100% control

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
tea

100% control

Postby tea » 11 Aug 2013 14:40

[...] i am standing on a giant bridge, both ends seem to go towards infinity. all around just water. somehow i'm holding a carrot, so i decide to throw it off the bridge. just as the carrot leaves my hand, it stops mid-air. what the?! i pick it up and try to throw it again but no chance. a man appears and he starts talking rubbish. after a few sentences i start to understand him (it really felt like i'm the one who's beginning to understand the words, not like he's suddenly talking clearer).
he says something like: "great, you're lucid. but what's wrong with the carrot?" i shrug my shoulders but then i also tell him that i should be able to control whatever i want and that i guess i'm in my own way... somehow. he smiles. "take control.", he says. at this point i remember to do some stabilization, so i start rubbing my hands together. it works a little but then i remember the technique that usually works best for me: fokusing on a dream-object. the man's face had some interesting skin folds so i walk a little closer. suddenly i feel angry about him standing there, watching me struggle with clarity, so i shout at him: "give me 100% percent control!"
immediately i feel my heart and brain pulsating, feel the clothes i am wearing, smell the salty air, feel the presence of the other person and as my awareness grows larger, it suddenly explodes and

i wake up.

for the fraction of a second i felt like i could do everything. that feeling was indescribable, has anyone ever experienced something similar? would love to hear about your experiences with maximum control!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

torakrubik

Re: 100% control

Postby torakrubik » 11 Aug 2013 21:18

Sounds to me like you actually experienced a very high level of vividness. I don't think you were totally in control though - otherwise you would have consciously generated the clothes you were wearing, willed the salty smell into existence, and built up the other person exactly in every single way etc. Still, an interesting experience, thanks for sharing!
Dreaming is my drug

tea

Postby tea » 11 Aug 2013 23:43

yeah, you're right. i wonder if that'd possible.. o.O
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:11

torakrubik wrote:Sounds to me like you actually experienced a very high level of vividness. I don't think you were totally in control though - otherwise you would have consciously generated the clothes you were wearing, willed the salty smell into existence, and built up the other person exactly in every single way etc. Still, an interesting experience, thanks for sharing!

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the title of this topic.

I'm not sure if it is possible to have total control, we rely on our subconscious to create a lot of the dream material a lot.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:11

torakrubik wrote:Sounds to me like you actually experienced a very high level of vividness. I don't think you were totally in control though - otherwise you would have consciously generated the clothes you were wearing, willed the salty smell into existence, and built up the other person exactly in every single way etc. Still, an interesting experience, thanks for sharing!

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the title of this topic.

I'm not sure if it is possible to have total control, we rely on our subconscious to create a lot of the dream material a lot.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 27 Aug 2013 03:37

I think that having 100% control would make it unenjoyable... it's the power of our subconscious that makes lucid dreaming so vivid. If it was just our conscious minds creating everything from nothing, it would be awful. Idk, that's just my thought.
Well said.

tea

Postby tea » 27 Aug 2013 22:01

deschainXIX wrote:I think that having 100% control would make it unenjoyable... it's the power of our subconscious that makes lucid dreaming so vivid. If it was just our conscious minds creating everything from nothing, it would be awful. Idk, that's just my thought.

nah, i'm pretty sure everyone here thinks the same way.

thanks for the feedback, people!

mia

Postby mia » 28 Aug 2013 01:59

Nice dream experience tea!
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Aug 2013 03:58

I usually have all my normal senses in my LDs, so would of smelt the ocean, felt the clothes on me etc etc (Im even breathing in my LDs). All that is quite normal for my LDs.

Having 100% LD control, I see it as no different then real life as even in real life we dont control who's about to walk around the corner or drive down a road, what flowers we will see on our walk etc.

When I refer to having 100% control, I see it rather as a state of mind in which ones normal waking mind is functioning completely 100% normally eg of being in complete control of ones dream self, what you do and say and think (eg avoiding irrational dream thoughts). But what I see from what another posted, it appears people think different things when they think of 100% control.

If one was controlling throu every single item which is in the dream, it wouldnt then even be dream as to be a dream you need to have your subconciousness manifesting things too. (that is one of the reasons why I can find astral projection boring at times as I dont have my subconciousness manifesting stuff into my experience)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”