Feeling vibrations before falling asleep

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Indigo1983

Feeling vibrations before falling asleep

Postby Indigo1983 » 08 Oct 2012 14:31

Hello again,

Here's something quite interesting that happens to me several times (and a lot, actually).
Before falling asleep, I feel like my body is vibrating. It is so weird, cause I don't move at this moment.
And there is this kind of buzzing sound. But usually I can't stay immobile so I open my eyes and change position.

I wonder what it could be, but as I'm really into mediumship and spirituality, I think those vibrations are my spiritual guides coming to heal my aura and chakras before going to bed.

I doubt that it would be something negative. I work a lot with crystal, and I always put a black tourmaline at my feet to avoid attacks. Before falling asleep, I always think and say to myself "tonight, I'm travelling to a light sphere, I won't go into darkness".

Any idea of what it could be?
I was wondering if it wasn't just the beginning of an astral projection, but as I freak out a bit sometimes, I stop it by myself (which is completely stupid cause I want to do some).

torakrubik

Re: Feeling vibrations before falling asleep

Postby torakrubik » 08 Oct 2012 21:13

this is perfectly normal. In fact, they are the beginnings of a WILD.
Dreaming is my drug

benchy

Postby benchy » 20 Oct 2012 15:43

Vibrations are the first stage of having an OOBE, try to speed the vibrations up using your mind, when you can get them to a warm humming you need to try detaching from yourself by rolling out of your body or visualize floating or flying upwards gently...Im jealous I want to experience this...one day or night haha

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Nov 2012 03:32

I feel like my body is vibrating. It is so weird, cause I don't move at this moment.
And there is this kind of buzzing sound. But usually I can't stay immobile so I open my eyes and change position.

There's nothing mystical about what you're experiencing. Your body has fallen completely asleep and is in REM muscle atonia. Here's what I've experienced posted at another forum.

PJ I've experienced vibrations while awake, that also come in pulses, so lets compare notes.

1. They've happened when my body has fallen asleep with my brain wide awake during WILD attempts. They most likely are this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7aAe0mqY9c (skip to :38)
2. They're strong and feel like an electrical current.
3. They start at the base of my skull and flow down to my feet.
4. I feel them going down every little nerve as they flow down.
5. They move a lot faster than yours seem to PJ, under two seconds for a pulse and under .5 seconds for the pause/gap.
6. Even though I'm certain that they are REM muscle atonia, I'm never paralyzed by them. I can do slow movements in them without stopping them, but any fast or major movement ends them.
7. When I say wide awake I mean wide awake, no HI and no dream images either with eyes open or closed.

When I first experienced them I had never heard of them, SP or muscle atonia. I also recognized when I did that they were the real inspiration for the images of waterfalls or fast growing trees that I was always seeing between NREM dreams and REM dreams while wilding.-Snaggle, Mortalmist forum http://mortalmist.com/forum/index.php/topic,3842.msg135893.html#new

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
torakrubik
WILDs usually follow the normal sleep pattern and one has already crossed over into dreams long before REM muscle atonia starts.

benchy

Vibrations are the first stage of having an OOBE, try to speed the vibrations up using your mind, when you can get them to a warm humming you need to try detaching from yourself by rolling out of your body or visualize floating or flying upwards gently...Im jealous I want to experience this...one day or night haha

OBEs are much more variable than you think. Celia Green, who studied them as a group of experiences, found that vibrations occur in only 40% of OBE. In this case what is likely happening in these and Robert Monroe's experiences is that the body has fallen completely asleep and the brain joined it in a dream state- or put more simply these are a variant of a dream OBE.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lexi

