Killing Dream Characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
deschainXIX

Re: Killing Dream Characters

Postby deschainXIX » 07 Aug 2013 19:03

Its a good idea to be kind to your dream characters. Killing them won't necessarily 'harm' your brain, like destroying parts of your mind. As Dom Kobb from 'Inception' said, "No, they're just projections." But you should be nice to them because they will be nicer to you. View your subconscious and conscious as two separate minds. It sounds weird, but that's kind of how it is. Your DC's will be more willing to assist you in lucid dreaming and other various things you may want to do, such as attempting a Dream Character Induced Lucid Dream.
Well said.

Aldo98

Postby Aldo98 » 07 Aug 2013 20:01

Killing DC's? For fun? I never really thought about it that way. Like on a video game when you get bored and just slaughter everyone in sight just because nothing can harm you? I've never felt like killing my DC's just because, but I'm not against it either because it's not bad.

If you say that by killing people on a video game or whatever the like will make you more violent then you've lost all my respect. We humans have a consciousness. We know what's good or bad, what's right or wrong and doing something that's bad in an environment where it really doesn't mean anything wont change us, because can know the difference between a 3D model rendered by a computer or a hallucination created by our subconscious and breathing, thinking person.

Yes, you can't really prove this is the only reality, that we are the only ones that exist, but then again maybe we just don't exist.

What I'm saying is that in those "worlds" killing people doesn't really mean anything and shouldn't be seen as anything and that's their rule, but as long as you are in this world, you should follow its rules. And since in this world killing means actually something (to disappear and be never seen again) then it MUST be seen as something.

It's like getting naked. HERE it's completely inappropriate and indecent, but in dreams it's nothing.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 08 Aug 2013 02:26

When it comes to video games, I am a killing machine. Real life regardless of how bad a person is, I would never. In the dream world on the other hand, if it was to defend myself or go against something in that world that is pure evil. The kid gloves come off. Especially when they use innocents against me.

Lys

Postby Lys » 09 Aug 2013 15:36

I have only killed a DC once though. Maybe because I don't think killing is fun. Fighting, like martial arts, that is another story (playing around as karate kid is hilarious.) I have better things to do than killing. After all, I try overnatural things. Like flying, shooting fire from my hands, or transforming into an animal. I'm illegal in my LD's though. I go robbing choclate stores ;)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 11 Aug 2013 10:07

well whats the point of shooting fire out of your hands if your not gonna kill. what good can come from that. maby killing beasts but still... animals count as DCs.

Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 01:46

AceOfSpades wrote:It wouldn't be the same. Besides mine aren't as simple as the others'. While I do recall what I see and hear inside the lucids, control is a different story. I couldn't revive her and even if I could it wouldn't be the same person I tried to save. It's like what Hagart said once about how his character after it came back wasn't exactly the same one he met before.

I did the next best thing though. While I was in that world I went after the bastard that forced her to attack me. If I couldn't bring her back the least I could do would avenge her.

You wont be able to revive any DCs if you think you wont. What one believes strongly influences LDs. Same as if you think the revived DC wont come back the same, it is very doubtful then that it would.

People impose so many limits/blocks onto their own LDs.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 18 Aug 2013 22:40

twice ive had dreams where (i had one last night) i will pull put a pathetic little knife (the first time was a pencil and last night i had a knife as big as mymiddle finger) and siy there stabing a person. at first they will figt back then after like 10 seconds or so they will stop and just take it. then they will jusy go back to what there doing and act like im not there. then after stabing for a long time over and over again nonstop(i realy want to kill them for some reason)they will kust say stop or what do yu want.i cant remember wich one they say. why do i want to kill them so bad

Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

Shiny

Postby Shiny » 05 Sep 2013 17:31

I personally wouldn't dream about killing a DC (lol). I know they aren't REALLY there, but I'd probably go insane with guilt anyway, because I mean, isn't killing a DC almost the same as killing a real life person? Yes, yes, they're a part of your subconscious, but they talk, they have faces (well, some of them do), and they LOOK like real people. So I think if somebody can kill dream characters without feeling anything, there's something wrong with their head (unless that DC is hurting them etc).
"It's always darkest before the dawn." - Florence Welch

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 07 Sep 2013 04:20

I thought this was discussed all ready. Killing dream characters won't effect you unless you feel guilt ridden. There is nothing wrong with it
-native American proverb

lsddream

Postby lsddream » 08 Sep 2013 06:23

Once, I tried to kill a DC and she just smiled at me and nothing happened.

lol. :lol:

Return to “Dream Characters”