Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sterre Duiker

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sterre Duiker » 07 Aug 2013 19:27

Benjo1302 wrote:Hi I am new to lucidity i just found out about it.And the moment i heard about it it was familiar to me because i had similar experiances a few times before but i think i had what i saw people call semi-lucidity.Ok so my question is this i cant start trying to lucid dream because when i wake up...nothing....i remember nothing i dont know is this because i dont remember my dreams or i dont have them...I see people say they write down at least 1 dream in their dream journal each day but when i wake up in the morning i dont remember anything..And i never wake up in the middle of the night (because i sleep strongly) to remember what i was just dreaming about..Can you please help me to start dreaming more or to remember my dreams somehow..Because people say they dream and than wake up in like 4 or 5 am and i wake up in the morning 9 or 10 am so i dont remember them...Pls help i strongly want to try out the Lucid way of dreaming..I have been doing reality checks all day long but when i do them i dont seriously mean them i will have to work on that myself but first i have to get into one dream so i can than realize "I am dreaming" because of the reality check.Pls tell me what to do.ty :)

Just mentally convince your brain you need to remember those dreams. Sit down before you sleep and say "I will remember my dream" for a while. Works with me :)

joeboo

Postby joeboo » 08 Aug 2013 01:01

Sterre Duiker wrote:
joeboo wrote:Hi my name is Susan. Im very new to this & have a couple questions. For as long as i can remember i have always have had very real dreams. For the past couple of years ive been having dreams of my deceased dad. In my dream i will see him. Think he looks like my dad & then i say "wait your dead this isnt real." Thats lucid dream? Now mind you nothing specular happens.. but i just know its not real. 2nd question. In my dream i can have my arm killing me, i wake up & my arm really does hurt. I have a bad shoulder so if i sleep on it a certain way it will hurt. So is that just a common thing or is it different. I also have had a dream where i was shot in the head, & woke up with the pain is still there. Just trying to figure out where im at so i can know where im starting from. Also ive always beeb able to remember my dreams cuz they feel so real. Should i start a dream journal? Plus I've noticed that in my dreams if something bad is going to happen..car wreck. Slept late for work etc. I can just say " its a dream i have nothing to worry about "& the dream changes. I always thought multiple dreams a nite were uncommon but i always have multiple ones. I can also wake up from a dream then go to sleep the next day & focus & start up where i left off. Sorry its so long. All help is appreciated.

1.If you know it wasn't real you probably were lucid-even though you probably didn't keep it up for long.
2.Things that happen to your physical body can be inserted into your dreams. Your subconscious is just telling you that your should is in pain. You being shot in the head could either have been a headache, your boyfriend/girlfriend who accidentally hit you in bed, or it was all just mental pain.
3. I can't help you with that one.
4. Me too! :D Except I wake up or I fight the nightmare.
5. Its normal to have more than one dream.
6. Yeah I heard some people can do that without experience.
Sorry if its all a bit too confusing but its 2 in the morning and I have been trying to meditate the whole time (darn my ADD)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Benjo1302

Postby Benjo1302 » 08 Aug 2013 10:03

Sterre Duiker wrote:
Benjo1302 wrote:Hi I am new to lucidity i just found out about it.And the moment i heard about it it was familiar to me because i had similar experiances a few times before but i think i had what i saw people call semi-lucidity.Ok so my question is this i cant start trying to lucid dream because when i wake up...nothing....i remember nothing i dont know is this because i dont remember my dreams or i dont have them...I see people say they write down at least 1 dream in their dream journal each day but when i wake up in the morning i dont remember anything..And i never wake up in the middle of the night (because i sleep strongly) to remember what i was just dreaming about..Can you please help me to start dreaming more or to remember my dreams somehow..Because people say they dream and than wake up in like 4 or 5 am and i wake up in the morning 9 or 10 am so i dont remember them...Pls help i strongly want to try out the Lucid way of dreaming..I have been doing reality checks all day long but when i do them i dont seriously mean them i will have to work on that myself but first i have to get into one dream so i can than realize "I am dreaming" because of the reality check.Pls tell me what to do.ty :)

Just mentally convince your brain you need to remember those dreams. Sit down before you sleep and say "I will remember my dream" for a while. Works with me :)

I read that somewhere else too and i tryed it tonight and it worked i remembered 2 dreams and wrote them in my dream journal...thx m8 :) now i have to work on my reality cheks i guess because in my dream i never looked at my hands or oppened a door so i am unsure how will i ever get lucid in such dreams :( can you give me some advice

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 08 Aug 2013 10:17

Benjo1302 wrote:
Sterre Duiker wrote:

I read that somewhere else too and i tryed it tonight and it worked i remembered 2 dreams and wrote them in my dream journal...thx m8 :) now i have to work on my reality cheks i guess because in my dream i never looked at my hands or oppened a door so i am unsure how will i ever get lucid in such dreams :( can you give me some advice

Put a sticky note on daily things you use, such as doors, with "Are you dreaming?" written on them. Or if your thinking of something/someone alot remind yourself that whenever you think that, do a reality check.

