This Sucks and I Need Help!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ender_brine

This Sucks and I Need Help!

Postby Ender_brine » 11 Aug 2013 13:16

Okay guys so my mind is far to fast running to perform the WILD technique, so I've been trying the WBTB one instead. The first time I did it, it worked great, I had a LD. But lately, EVERYTIME I attempt it, I meet one huge issue: after I wake up 6 hours into sleep, and after I stay awake for 20 minutes, I CANNOT fall back asleep. I hate it! My brain won't STFU enough for me to fall back under. I've tried everything, so many sleep aids, but it will NOT work. Advice anyone???

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

deschainXIX

Re: This Sucks and I Need Help!

Postby deschainXIX » 11 Aug 2013 15:26

Okay, so the main reason you can't get back to bed is because you probably turn on the light. Do you?
You see, your eyes have photosensitive particles that, when exposed to light, send a signal to you somatic cycles and wake you up. Don't turn on the light. Just leave it off and walk around in the dark.
Well said.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 11 Aug 2013 23:22

If however, you keep the lights off and it doesn't work, wake up after 4.5 hours instead of 6.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 12 Aug 2013 05:28

Thank you so much! I will remember that. Bless your soul. I just, I get so angry whenever the WBTB doesn't work (I have some anger issues). I try everything to fall back asleep. I've even tried knocking myself unconscious…stupidest thing I've ever done.

I forgot to mention. I woke up last night to WBTB at around 4am, and I fell asleep finally around 5:30. What I discovered in the morning is that somehow had a side effect of 3 dreams, two of which were lucid, along with two of then being false awakenings. May have been the two B6, pills, I dunno. Anyway just thought I'd share that. Thanks :)

~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Aug 2013 15:57

Yeah last night I tried for the first time with B6. I took 2 vitamin B6's, but my dreams stayed perfectly the same ... dull and illogical. -____-
Well said.

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 14 Aug 2013 06:27

Yea that usually happens with me and the old B6. But that night was an odd exception…I need some Calea Z.

--Plutarch

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 14 Aug 2013 16:18

Oh sorry that post was meant somewhere else :lol: Not sure how I screwed that one up.
Well said.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”