>INCOMING COMMUNICATION<

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
GalaxyWanderer

>INCOMING COMMUNICATION<

Postby GalaxyWanderer » 16 Aug 2013 22:35

--Begin Transmission--

Hello there, I am GalaxyWanderer from the USA. I knew about lucid dreaming for half a year now, but it was only about 5 days ago that I learned just how incredible it could be to dream lucidly, and for the past 5 days I have been training myself to harness the skill of Lucid Dreaming. I have been keeping a dream journal next to my bed, and I have been doing spontaneous-to-the-point-of-habitual reality checks every day. I also have been using the WBTB, WILD, DILD, and MILD lucid dreaming methods with great success. However, I cannot really get the hang of meditation and self-hypnosis on account of my ADHD, so those methods ineffective to me. I also somehow managed to program my subconscious mind to wake me up at around 3-4 AM every morning since day 2(in all honesty, I STILL don't know how I programmed myself to do that, so I am just chalking it up to a mixture of luck and willpower). I had my first lucid dream experience on day 3, experiencing three vague LD's in a row with a WBTB at 3:30 AM, and just today(day 5) I had my first truly vivid LD when I was reminded to do a reality check halfway through a real vivid dream. The moment when I pinched my nose shut and still inhaled 4 times was one of the coolest moments ever for me. Umm... I don't know what else to say except hi!

--End Transmission--

AceOfSpades

Re: >INCOMING COMMUNICATION<

Postby AceOfSpades » 17 Aug 2013 05:33

For someone from the US Of A you make it sound as though you are from another universe.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Aug 2013 08:31

I think will power can play a big part in success for many.

Im glad you posted as too many think of LD as being probably hard which puts a block up there for them to overcome from the very start. As your post shows not all find it hard.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

GalaxyWanderer

Postby GalaxyWanderer » 17 Aug 2013 13:27

AceOfSpades wrote:For someone from the US Of A you make it sound as though you are from another universe.

That's my ADHD and imagination speaking. GalaxyWander is actually a name I use on spaceflight forums, since that entity commands the A.N.F. Enterprises Consolidated Fleets. It describes my mentality too.

Thank you, taniaaust1. And TBH there were two reasons I joined. One was because I wanted to join a LD community, and the other was because, while ghosting, I came across a beginner who seemed to be struggling where I wasn't, so my altruism kicked in.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Aug 2013 22:39

--- Message Received ---

--- New Incoming Transmission ---

Do you hear me? Over.
Hello, and welcome! Glad to hear the practices payed off. I have gotten lazy with it lately and need to start dream journaling and WBTB again. Because those practices certainly work. Perhaps you will be my inspiration. Over and out!

--- End Transmission ---
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

GalaxyWanderer

Postby GalaxyWanderer » 18 Aug 2013 15:03

HAGART wrote:Perhaps you will be my inspiration

Wow.... 3rd day here and already inspiring people? Cool. And thanks for the welcome HAGART!

GalaxyWanderer

Postby GalaxyWanderer » 18 Aug 2013 15:03

GalaxyWanderer wrote:
HAGART wrote:Perhaps you will be my inspiration

Wow.... 3rd day here and already inspiring people? Cool. And thanks for the welcome, HAGART!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”