Benjo1302

Postby Benjo1302 » 08 Aug 2013 10:55

I have a new question when performing reality checks how do i do them for example if i try to push my finger through my hand do i press them hard or not do i hold it like that for 1 sec or 1 minute do i say "am i dreaming" while performing the reality check or no or does any of this thing matter?

Maranda

Postby Maranda » 13 Aug 2013 05:11

So, I am very interested! But I read something that got me to thinking. Someone mentioned something about wanting to wake up so they had to yell "WAKE UP" . Does this mean if an alarm clock were ot go off I wouldn't stop dreaming and wake up regularly like on a normal basis?

Maranda

Postby Maranda » 13 Aug 2013 05:13

Another thing. I know we all dream every night yet we just don't remember it sometimes. But I never ever remember mine. The last one I remember having was two or three months ago. Does this mean it is going to be harder for me to engage myself in the process of Lucid Dreaming? Or will it effect me in any way..?

Aldo98

Postby Aldo98 » 13 Aug 2013 05:57

Maranda wrote:Another thing. I know we all dream every night yet we just don't remember it sometimes. But I never ever remember mine. The last one I remember having was two or three months ago. Does this mean it is going to be harder for me to engage myself in the process of Lucid Dreaming? Or will it effect me in any way..?

About the thing you said with the alarm clock: yes, if you put an alarm you'll wake up from a lucid dream as much as you'd wake up from a normal dream, lucid dreams are just normal dreams in where you are conscious, after all, so why would it be any different?

As with the dream recall questions: it might be a little harder for you in a sense that if you get a lucid dream, you probably won't remember it. So you'll have to work on your dream recall by having a dream journal and doing MILD and excersices of the like.

if you want more information on improving your dream recall you should search on the world of lucid dreaming website or the forum or maybe even google it if you're not satisfied with what you find here.

Just remember that you'll get there eventually if you have the motivation to do so, so never give up! I you do this you'll have and LD in no time.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 13 Aug 2013 14:00

Sterre Duiker wrote:I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which means I can't concentrate. I have only now come to know-after a year of dreaming fatalities-that it was the one reason why maintaining lucidity was so hard for me. I get lucid a lot - except forget about it 1 sec to 5 min later. :evil:
Does someone have any ideas for me? Help extremely EXTREMELY appreciated!
BTW I only get lucid when I try to fly-which has become instinct when I dream-and fail. When I don't fail I remain non lucid. (???)
And when I have nightmares, I scream that this is a dream just to make it stop, but remain non-lucid. Example:
“I want to show you something” my sister said and immediately I knew it would be scary. A ghastly monster appeared. It had neon indigo blue skin with neon white cracks and drips - like avatar stripe things - all over it. Its mouth was a gaping hole and its eyes were a mixture of neon blue and white mixed together - no pupil, nothing. With arms out front, it came to get me. I was terrified. I tried to run through the pool of water inside the cave but knew it was hopeless. I splashed water at it helplessly. “You’re a dream, this is a dream, stop it! It’s a dream! It’s a dream! It’s a f*cking DREAM!” I screamed at it out of pure desperation. In one moment, the neon cracks, light, gaping hole for a mouth, and freaky eyes disappeared. It became a human-type girl, smaller than average people, with blue skin and black eyes.We became immediate friends.
Yeah I trick my dreams into thinking I'm lucid a lot.

Anyone? :cry:

Aldo98

Postby Aldo98 » 13 Aug 2013 16:57

Sterre Duiker wrote:
Sterre Duiker wrote:I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which means I can't concentrate. I have only now come to know-after a year of dreaming fatalities-that it was the one reason why maintaining lucidity was so hard for me. I get lucid a lot - except forget about it 1 sec to 5 min later. :evil:
Does someone have any ideas for me? Help extremely EXTREMELY appreciated!
BTW I only get lucid when I try to fly-which has become instinct when I dream-and fail. When I don't fail I remain non lucid. (???)
And when I have nightmares, I scream that this is a dream just to make it stop, but remain non-lucid. Example:
“I want to show you something” my sister said and immediately I knew it would be scary. A ghastly monster appeared. It had neon indigo blue skin with neon white cracks and drips - like avatar stripe things - all over it. Its mouth was a gaping hole and its eyes were a mixture of neon blue and white mixed together - no pupil, nothing. With arms out front, it came to get me. I was terrified. I tried to run through the pool of water inside the cave but knew it was hopeless. I splashed water at it helplessly. “You’re a dream, this is a dream, stop it! It’s a dream! It’s a dream! It’s a f*cking DREAM!” I screamed at it out of pure desperation. In one moment, the neon cracks, light, gaping hole for a mouth, and freaky eyes disappeared. It became a human-type girl, smaller than average people, with blue skin and black eyes.We became immediate friends.
Yeah I trick my dreams into thinking I'm lucid a lot.

Anyone? :cry:

I've never met anyone with ADD before, so I really don't know what can help you.

Do you have anything that helps you concentrate? A person or a thing? If so you could try summoning them into your LD and make them/it help you concentrate in the matter.

That's really all I can say because I don't know much about the ADD.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”