Could not stabilize the dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Highlander

Could not stabilize the dream

Postby Highlander » 14 Aug 2013 16:52

Today I had two lucid dreams, but I will talk about the end of one of them, to tell you the experience in stabilizing the dream that did not work.

It's bright day and I'm talking to my brother about dreams. After I walk away from him, it starts to get dark. The sunset starts to get blurry. The buildings around me that were blue and yellow, they get red and black. The sky begins to darken. While i rub hands to stabilize the dream, I say:
-"I want clarity now, I want everything to be clear."
No results.
-"I will close my eyes. When i open them, I want to see everything clear."
I close. When I open, I see all gray and black and very blurred. Very blurry. I give up, saying:
- "F*ck!!! Okay, bye."
And i awake.

What did i do wrong? What could i have done to stabilize it?

deschainXIX

Re: Could not stabilize the dream

Postby deschainXIX » 14 Aug 2013 17:54

I stabilize my dreams by studying the walls and floors in close detail. Like a lie down and put my face up to it. Then I maybe rub it. A bit weird, but ... it works. Then maybe I rub a Dream Character's hands. Or ask the DC to make the dream clear.
Well said.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 14 Aug 2013 20:16

spin around while focusing on the dream. this will keep the dream going 96% of the time.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 00:47

Highlander wrote:Today I had two lucid dreams, but I will talk about the end of one of them, to tell you the experience in stabilizing the dream that did not work.

It's bright day and I'm talking to my brother about dreams. After I walk away from him, it starts to get dark. The sunset starts to get blurry. The buildings around me that were blue and yellow, they get red and black. The sky begins to darken. While i rub hands to stabilize the dream, I say:
-"I want clarity now, I want everything to be clear."
No results.
-"I will close my eyes. When i open them, I want to see everything clear."
I close. When I open, I see all gray and black and very blurred. Very blurry. I give up, saying:
- "F*ck!!! Okay, bye."
And i awake.

What did i do wrong? What could i have done to stabilize it?

The thing I see as you did wrong, is you gave up trying . Everything else you did was well worth at least trying so I dont see the other things as doing anything wrong, they just didnt work for you so you would of learnt that from trying them. Two fails in different dreams with something and I wont try it again as I know that way isnt for me. Each dream I see as an opportunity to hone more into what works for me and what doesnt.

The "I want clarity now!!" thing doesnt work at all for me either.

Closing my eyes, that's the worst thing I can do if Im trying to stabilize a dream (makes me sure to loose it, when you shut your eyes you are cutting back on one of the dream senses which can be helping hold you in it). You just need to KEEP TRYING, experimenting until you work out what works for you.

Getting annoyed cause things arent working, too is sure to make it harder to stabilize a dream. You need to remain calm.

I know Ive suggested this before but I'll suggest it again as this is something most often helps. Try to interact with your dream more, by interact, I mean USE YOUR SENSES MORE IN THE DREAM to help hold you in it better. Eg listen to what is in your dream with intent to see if you can hear new sounds there (only do this if this doesnt make sounds get so loud its unpleasant), see if you can smell anything in your dream, touch something in your dream ot if there is a DC around, see if it will touch you etc.

(I manifest my ex into my dream and ask him to touch me, to help hold me in a dream as moving myself when Im soo light into a LD can make me loose it). You need to try to take your mind off of "oh shit Im about to wake up".

When I open, I see all gray and black and very blurred. Very blurry

That need not have been a big deal (a deal enough to make you quit). When I enter dreams from a WILD that is often how some of my dreams start out. Focus on the shadows of the dream, the darker places where you "just know there is something there" which you cant right now currently see. Focus hard on that spot. Think of moving towards the thing, the shadows or dark patches may clarify into objects eg a big dark patch in a dream may become a shed you can go into or whatever. The most important thing is maintain a calm state.

The other thing which you can do (if the lack of sight is too annoying) is to ignore it and instead focus once on your other senses as I suggested before. What are you hearing in the dream? You could also try something like "what's in my pocket LD challenge" as one even if you cant see, you may be able to reach into your pocket and find out what is there. Get involved with the dream more deepening your state and the sight will naturally come in clear again. Dont stress.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tea

Postby tea » 15 Aug 2013 08:33

probably the easiest thing is to take a close look at something. if everything is blurry as sh't, just look at your hands. or expect someone behind you, turn around quickly and if there really is someone, examine them further, talk to them, etc

as taniaaust1 said: interact with the dream.

rubbing my hands together doesn't really work for me either. spinning around helps some people, others tend to wake up because they lose their connection to the dream.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”