Lucid dreams - whats next

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Lucid dreams - whats next

Postby peter82 » 14 Dec 2011 00:04

Hi everyone,

This is my very first post over here! I am really glad I found this forum where we can share our experiences and asks questions and so forth... lets go straight to the meat though.

I've been in LDs for quite a long time. I started reading Castaneda books firstly, then for some weeks I tried to understand what lucidity is and I finally obtained it. Now I am in a stage where I can actually induce it any time I want (e.g. when I am going to bed I just need to think if I want it or not)

In Castaneda books we can see the main character progressing in his states and so did I. After I read the book I tried to follow 'levels' and have same 'outputs' so to speak. Sometimes when I wanted to move on to the next level I was just reading what the guy was doing and trying to follow the 'right' instructions. Maybe that was not the best idea in the world but at that time I did not have anyone who could help me in these matters. Now I am at the stage when the guy sees 'scouts' from lets call it other realms. For like fortnight I was thinking if I should ask for it in my dreams (for example just shout out like "I want to see a scout" but never had enough courage) but I never did and it raised this question to you guys:

- is there a next level as far as lucid dreams?
- if there is - is asking for it a good idea (in terms of scouts and etc.)
- if any of you had it and if it really exists (I know books sometimes lie but having achieved so much what worked so far I believed in it)
- is it safe?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts. I hope someone can shed some light for me on this really tough topic as I don't want to lose my sanity, naturally....

lucidinthe sky

Re: Lucid dreams - whats next

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Dec 2011 01:09

I'm new at this so I don't have a lot of experience to draw on, but I think dreams are a pretty safe place to explore different levels of consciousness, especially if you the have the ability to be lucid which I think is pretty much a requirement. It's best to be prepared for whatever you ask, just for the sake of getting the most out of it, not for "safety". Dreams come with a safety valve called waking up so they are much safer than things like hallucinogens, for example. Good luck with your quest.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Postby peter82 » 15 Dec 2011 12:33

Fosho, I always have my questions prepared in advance. Thing is that according to that book I read it really depends on a person and on how deep did you go. For me, I feel as if I completed this level and I'm on the edge ready to jump to see what is next but I don't know what will happen if I jump, right... hence I need someone who can tell me what's in there.

On the other hand - I sometimes tried to use my fifth finger to point at things in my dreams to find out if they are real or not but without any results yet (its been 2 months now). I will keep trying of course knowing that one day it's gonna happen and I'm afraid that it is a point of no return.

Postby TaoTeRazz » 15 Dec 2011 17:48

Hey Pete,

How's it goin? Wow, a Castanedaian? Really? :lol: I thought everyone up and vanished years ago. ;) A friend of mine was really studying the works and we had alot of conversations about the described cosmology. I, myself only read, Tales of Power and The Art of Dreaming. One really needs to submerse themselves into that culture to really "get it" and I couldn't quite get there. I couldn't grasp authenticity. Any way, it was a good stepping stone none the less. I still try to keep up with the latest by lurking about at the Parallel Perceptions site.
Anyway, I thought your questions were quite interesting. Interesting for me in that, it's a struggle to identify with the question, which is the same way it was with my friend. I found that I had to translate his language to mine. For example, "Is there a next level as far as lucid dreams?" Do you mean like Ultra lucid dream or some gateway or portal that is found within a lucid dream to pass into another Realm that is beyond a dream? For me, this boils down to ones cosmological understanding or belief. For me, there arn't levels of lucid dreams but more to levels of perception and awareness within dreams. I define the act of dreaming, lucidly or non, as visiting or perceiving Ultimate Reality - Reality being our, perception of Consciousness.
As far as, "...asking for it..." being a good idea. It never hurts to ask anything really. I'm not sure what you were referring to as far as, "if any of you had (it) and if it really it safe?" I'm not quite sure how to help you with this one. I don't want to answer erroneously but, perhaps you should examine the idea of fear. For me, the idea of "safe" only applies to the physical, relative environment which Ultimately, you are not a part of. Likewise, the idea of "sanity" only applies to the physical, relative environment which Ultimately, you are not a part of. And to the idea of "sanity" why would you not want to lose your sanity? What if losing your sanity meant that you would actually have a more highly evolved way of being? Your imprinted idea of what sanity is and what it is to lose sanity seems to be founded upon some conceptual idea of what it would be like in an asylum. If sanity is to be considered the social norms of what is expressed around me, I'm very happy to be insane. :D
This could be a very cool thread, I look forward to more.....

Nosce te Ipsum

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”