when shall i stop.?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

when shall i stop.?

Postby ThreeStarE » 16 Dec 2011 03:45

A million andd 2nd question of the night.
How long must I continue dream recall for.? I've only been doing it for 4 days, but not in impatientcy but curiosity, I was wondering, to what point can I start focusing on the lucid dreaming.?:o
*.*.* E
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

lucidinthe sky

Re: when shall i stop.?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Dec 2011 06:32

I think you will always have to work on recall, even advanced LDers do. It's the first step in continuum of going from no recall, to fuzzy recall, then recall with more detail, vivid dreams, semi-lucid, and lucid. For most of us, it's not very easy to skip right to lucid. The idea is to progressively build on your awareness until the awareness grows to the point of a lucid dream. Sometimes it takes along time. You will know you are progressing as things in your remembered dreams become more clear, sharp and real in the dreams. Like for me, most of time I still don't have lucid dreams, but almost all of my dreams are very real and I'm often semi-lucid. It's rare that I can't remember at least 2 dreams, usually more. But I never stop working on it. It's like learning a new language: practice, practice.

Don't get burned out trying too hard, take a break if you need, but keep at it and don't lose patience. You'll get there!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”