short but weird experience

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
crazyguitarking

short but weird experience

Postby crazyguitarking » 12 Aug 2013 13:37

Hello people

so yesterday (technically today) when I was trying to fall asleep I couldn't close my eyes because I didn't feel that good but all of a sudden I felt a hand on my head that pushed my head against the pillow just after I "re-opened" my eyes while they were already open and it was not a false awakening since I'm certain I was still awake

What could this mysterious short experience be?

deschainXIX

Re: short but weird experience

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Aug 2013 16:06

Sleep paralysis :) Were you fatigued/exhausted from staying awake? That makes it even more likely it was SP.
Well said.

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 12 Aug 2013 16:47

oh is it the same thing as when you can't move your body while asleep and awake at the same time, that you feel paralysed?

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Aug 2013 17:35

I'm not sure what you mean
Well said.

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 12 Aug 2013 18:17

when you're asleep but awake at the same time and you can't move your body no matter how hard you try to

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Aug 2013 18:48

Yeah.. that's sleep paralysis
Well said.

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 12 Aug 2013 19:11

okay thanks :D

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 14 Aug 2013 11:08

Could you maybe explain why this mostly happens when I wake up because I'm dusturbed and then fall asleep again. And for some weird reason it happens more in the couch I once had it 3 times

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Aug 2013 19:09

Sleep paralysis can be as simple as being unable to move (or with limited movement).
But there have been times when I wake up and go back to sleep right away and start to experience strange sensations. Hands pressing on me is one of them. And that is a form of sleep paralysis too. Essentially, your body is experiencing muscle atonia, before you have fully lost consciousness, so our minds, in a dream state or semi dream state, can create some odd illusions to justify what we are sensing.

They can be a little disturbing sometimes, I won't lie. But if you overcome it and remain calm they can lead to a great lucid dream or even an OBE type lucid dream.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 14 Aug 2013 23:43

I read an article about sleep paralysis and I have all symptoms, and also it's exactly what I experienced (what was written) because I really was unable to move and I have it frequently since I have narcolepsy and people like me have it frequently most likely, also I was in a state of hypnagogy the state between just closing your eyes and dreaming so it's absolutely sleep paralysis that I experienced since it's more common with sleep disorders which I have

Return to “Paranormal Activity”