Does the afterlife exist at all? Debate that here.

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jacob46719

Re: Does the afterlife exist at all? Debate that here.

Postby Jacob46719 » 13 Aug 2013 06:51

HAGART wrote:This topic keeps reappearing because I made a post in the past.
I want to end this discussion/debate/hear-what-I-have-to-say-now,
with as few words as possible. (and think about it)

DOES THE WINNER GET A TROPHY?

Continue. Nobody listens to me anyway.

no winner gets a trophy here. this topic should get modded for being off-topic in the off-topic board. Is that even possible?
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Aug 2013 07:24

It's up to Rebecca.
She said keep it civil and that is all.
I agree, it has gone off the diving board and into the deep end.
(Where do I come up with these Dr. Phil sayings!? DC's talk to me that way and I have embraced it.... ANYWAY...)

I think it HAS been civil mostly.
But, there is no winner and no reward.
Philosophers have discussed this for the ages.

I'm not saying it's a waste of time. It's always a good time to discuss afterlife.

But there is no right or wrong and you succumb to the gravity of the afterlife-dilemma-black-hole, spiral.
And there is no escape for any 'winner' or 'loser' and no rewards. Only hurt and confusion.

If you do continue this, and I encourage it, just keep that in mind. As long as we are alive, this will be an issue and should never be ignored. But just keep this in mind: YOU CAN'T WIN!

Say your peace and walkaway.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 13 Aug 2013 07:57

Well I am gonna end mine by simply saying this. Everybody has their own viewpoint, some believe there is some kind of afterlife, some believe that nothing happens and you just rot in the ground. While others believe that we are already dead already and that true death is simply movement being stopped. Either way there is gonna be holes in our beliefs because odds are either one of us is wrong, or god forbid that it ends up being completely different from all our viewpoints together. As for what happens, we are never gonna truely know until it hits us. There is a reason many religions, scientists, and nihilists could never get an accurate date on the end of the world, because there is no end or at least an end we see, only new beginnings. Even death is only the beginning. That's all I have to say, I'm out. Continue insulting each other for all I care.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Aug 2013 09:03

Peace out AceOfSpades!
And I'm not afraid to say I have a difference of opinion with you on a few things....
BUT WHO CARES?
Let others grow breathless, breathing in each other's faces with their halitosis they call words.

THE TRUE WINNERS are the ones who escape this black hole of an idea.

(That was civil. Some charged, poetic words with 'shock-value' that make people think... but nothing more.)

(I like this topic, but felt a need to step in and break it up. It's the middle-child-personality I have! Always stopping my brothers from fighting growing up!)

Keep it up if you want, but me and ACE got out alive. I hope others join us and agree to disagree. (Doesn't mean we are weak.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 13 Aug 2013 09:55

I don't like locking threads but I think we'd better leave it here...

Return to “Off-Topic”