What is your scariest SP moment?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
oliverclay

Re: What is your scariest SP moment?

Postby oliverclay » 02 Apr 2013 07:07

This thing happens in the starting because you are not regular to it.

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 08 Jul 2013 20:22

The first time I saw the "Old Hag" was my scariest. Although this wasn't SP at all, it's often mislabeled as such, so I'll throw it in here (and contribute to the misconception, but what the hay)...

I was about to go to sleep downstairs on a sofa bed, but still very much awake. It was dark, but ya know how after your eyes get adjusted even a little light from a router, digital clock or whatever is enough to let you see around the room? First I "heard" something. A creak on one of the steps. Not a big deal, that happens occasionally when nothing is there. But then another one. Then another... and not just that, but it sounded like consecutive steps. So at this point it sounds like something is descending the stairs! But the door was closed at the top and surely I'd have heard someone open that if someone was at those steps.

All the sudden I just got the feeling, man, axe that... KNOWING that I wasn't alone. All the hairs on the back of my neck stood at end as I propped my neck up and looked in that direction. I saw a black mass with no definitive shape... just like a blob or cloud. So black that it stood out as dark even in a very dark room. It was in about the middle of the steps. At this point the thing started teleporting... down a few more steps... then to the bottom of them. Then beside a coat rack in the corner of the room. And then right at the foot of the bed.

And then it happened. I saw floating above me a classic "Old Hag" (look it up). This thing had the meanest looking snarl on it's face you could imagine, and long, sharp fingernails with it's hands extended toward me like it wanted to scratch me. Those fingernails were so sharp they looked like they were intentionally filed to points.

I pulled the covers over my head. I'm not particularly religious at all (but very spiritual), but did one of those: "God, if you're up there, could you please get me out of this mess?" deals... when I looked again it was gone. I reached over beside my bed to turn the light on, scared to death that I might not like what I see at all once I did. But nothing was there. I never slept downstairs in that room again, nor slept without a night light on for a long time after that one.

I was neither asleep nor paralyzed at any point during this experience, rendering "sleep paralysis" a pretty poor explanation in my case. This was a real entity that manifested in my realm/reality for a brief moment, that thankfully passed quickly and without incident. And I can imagine such an experience paralyzing people from the sheer fear being induced. It is my opinion that such experiences are being seriously misdiagnosed. They're always quick to slap a so-called "rational" explanation (sticker) onto it, but really know very little about the true nature of, well... everything, quite frankly. But I have simply seen and experienced too much to buy these explanations.

I had never even heard of the "Old Hag" phenomena until AFTER this experience, upon researching it on the internet looking for similar accounts. I not only ran into hundreds of almost identical accounts, but drawings by the people depicting exactly what I saw, right down to those long fingernails filed to sharp points. That's a heck of a lot of people having identical "hallucinations"... people not in contact with one another nor influencing each other until, again, "after" the fact. Yes people have seen other things as well... the shadow people (this thing looked like a shadow before it manifested into more), and much more. But a ton of people have reported seeing this hag in particular. It looked like a hologram in a way, slightly glowing. The eyes with a very subtle yellow tinge.

I didn't tell anyone else in the house about it until years later due to a) fear of ridicule, and b) I didn't want to freak them out too. Because I believe our fears could possibly create these things. Perhaps it was a coincidence that those steps happened to creak in tandem like that. Then my fear took over and created that thing.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Aug 2013 18:36

ESPer wrote:The first time I saw the "Old Hag" was my scariest. Although this wasn't SP at all, it's often mislabeled as such, so I'll throw it in here (and contribute to the misconception, but what the hay)...

I was about to go to sleep downstairs on a sofa bed, but still very much awake. It was dark, but ya know how after your eyes get adjusted even a little light from a router, digital clock or whatever is enough to let you see around the room? First I "heard" something. A creak on one of the steps. Not a big deal, that happens occasionally when nothing is there. But then another one. Then another... and not just that, but it sounded like consecutive steps. So at this point it sounds like something is descending the stairs! But the door was closed at the top and surely I'd have heard someone open that if someone was at those steps.

All the sudden I just got the feeling, man, axe that... KNOWING that I wasn't alone. All the hairs on the back of my neck stood at end as I propped my neck up and looked in that direction. I saw a black mass with no definitive shape... just like a blob or cloud. So black that it stood out as dark even in a very dark room. It was in about the middle of the steps. At this point the thing started teleporting... down a few more steps... then to the bottom of them. Then beside a coat rack in the corner of the room. And then right at the foot of the bed.

And then it happened. I saw floating above me a classic "Old Hag" (look it up). This thing had the meanest looking snarl on it's face you could imagine, and long, sharp fingernails with it's hands extended toward me like it wanted to scratch me. Those fingernails were so sharp they looked like they were intentionally filed to points.

I pulled the covers over my head. I'm not particularly religious at all (but very spiritual), but did one of those: "God, if you're up there, could you please get me out of this mess?" deals... when I looked again it was gone. I reached over beside my bed to turn the light on, scared to death that I might not like what I see at all once I did. But nothing was there. I never slept downstairs in that room again, nor slept without a night light on for a long time after that one.

