How to fly and how to LD (easy tip)

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jackson

How to fly and how to LD (easy tip)

Postby Jackson » 08 Aug 2013 03:05

OK guys, I think I have stumbled upon a simple yet amazingly powerful ways to enter LD's with ease and an easy way to fly.

1-How to LD; Ok so this is something I made up. To do it you just essentially say to yourself as you fall asleep ",100- I'm aware and dreaming...NOW. 99- I'm aware and dreaming...NOW... and so on. It is just a slight variation on the technique mentioned in the "52 ways to LD" on Rebecca's site.

2-How to Fly; For this one you just basically look at the sky and say "THIS IS MY DREAM AND I CANFLY! Most of the time I simply teleport in to the sky and am flying. :)

Anyway, hope these tips help, but let it be known that no LDing technique is 100% fool-proof.
Happy dreaming! :D

taniaaust1

Re: How to fly and how to LD (easy tip)

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 01:14

Unfortunately neither of those things help me. I can count down from 500 and still not go into a LD with that method.

THIS IS MY DREAM AND I CAN FLY!

I think that is something which most who cant fly have certainly tried.

I had to smile when I saw in your title "easy tip".. how easy these things are is a quite individual thing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tea

Postby tea » 17 Aug 2013 20:19

just to add this to this topic: i once had problems with flying. after a few tries i got angry, looked up the sky and made a big movement with my arms - just as if i was swimming or trying to pull myself up. immediately i saw the stars come a little closer as i shot up into the air. when i looked down i found myself hundrets of meters over the city! from that height i had no problems flying around.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Aug 2013 23:12

Yea height is an issue with flying for me. If I start on the ground I can only go about 20-30 feet up or so before I fall back down. I also noticed if I look down I go down, and if I keep my attention upward I can go up. I even tried flapping my arms once and it worked. It was more like a jellyfish swimming through the air really and I felt ridiculous, but it worked. And it was strange that my arms actually grew tired.

One time I kept looked up as I floated higher and higher and I saw a building in the sky that was sideways. There was a balcony and as soon as I grabbed it and climbed on, my whole perspective changed and 'gravity' was now the floor of the balcony which was sideways only a moment ago. I was able to walk inside like normal and up was up and down was down again.

I think it is my perspective of 'gravity' that is stopping me and always pulling me back down to the ground.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

tea

Postby tea » 18 Aug 2013 09:40

HAGART wrote:One time I kept looked up as I floated higher and higher and I saw a building in the sky that was sideways. There was a balcony and as soon as I grabbed it and climbed on, my whole perspective changed and 'gravity' was now the floor of the balcony which was sideways only a moment ago. I was able to walk inside like normal and up was up and down was down again.

awesome! :D

i haven't played with gravity yet, that's something i really gotta try!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Aug 2013 10:30

If I came to in a LD and im very very high, I can then fly, I guess as then my brain starts thinking Im out of gravity or something.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Aug 2013 17:47

Me too.
If I am at 'airplane' level it is very easy to fly.

Here's something to try and play with in a LD.
Lay down and change your perspective of gravity. Think of 'Up' as now everything above your field of view from your perspective and 'Down' is below your feet. There should be a mental shift and gravity then becomes a force below you.
Then walk on the walls.
I almost did that once.

tea

Postby tea » 18 Aug 2013 19:46

HAGART, yeah... that sounds AWESOME! totally adding this to my list!

but what do you mean by 'almost'? what happened?

edit: added: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&p=16396#p16396

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Aug 2013 22:50

This happened over a year ago, and was only a small part of a lucid dream, but I still remember.
I was in a room similar to the house I live in.
I layed on the floor (forget why), and I just got the funny feeling that the wall ahead of me (below my feet) was down, and the ceiling ahead was not up, but simply in front of me. So the ceiling was now 'forward' and the wall beneath my feet was now 'below'. If I had traveled to the ceiling it would have felt like I was moving horizontally. It's actually not that hard to imagine since a lucid dream is an illusion. There is no real up or down is there? No matter what orientation you are in, 'UP' can be whatever is above your head and 'Down' is whatever is below, no matter what the visual queues are telling you.

Imagine a fun house, where it is flipped on it's side and you walk in and there is furniture on the wall to the right, and a chandelier on the left that sticks out rigidly. It would be a fun optical illusion that gives you mixed messages as you walk on the floor that has a window on it as though it were a wall.

So I felt my perspective change, but that was about it. And I started to see it as that fun house analogy. I didn't actually travel through it after that. And I probably woke up.

Now that I brought it up, I should try it again. You just need to flip your perspective somehow.
(I'll keep this on topic and say flying takes a perspective change too, in order to ignore 'gravity'; also an LD illusion)

charmingamy

Postby charmingamy » 06 Dec 2013 12:50

I tried flying for the first time today, but i only got to levitate a few meters of the ground.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”