill, House of Pain, Onyx, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys,... This is The Rap. Modern rap i cannot listen to. There's too much "bling, bling", "bitches" and "ho's".

LCDAnthony wrote:Power metal is the shits right!?


Yeah man. Be it symphonic, warrior, neo-classical, folk... I like it all. I love the ones that people sometimes call "happy power metal" or "uplifting power metal". Bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray, Power Quest...

AceOfSpades
Posts: 198
Joined: 21 Jul 2013 19:38

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby AceOfSpades » 06 Aug 2013 20:36

You know with a name like Highlander I kinda half expected you put Queen as part of your favorites.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 442
Joined: 14 Mar 2013 00:31
Location: Portugal

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby Highlander » 06 Aug 2013 22:01

AceOfSpades wrote:You know with a name like Highlander I kinda half expected you put Queen as part of your favorites.


:D Yeah. The name Highlander it's because of my favourite movie and tv series. But i love all the songs Queen made for its soundtrack.

AceOfSpades
Posts: 198
Joined: 21 Jul 2013 19:38

Re: Favorite Music Genre

Postby AceOfSpades » 06 Aug 2013 23:52

Ya. Gimmie the Prize was my personal favorite of that one. Because it was like even if you didn't watch the movie, once you hear this song, you instantly know who they are talking about.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests