What Is The "Dream World"

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
DreamerMan99

What Is The "Dream World"

Postby DreamerMan99 » 06 Jul 2013 04:01

I decided to create this forum because I saw a lot of different opinions of what the thing in which we enter during dreams is - And I want to see what everyone thinks!

Personally, I have not decided yet.

Is it a different world?
A plane?
Or just simply your own mind?
Or something else completely?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

LCDAnthony

Re: What Is The "Dream World"

Postby LCDAnthony » 06 Jul 2013 04:17

It's all in our heads.

If it was planes... I'd be playing Magic: The Gathering every night haha

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 06 Jul 2013 04:30

I think so too, the more I think about it. It being a different world seems silly, but Im open to opinions :P

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 08 Jul 2013 04:41

I know it's all in our heads, but it feels like another world. Especially when I do fictional things.
I've also had the dream world remind me of virtual reality, and the Animus for those of you who've played Assassin's Creed.
Last edited by Guitar48300 on 08 Jul 2013 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 08 Jul 2013 12:17

It's simply in our own mind. Which makes it even more amazing than an actual "wonderland" of sorts, simply because all of that beauty comes from our own minds.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 12 Aug 2013 11:15

Its you screwing with the process of projecting something for your body to navigate by. The human mind Is capable of creating extraordinary projections, our waking daily experiences being one of them.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Aug 2013 16:01

It is all in our minds, but that doesn't make it any less real than our waking-life reality.
Well said.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 12 Aug 2013 21:59

Well sort of. Our waking reality is an approximation of the actual physical world in which we actually live in. The dream world is a projection of random noise inside our heads. Its just different layers of existence.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Aug 2013 23:11

True. There is only this reality. But what I mean by my statement was that the subject of "reality" is a tricky one. How do we even define "reality?" What we can perceive with the five senses? That's how most people define it. But in a dream we have all five senses, and sometimes even more than that. So, techniquely, the dream world is just as real as what we call "waking life" :)
Well said.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Aug 2013 05:15

That's only in your theoretical sphere you just created by using definitions. I don't even bother with that. Reality is just reality, no need to define it. What you are saying is the dream world is just as real as the world we perceive, I can dig that. But when it comes to reality, reality is what you get when you remove yourself from the equation. You perceive a chair, the reality is the chair with or without your acknowledgement. The dream world however, does not exist when without you. At least, this is my definition.

Another way of putting it is that our waking life reality is a projection of reality, whereas our dream world is more of a projection of our projections... so it is slightly less real. I dunno its too hard to define what the dream world is, what influences it etc.

Return to “Off-Topic”