I was neither asleep nor paralyzed at any point during this experience, rendering "sleep paralysis" a pretty poor explanation in my case. This was a real entity that manifested in my realm/reality for a brief moment, that thankfully passed quickly and without incident. And I can imagine such an experience paralyzing people from the sheer fear being induced. It is my opinion that such experiences are being seriously misdiagnosed. They're always quick to slap a so-called "rational" explanation (sticker) onto it, but really know very little about the true nature of, well... everything, quite frankly. But I have simply seen and experienced too much to buy these explanations.

I had never even heard of the "Old Hag" phenomena until AFTER this experience, upon researching it on the internet looking for similar accounts. I not only ran into hundreds of almost identical accounts, but drawings by the people depicting exactly what I saw, right down to those long fingernails filed to sharp points. That's a heck of a lot of people having identical "hallucinations"... people not in contact with one another nor influencing each other until, again, "after" the fact. Yes people have seen other things as well... the shadow people (this thing looked like a shadow before it manifested into more), and much more. But a ton of people have reported seeing this hag in particular. It looked like a hologram in a way, slightly glowing. The eyes with a very subtle yellow tinge.

I didn't tell anyone else in the house about it until years later due to a) fear of ridicule, and b) I didn't want to freak them out too. Because I believe our fears could possibly create these things. Perhaps it was a coincidence that those steps happened to creak in tandem like that. Then my fear took over and created that thing.

Maybe you were just dreaming? Having a false awakening? Its definitely possible.
Well said.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 09 Aug 2013 16:00

Not being able to open my eyes let alone move or breath was mine. It was like I was dead, but not.

AstralAustin

Postby AstralAustin » 09 Aug 2013 23:04

I've had SP moments where I just thought I was dreaming, but a lot of them consisted of some presence in the room with me, and I could feel its negativity,(like when you're in a nightmare and you know something bad is going to happen). But one of the most recent and scariest ones I had involved me waking up and I looked to the left side of the bed where a girl had come in next to me and I was trying to speak to her, yet I couldn't, but she still understood me and sad, "Your mom didnt tell you I was coming?" And then I heard laughing and I thought one of my friends was in the room, because behind the lamp on the bedside table was someone with a camera taking pictures of me in bed, unable to move. I think I woke up, but not completely and then I looked at the fireplace mantel and could feel something bad starting to happen as my heart increased in beat until my vision was beating like my heart was. After I woke up and was still convinced I wasn't really awake until a few minutes later, haha.
–A

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

flowofmysoul

Postby flowofmysoul » 22 Aug 2013 13:10

I woke up and saw my wife next to me, she was sleeping. I was not able to movie, i did not have any hallucinations, i simply could not move and could not say anything. I usually feel ok when i have SP, i can enjoy it as something unusual. But this time i wanted to talk to my wife, i wanted to wake her up, i wanted to do something. No matter how hard i tried i failed all my attempts to move or to say something. Lasted for 2-3 minutes...

I think that was the scariest SP that i had, but SP's are not scary at all compared to what i experienced in my dreams :)

patches

Postby patches » 16 Aug 2014 09:54

ESPer wrote:The first time I saw the "Old Hag" was my scariest. Although this wasn't SP at all, it's often mislabeled as such, so I'll throw it in here (and contribute to the misconception, but what the hay)...

I've had SP for about 19 years now...And I've also seen a shadow person...I also had never seen or heard of them until months after my own experience, (which I'd been telling myself was a hallucination, though really doing a poor job convincing myself) so it blew me away when I finally started googling it and found ridiculous numbers of accounts that described exactly what I saw and experienced. Mine was the 7ft tall hooded man - blacker than black, no facial features, horrible, indescribable eyes...and an overwhelming sense of pure evil and rage.
Although I was paralyzed when I saw him, I've had countless other experiences that occurred either while I was awake, or that began before the sp hit. Very weird. Although at least ever since I saw the hooded man, the other "entities" or "visitors" as I like to call them, no longer scare me. A bit unnerving at times, but I don't mind them anymore. I'm convinced that if it's something "bad" - you know it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

passingthrutime

Postby passingthrutime » 28 Sep 2014 06:22

when I was in high school I skipped one day and went and slept in my friend Ried's garage. :? lol that sounds odd now that I'm telling people this but anyway I wake up to see a oppossum on the ground nearby. I try and move and find I'm paralyzed , I try and and yell to scare it but I only manage a soft, unintelligle "noise" . not too scary and also not a dream but kinda funny ;) and also my only experiance with SP
"Proof is in the pudding however, and we need to experience it for ourselves. But it's also like saying, 'If you don't know than I won't tell you!' I'm not here to prove that my opinion is right" -Hagart

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Sep 2014 01:43

My scariest moment is the equivalent of an intruder alert. A non-human presence is perceive and no matter how much I tell myself that it's only a hallucination, an irrational fear lingers. SP can be the source of great inspiration for the science of horror movies. My scariest SP involved an old hag (in its literal sense).

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Dec 2014 12:54

Summerlander wrote:My scariest moment is the equivalent of an intruder alert. A non-human presence is perceive and no matter how much I tell myself that it's only a hallucination, an irrational fear lingers.

That reminded me of the same happening to me one time. I'd woke up cause I heard a noise, found I was in sleep paralyses and was convinced someone was breaking into my house while I couldnt move. That was very scary!! Turned out thou the noise was just created by my mind but the whole experience of hearing someone trying to get in while I was paralysed, at the time I thought was real.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”