Best lucid talk with a DC I've Had Yet

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
HAGART

Re: Best lucid talk with a DC I've Had Yet

Postby HAGART » 15 Aug 2013 00:48

Thanks for sharing that information about a 'simulacrum'. I never heard that word before. However I often use the word 'dream-body' sometimes. Sometimes I have one, sometimes I don't. In this dream I didn't have one. But I also got the impression that my constructed 'body' doesn't have to take a human form either and I can shed this mortal coil and become something else when I am 'there'.

taniaaust1 wrote:Are you sure the word was Bearka? I dont know why but bearka makes me think of the word Merkaba (Mer--KAR-BAH). Vibrations being put out by a Merkaba?? One can form a merkaba to raise vibrations.

I did ask how to spell it. I'll go into more detail of exactly how it happened. The word sounds like Berka. So I asked how it is spelled. (I do this sometimes in dreams just to make sure). I said, "So it's, B-E-R, and he stopped me and said, "No! It's B-E-A-R." And that was all. It could been Bearcca for I know, I got sidetracked. And it did remind me of Merkaba, something I am not familiar with, but it's in my subconscious somewhere and is fair game to appear in a dream. And actually my dog is named, Baron, and I call him BEAR. When I went to sleep at night he was laying beside my bed and it was comforting and I joked to myself that he would be my 'dream-catcher' and chase the bad dreams away. Just a passing thought that may have come back in the dream.

Others in the dream were trying to explain the importance of vibrations to me too. And once had an experience over a year ago, where I had a sort of sleep paralysis and then floated around my room. The whole time, I heard voices telling me about vibrations. Then they even started to argue with themselves and one said no, it's about the waves and let the waves carry you. No! Become vibrations! (stuff like that). I think that time, I had never read anything about it. But you never know. It could be one little thing I heard about 10 years ago and just comes back.

But I do think there is an element of truth to that. You know the expression, "I feel a good vibe." It's a way to describe how our feelings are a vibration and you can sense it. Music has good/bad vibes and make us feel certain ways. It's actually so simple and EVERYBODY knows it. It's not so mystical after all....

And oh yea, I looked up Boston Derby on the internet the next day, and there is a female roller derby association. (Of course you could look up ANYTHING on google and something would come up). I wish them well, but if there is a murder in the future, you heard it hear first. It involves a boat, water, and a Dorito Chip! I'm not making that up, that is what I saw on a small screen that the guy showed me in the dream. Further proof that it may just be a wonky dream after all.

Or maybe it was wonky because it was unstable and I didn't master my own vibrations.......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Aug 2013 00:56

vadajai wrote:Ive wondered the same thing in my dreaming if they are real or just my mind making them up.
so I've thought about testing it this way not sure if it would work but having a dream scape picked out and sharing it with a friend (someone who is a well lucid dreamer) and asking them to meet me there when we dream that night and see if they remember it the next day i think it might take a couple nights to get this to work if its even possible.

I thought of that too, and had no success. Maybe in twenty years......

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 02:48

HAGART wrote:Or maybe it was wonky because it was unstable and I didn't master my own vibrations.......

It's cause you are too distracted by the fish :lol:
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Aug 2013 02:59

Touché!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Oct 2013 02:26

HAGART wrote:It really makes me think about shared dreaming and astral planes. Or is my subconscious merely trying to tell me there is a higher level of lucid dreaming I have yet to master? Or is it just a strange dream and I happened to be mulling about such things, and it has no meaning at all unless I give it meaning?
It certainly FELT very powerful!

I am really interested in these lucid dreaming DCs ever since I accidentally discovered (twice) where they meet up. Please update me if you have more encounters with them or go to one of their parties (and they do have THE BEST parties) :) Thanks.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 01:45

Wow, it's great to see some really knowledgeable lucid dreamers. I must say I am very excited/intrigued by what you guys have been talking about here. (especially the post in the OP) I recall one time meeting a DC that was an old lady looking down on the sands of my beach near my home. As I walked by her I felt compelled to ask her what she stood for (one of the first times i've asked this question) and she looked up revealing this gruesome face to mutter, "prison.." Immediately afterward in the dream I ran away from her and tripped into the sand. I have yet to understand why I was so immediately frightened... so my question to you guys is, how does one accept their dreams for what they are and not fall prey to being frightened by such things? I feel like that could have been an awesome opportunity for an insightful discussion but instead I just got so scared for no damn reason.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 02:34

The Beach Boy wrote:instead I just got so scared for no damn reason.

You did have a reason. A good reason. I was creeped out a little just by reading it! :lol:

I tend to feel a heightened level of emotions in lucid dreams. If I feel good, I FEEL GREAT. If I feel scared, I AM TERRIFIED. Other times I am more neutral. I actually never really thought about it, but the more neutral feeling ones are more controllable.

It's not uncommon to be spooked by something in a lucid dream. The big misconception is that it's all fun and games and we can do anything, but sometimes they can get a little creepy and even terrifying. Things can catch us off guard. So it helps to control your emotions and be nonchalant.

:?: One last thing: I never heard 'OP' before and don't know what it stands for. :?:

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 06:06

Thanks for the genuine reply :). OP just means "original post" and refers to just that. And yeah I suppose I did have a reason to be scared but man I really wish I didn't have that fear. Often times I get a little apprehensive about being so willing to venture into the depths of my mind because I do have a fear of monsters and scary movie villains and such hahah. I sincerely want to be free of that fear though, my ultimate goal with this is to master lucid dreaming and be come completely in touch with my inner subconscious self. It's great to talk to people I can say this to and they don't say, "May the lord be with you dear son..."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Oct 2013 07:02

The Beach Boy wrote: I have yet to understand why I was so immediately frightened... so my question to you guys is, how does one accept their dreams for what they are and not fall prey to being frightened by such things? I feel like that could have been an awesome opportunity for an insightful discussion but instead I just got so scared for no damn reason.

It's hard to not run away from frightening things in dreams, but as they say "we can run, but we can't hide" and sooner or later whatever you run from will come back again until you deal with it. That's where lucid dreams can help you by allowing you to at least know that you can't be hurt by anything in a dream. Also trying to understand what the things you are running away from in a dream actually represent in your waking life. To do that though, you need to look at symbolic meaning of things in a dream not their face value.

Good luck and glad you are enjoying the forum.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 10:29

Thank you for the great response! And yes, I do enjoy the forum very much. This is the only place I am able to talk about my experiences with lucid dreams because there is literally no one in my town who does it that I know. I indeed should learn to face these things that scare me, but damn! In that particular dream, the second that woman looked at me I think I might instantly have lost my lucidity because I just lost all sense of control and sped the hell out.

Return to “Dream Characters”