DEILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
btifuldreamer

DEILD

Postby btifuldreamer » 09 Aug 2013 12:04

DEILD. In my opinion the easiest beginner technique. I have not had a lucid dream yet but i have only attempted this technique twice and i am sure that I will have a LD using this method. DEILD stands for Dream-exit induced lucid dream. When you wake up during the night after a dream you do not move or open your eyes. This will trick your brain into thinking you are still asleep and you will quickly enter sleep paralysis! :D If you can remember the dream you just awoke from even better because you can try to remember that dream scenario and recall it in your head and you could reenter the dream :o This seems very easy and i will try it every night from now on. I'm surprised this technique doesn't come up much in the forums because it seems so easy!! Has anyone else attempted it, if so, did you succeed? :?:

Highlander

Re: DEILD

Postby Highlander » 09 Aug 2013 12:53

Yap. I succeeded in 2 occasions. I did not reentered the same dream but i entered in another environment. It was cool.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 09 Aug 2013 13:48

oooooooooh how'd you do it? Was it easy?

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 09 Aug 2013 14:04

It's not that easy. Most of the time, i stay still and then i fall asleep not entering a dream. I only did that twice. I guess i wasn't focused enough. But you should try it.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 10 Aug 2013 01:22

Hmmmm. 3 times i have woken up and straight away realized i woke up so i don't move. The first 2 times i was in a really uncomfortable position and felt i had to move. The third time i moved because well i forget now. What do you find difficult about it.

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 10 Aug 2013 21:05

DEILD tip- When (and if) you do self-hypnosis, make your mantra (the phrase you repeat over and over again) something along the lines of " The next time I'm dreaming, I will wake up and think DEILD"

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Aug 2013 23:16

Jackson wrote:DEILD tip- When (and if) you do self-hypnosis, make your mantra (the phrase you repeat over and over again) something along the lines of " The next time I'm dreaming, I will wake up and think DEILD"

This is extremely helpful. I've been doing this mantra technique for about 3 weeks, and i have had around 15 LD's. All of them with the theme i asked for.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 11 Aug 2013 08:00

:o :D So you'll have a better chance if you say a mantra while falling asleep?? I'm gonna try that now! :lol:

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 11 Aug 2013 12:40

btifuldreamer wrote::o :D So you'll have a better chance if you say a mantra while falling asleep?

Yes. And between dreams it's even better.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 12 Aug 2013 10:01

btifuldreamer wrote::o :D So you'll have a better chance if you say a mantra while falling asleep?

Highlander wrote:Yes. And between dreams it's even better.

:D great! What's your mantra?

Return to “For Beginners”