giving tasks to the subconscious mind

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
XtheHunter

giving tasks to the subconscious mind

Postby XtheHunter » 10 May 2011 16:08

Hi, I'm a newbie lucid dreamer that still can't quite control everything, but I'll eventually get there and that's not the issue here.

The issue is, I once had a semi-lucid dream where I accidentally found some dream personifications of personal traumas (those things are mental constructs that are part of my inner belief system and keep my from acomplishing pretty much anything), wich brought to mind the question:

If I call up my subconscious mind within a dream and, instead of asking questions, ask it to ERASE those constructs/beliefs/whatever, would it work? would it have any sort of colatheral effect?

please, share with me your opinions (or maybe experiences) on the subject.

<EDIT>Maybe "erasing" those things is too harsh and I should listen/convince them to change (or go away). Anyway, please share your toughts.</EDIT>

livie12

Re: giving tasks to the subconscious mind

Postby livie12 » 10 May 2011 21:23

i really like that idea! because i do have a fear that's haunted me since i was little, and i would love to just erase it. i look into that..... :D :?: :!:
Livie....:)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 12 May 2011 06:07

This sounds like Greene's Release - a technique in which you re-live a bad memory with all it's negative emotions one last time, then erase it by taking control and replacing the old emotions with good ones.

http://greenesrelease.com/

I dare say this could work in a lucid dream!

maya

Postby maya » 12 May 2011 14:36

I had a similar idea once which was to contact my subconscious and give it some positive programming, what better self-hypnosis than to directly talk with your subconscious right!!
what actually happened when i 'met' with my subconscious was far more of a priority than what i had planned. In fact it was trying to tell me a very important message for that particular time in my life.
This is the dream:
http://mortalmist.com/forum/dream-journals/maya%27s-lucid-journal/msg77007/#msg77007

About a month later i was diagnosed with depression, lol.

This experience however is likely to be unique for me and each person who tries it will get a varying response from their own subconscious.
I've read journals where people have communicated with their subconscious in various ways, some call up old memories, others call up old dreams to relive, i still haven't read one about giving tasks.

You know what's funny, i first read the title of this thread as "Giving Thanks to your subconscious" and thought wow that's a unique idea!
Maybe we should give thanks to our hard working subby every once in a while :D

XtheHunter

Postby XtheHunter » 14 May 2011 03:38

found this on th site.
link: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/9-reasons-why-everyone-should-lucid-dream.html

I once had a nightmare, in which I was being flung by a dark pointy figure up and down a narrow hallway. I wasn't lucid at first, although I was conscious enough to feel pain and each smack really hurt. After two or three smashes I had the conscious insight to ask whether I was dreaming. Of course I was. I didn't waste any time; I marched up to the silhouette man and grab him by the shoulders.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!" I shouted. His aggression immediately turned to sadness and childish frustration. "I can't reconcile this," he said, and shoved a notepad in my hands. He has scrawled the words "be loved, love yourself", referring to a philosophical debate I had been having earlier that day: Is it more important to love yourself, or be loved by someone else?

Clearly, my conclusion was at odds with my unconscious. There was absolutely no symbolism required. My inner child was acting out with a massive tantrum - and demanded my attention. Yet it is only when lucid that I have the opportunity to resolve such issues face-to-face.

Instead of fearing the pointy figure or wanting to banish him, I now felt empathy for him. He hadn't understood. So I explained my reasons as if he were a child. Draining away both physically and emotionally, the creature left and I woke up in awe of the childish element that arose from my subconscious self.

I guees this means a "It probably would work".

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 15 May 2011 18:19

maya wrote:Maybe we should give thanks to our hard working subby every once in a while :D

Yeah, I heard when we read, we don't read every letter, and our brain fills in the blanks. After I read your post, I looked at the title quickly again, and in a flash I saw "thanks" as well. If I induce a lucid dream, I'll be sure to give thanks, hah!
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

dagomez99

Postby dagomez99 » 03 Jun 2011 01:25

Well, I've been trying to lucid dream a month ago, and last week I had the first really lucid dream, I realized I was dreaming, so the first thing to do was to ask for clarity, so I did it and everything became vivid, then I messed with the physics a little (which, btw wasn't easy), and tried to teleport, but I woke up in the restaurant of my college, remembered to do a rc and I was still dreaming, so I talked to the first person I saw and asked if he was my subconscious, he replied "yes" in a very monotone and serious way, then, I asked if I could talk to him, same answer, so I asked how to become lucid more often, and he said yes, in the same monotone way, and started to scribble something, that I never saw because I had another false awakening, but I didn't do a rc so I finished in a normal dream, next time I'm going to give him the task, not ask for it. (do you think he gave me an answer that I didn't see, by scribbling on that paper?)
Also, today, talking to my friend, I was wondering if you could ask your subconscious for help, if you have something important coming up, like a big test for example.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 03 Jun 2011 02:26

It never hurts to ask and see what happens.

I read a book called The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, which talked about ideas like giving your mind a task before bed, doing affirmations, etc. I don't believe it ever mentioned doing it in your dreams, but I wonder -- if you interact consciously with your subconscious, then maybe it's not your subconscious at all. Just another part of your conscious?

I don't know if that makes sense. I admit it all just sounds like semantics when I put it like that. :lol:

luckee

Postby luckee » 11 Jun 2011 02:12

Giving tasks? That is not possible... We have free will and our actions is decided by our conscious mind not our subconscious. Our subconscious is what backs us up with certain activities by making us feel motivated to pick a certain task over another because the subconscious mind has been rewarded for this task previously. It is like a hard working and determined dwarf in a cave. You occasionally throw down some food and it will work harder. You will have more succes by becoming congruent to a certain task rather then demanding the subconscious to do a certain task for you against its own desire... It doesn't work that way. Either you seek motivation to do it, or you take it one step further and change your life in a way that you remove all motivation/excitement and simply cast out anything you are unwilling to do. Then motivation is no longer an issue. Your deprived dwarfs will work for anything, and you win... Thats how I do it. I make a clear boundary and show that I'm the one in charge, not they. Without me they got no one to work for.

We have persons we hate alot... If we could only try and give them love trough lucid dreams it would be alot easier to evolve spiritually this way. You emmediatly brighten up the darkest corners of your subconscious. It is great. Spend energy on precious dream character interaction time here for more fruitful results.

philipsteele

Postby philipsteele » 25 Jun 2011 10:21

great information..our brain have two main parts that is conscious and subconscious mind..our every activity is going on with the help of these power..Do you know how these Power of Subconscious to Change Your Life the best way is always think positively if you think negatively, your subconscious mind taking these statement as correct...and it will result for your failure...and another important fact is still we are not using about 90% of the subconscious mind...so if we are able to utilize these 90% subconscious mind...then we can do every thing in this world....

if you want to know more information's about subconscious mind i suggest you to see this..

http://essaycompanyreviews.com/power-of-subconscious-to-change-your-life.html
Last edited by philipsteele on 25 Jun 2011 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”