I think I was lucid!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Feylix

I think I was lucid!

Postby Feylix » 09 Aug 2013 12:26

Had a long dream tonight, the one with the most detail I have remembered since I started exactly a month ago.

The level of action and unusual activity was as low as always (I envy people who dream about exciting stuff, I usually dream of random, realistic things).

I was standing atop of a cliff when suddenly, another mountain blew up, rocks flying everywhere. I immediately found this unrealistic, so I counted my fingers, and there was 7 or 8.

Then I closed my eyes, thinking "do not wake up, don't get excited".

I opened my eyes, and I was awake. I didn't have time to get excited even.

So my lucidity lasted 2-3 seconds.

Immediately after I awoke, I felt like I weren't lucid, I was just thinking very complexly. So I'm not 100% sure, but it sure gave me a little boost to my hopes :)

Vonozar

Re: I think I was lucid!

Postby Vonozar » 09 Aug 2013 21:57

You knew you were dreaming, so yes you were lucud. Congrats! :) Don't close your eyes next time, for a lot of people (not everyone but quite a few) this wakes you up. But good job! :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Aug 2013 06:44

Great effort, getting lucid is a good start, staying lucid is the next goal so keep at it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Aug 2013 15:50

congrats

Try next time to immediately focus on your surroundings.. as other said, its often better to not close eyes.

During a LD it doesnt matter if you dream of random, realistic things cause if LD one can often change things eg jump off a cliff or fly from there.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Feylix

Postby Feylix » 13 Aug 2013 17:59

taniaaust1 wrote:congrats

Try next time to immediately focus on your surroundings.. as other said, its often better to not close eyes.

During a LD it doesnt matter if you dream of random, realistic things cause if LD one can often change things eg jump off a cliff or fly from there.

Point was, my brain realized something was scetchy, which probably was the reason why I did an reality check.

When/If I become lucid the next time, it will certainly not be about something realistic. Mark my words, haha :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 01:18

Feylix wrote:When/If I become lucid the next time, it will certainly not be about something realistic. Mark my words, haha :D

Make sure you have got 2 or 3 clear LD goals you want to do next time you find yourself in a LD, that too can help one to stay in one. Stopping and having to "think" too much about what you want to do, can also make one loose a LD if one isnt in it deep.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:06

Ah man, I envy you. I wish I could have realistic dreams about everyday stuff every once in a while.

Just being able to walk around my neighbourhood without having to worry about dogs with rabies or psycho car drivers would be great.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”