Lucid Dream In A While

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Lucid Dream In A While

Postby Dreama » 07 Aug 2013 15:51

So I had my first lucid dream in a while, which was cool. Anyways it was during a false awakening when I though, I don't remember my room being this dark, and BAM. The dream itself was very realistic, for example when I went outside the air got colder and everything looked real, but it only lasted for two minutes, tops. I realized almost all my lucid dreams happen right as I am about to wake up. For example, it isn't until the very end of my dreams that I become lucid. Is there any way to get around this, or is it just bad luck?

Re: Lucid Dream In A While

Postby Highlander » 07 Aug 2013 16:16

It's not bad luck. It's perfectly normal. Because you become lucid, maybe you become a little more excited and eager to try stuff. This excitement can make you wake up. You should try techniques to stabilize the dream, like looking at your hands, rubbing your hands together, focus on some object, etc. This all works for me.
Oh, and when you become lucid, keep calm and don't get too excited as this will wake you up.

Postby HAGART » 07 Aug 2013 17:16

Like most people, I tend to get a lucid dream as my last dream of the night/early morning. But the best and longest ones happen early like 3 or 4 a.m. in the morning. They are rare for me, once every month or so and I still don't know exactly how they happen, but I have an idea. I have noticed that if I get tired, and dreamy, and go to sleep earlier than I normally go to sleep, I tend to WBTB earlier too, like between 2-3 a.m. I feel very alert and awake and when I sleep again, I tend to be lucid, but since it is a period of deeper sleep they last much longer. 30 to 60 minutes sometimes! (with a few false awakenings thrown in)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby lussn » 08 Aug 2013 12:32

It's awesome that we can do something like this. ;) The next lucid dreams that you'll live will be more long than the previous lucid dreams.
I think the same that Highlander and Hagart, don't be excited.
Let's dream!
NDs -> A whole life ;)
LDs -> +14
Let's dream!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”