My first LD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
saddogg2002

My first LD

Postby saddogg2002 » 12 Aug 2013 13:36

I was in a dream, non-lucid and I remember there being myself and two other people in a room.I dropped a purple pen an proceeded to stamp on it...it was at that moment I realised something wasn't quite right.

'This is a dream', I realised, but just to be certain I decided to slap the woman in front of me...thankfully my hand passed straight through her face.

That was it, I decided I was going to fly, began hovering around 1m off the ground, flew out of the door and took to the sky. I flew over the countryside, out to the coast, I could see the cliffs and the waves so vividly and feel the air rushing past me as I flew...

That was when I awoke.

I have had others since, and I always go flying, it's so much fun! Think I may try some other tricks next time though.

tea

Re: My first LD

Postby tea » 13 Aug 2013 08:49

awesome! nice to hear that you succeeded right at the beginning!

so that's your reality check? slap random people? xD

do you have any further plans what to do? i recommend you to do the "check your pockets" challange and then tell us what happened!
(in this challange you reach into your pockets and pull out whatever is inside. there are some nice stories right here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3541 and here http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3560)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

saddogg2002

Postby saddogg2002 » 13 Aug 2013 18:24

Haha, not usually slapping people, usually trying to fly is my reality check, though on occasion I have pushed my hand through a wall. I also remember once thinking I should check the time on my watch, but then remembered that I never wear a watch, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time and sure enough the time changed every time I looked. So that's one thing I've pulled from my pocket. Looking forward to seeing what else I can pull out of them, thanks!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 01:23

saddogg2002 wrote:Haha, not usually slapping people, usually trying to fly is my reality check, though on occasion I have pushed my hand through a wall. I also remember once thinking I should check the time on my watch, but then remembered that I never wear a watch, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time and sure enough the time changed every time I looked. So that's one thing I've pulled from my pocket. Looking forward to seeing what else I can pull out of them, thanks!

Seeing if you can fly or not as a reality check, is probably a quite bad reality check for a beginner as flying can so often fail in LDs for many. You are far better off doing check a clock or phone thing or trying to push your hand throu the wall
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 14 Aug 2013 03:00

taniaaust1 wrote:
saddogg2002 wrote:Haha, not usually slapping people, usually trying to fly is my reality check, though on occasion I have pushed my hand through a wall. I also remember once thinking I should check the time on my watch, but then remembered that I never wear a watch, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time and sure enough the time changed every time I looked. So that's one thing I've pulled from my pocket. Looking forward to seeing what else I can pull out of them, thanks!

Seeing if you can fly or not as a reality check, is probably a quite bad reality check for a beginner as flying can so often fail in LDs for many. You are far better off doing check a clock or phone thing or trying to push your hand throu the wall

I agree. Plus, if you're in the real world, in a public place, and you jump in the air and try to fly, you could get some strange looks. :lol:
Well said.

tea

Postby tea » 14 Aug 2013 12:15

deschainXIX wrote:I agree. Plus, if you're in the real world, in a public place, and you jump in the air and try to fly, you could get some strange looks. :lol:

hahaha jup.

and remember: do the checks consciously, REALLY question reality!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 01:05

deschainXIX wrote: if you're in the real world, in a public place, and you jump in the air and try to fly, you could get some strange looks. :lol:

Thou I cant fly in most of my dreams, I do occassionly do a reality check of jumping to try to touch the ceiling. I have actually tried that at times in a public place, in the public loos (but do make sure there isnt anyone in the stalls next to you as who knows what they would think if you started to jump up and down in the stall, it could be mistaken for someone trying to look into the loo next to you!!)

"What do you think you are doing trying to perve on me!"
"oh sorry, I was just hoping I was dreaming"

lol that could end up getting you locked in psych ward.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Aug 2013 01:21

I can't fly with success. I can float a bit or jump high, but I never soar without gravity coming back.
But I also have never passed my hand through somebody in the dream either. Good thing it wasn't MY dream cause that girl would have been slapped!

I wonder if there is a connection. Perhaps I have a hard time letting go of waking-physics when I am in the dream.... Mmmmmm......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”