Postby lexi » 04 Aug 2013 00:19

Hopefully the information I post on here can help. I've been reading comments from people on different sites from all over the world who have experienced this and are terrified and/or confused. Please, do not be. There is no reason to be afraid when this happens. In my experience it is simply your guides trying to communicate with you or the beginning of astral projection. The first time this happened to me I was a little frightened and wondered what it was all about. I brushed it off and figured it was just a weird dream. The second time this happened I heard static, sort of like trying to find a radio station. I was still in control of everything. I was in control of my thoughts so this eased the fear a bit and I decided to go with it. I was still awake, yet my body was vibrating and I heard the static in my head. Once I convinced myself I was safe and I was in control the static began to "tune in" if you will, to the "right" radio station. I heard beautiful music, unlike any I ever heard and children singing in a very, very different language. I'm not familiar nor have studied any languages except my brief, required classes in high school so I have no idea where to even begin to decipher where this language originated. All I know is it was beautiful. I continued to listen to it until they stopped. I "woke" up and my body stopped vibrating. Needless to say this lead to my fascination with something I was convinced was not of this world. I had looked up the symptoms I experienced on the internet. I was bombarded with doctors and non-doctors who "recommended" medications, drugs and so on and were trying to diagnose this over the internet. I ran into "sleep paralysis" and "schizophrenia" or "some form of psychosis". That definitely isn't what I experienced. What I experienced was beautiful and I felt amazing after I let go of that fear and listened to that radio station that was embedded somewhere deep in my mind. I didn't feel any different. No one I knew, not family or friends gave me any weird, crazy looks. I didn't feel crazy. I felt like I had stumbled upon something wonderful, a secret few knew about and even fewer had the pleasure of experiencing.
I've practiced this and practiced and practiced. Over and over again every single day to the point where I can do it ANYTIME I want to now. I have communicated with a few guides and, no I have not met any "negative" spirits or demons, but that is mostly because I don't believe in them and in not believing them they are not welcome and in not welcoming them I am completely safe.
As for my good guides, I have asked them a few times to give me hints that they are real (because I am human and doubt does creep in) and while I knew with every fiber of my being they were standing next to me I still have to have confirmation every once in a while. They will tell me something small, something I can remember and connect with later. For instance, one guide came to me and said "Alarm at incest."
"Alarm at incest?" I asked, "What does that mean?"
He left and I awoke. I was confused but went about my day pushing what he said to the back of my mind thinking I heard it wrong.
When my husband came home he showed me a video of blinded high school students. They were lined up and didn't know what they were getting. With the blindfold on, their parents began to make out with them. Yes, you heard me. Tongue and all. I don't know where this was or why they did it but I felt sick to my stomach after I watched the video. After the initial shock of that video left I remembered what my guide told me, "Alarm at incest."
I was most definitely "alarmed".
Alarm turned into excitement when I remembered and made the connection. He had literally told me something that made a real connection. I needed something that shocking to convince me. And I thought it was pretty cool he had predicted the future and he told me about it.
Needless to say I haven't asked for any more confirmation since. Ask and you shall receive I guess. Haha.
Anyways, my advice to you is just go with it. Don't be afraid. Once you're in that state, your body vibrating, remember you are in control. Say the words, "I am safe. Go." In your head and see where they take you. They do not want to hurt you. They love you and they miss you.
I hope this helps. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Aug 2013 14:19

Indigo1983 wrote:Hello again,

Here's something quite interesting that happens to me several times (and a lot, actually).
Before falling asleep, I feel like my body is vibrating. It is so weird, cause I don't move at this moment.

The buzzing and the vibration means your astral body is getting ready to astrally project. Dont be scared of it, we all astral project from our bodies each night when we are asleep anyway. The only difference in your case is that you may end up doing it consciously and be able to hopefully enjoy it.

I always put a black tourmaline at my feet to avoid attacks. Before falling asleep, I always think and say to myself "tonight, I'm travelling to a light sphere, I won't go into darkness".

How confusing for your astral body. You are doing an affirmation to leave your body and yet you are using a crystal to ground you into the physical body. You must be sending parts of yourself into some conflict by doing that. Work out what you want to do.. do you want to "travel to a light sphere" or are you trying to stay in your body as much as you are able to?

I suggest to remove that tourmaline and work on getting over your fear and try to go to the place you wish to go (higher place of light). Allow those vibrations to intensify and they should fling you out. You may be depriving yourself of an amazing experience right now due to fear. Here's one I suggest hold the thought of going to a place called The Halls of Amenti :D . I had quite a wow experience there and got a gift given to me while there. or just keep in mind your original affirmation which too should take you into a higher plane.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:55

This has happened to me and I believe it's quite normal.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”