My attempts to lucid dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
chuckeles

Re: My attempts to lucid dreams

Postby chuckeles » 17 Aug 2013 21:51

Thanks for the post, GalaxyWanderer! Now there's 2 issues I have :( . First off, when I wake up, I tend to find that I need some time to realize that I am not sleeping already and I shouldn't move. I'm working on this, but usually I move a couple of times and loose some precious details about my dream. Secondly, I can not naturally wake up in the night, so I can't really practice MILD or WILD. I can't use alarm either, because of my brother, hence the first post. Is there any technique to naturally wake up?

Also, I have this strange question. I am not a native english speaker, it is my second language. But I have read everything about lucid dreaming in english. Now I wonder in what language should I speak to my subconciosness :shock: . I mean, I understand english pretty well, but does my subconciosness as well? And our translation to "lucid" is quite strange...
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Aug 2013 10:12

chuckeles wrote: Also, I have this strange question. I am not a native english speaker, it is my second language. But I have read everything about lucid dreaming in english. Now I wonder in what language should I speak to my subconciosness :shock: . I mean, I understand english pretty well, but does my subconciosness as well? And our translation to "lucid" is quite strange...

That is a quite original question, one I havent heard before :) Your subconciousness wouldnt care what language you speak to it, your thoughts and what you want to achieve, go beyond the language you are using to speak to it in.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

GalaxyWanderer

Postby GalaxyWanderer » 18 Aug 2013 14:58

chuckeles wrote:Thanks for the post, GalaxyWanderer! Now there's 2 issues I have :( . First off, when I wake up, I tend to find that I need some time to realize that I am not sleeping already and I shouldn't move. I'm working on this, but usually I move a couple of times and loose some precious details about my dream. Secondly, I can not naturally wake up in the night, so I can't really practice MILD or WILD. I can't use alarm either, because of my brother, hence the first post. Is there any technique to naturally wake up?

Also, I have this strange question. I am not a native english speaker, it is my second language. But I have read everything about lucid dreaming in english. Now I wonder in what language should I speak to my subconciosness :shock: . I mean, I understand english pretty well, but does my subconciosness as well? And our translation to "lucid" is quite strange...

Hmm..... you say that you lose a few details about your dreams. That is actually normal. The thing is, you don't actually FORGET them, and this is proven by the fact that you know they existed in the first place. What I notice is that your brain immediately focuses on the most important/interesting areas of the dreams, and the smaller details fill in later. Try writing down what you remember of the dream, leaving some space for the "forgotten" details. When you are done writing, do NOT put the journal away. Instead, keep yourself ready to write and replay the dream a few times in your mind. With luck, you will start remembering more details about it that you did not write down on the first try.
In addition, do you have a cellphone or Ipod touch/Ipad? Those devices have alarms that you can set. Try setting an alarm on one of them and then wearing headphones while you sleep.

P.S.: What is your native language? It may be a long shot, but maybe I could find a way to explain myself in your language which may help your subconscious get the message.

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 18 Aug 2013 15:33

This morning I woke up and couldn't remember anything from my dream. I knew I had one, I have just forgotten it. So I didn't move and thought hardly about that dream. After a while, the dream returned. I could suddenly recall my whole dream! That was cool experience :D .

Now that I'm thinking about it, I actually think that I usually remember everything I can about a dream. I mean, maybe those details that I search for weren't even there, because it's a dream, so you don't need every possible detail, do you?

And I'm from Slovakia. :P
Do a reality check.

GalaxyWanderer

Postby GalaxyWanderer » 18 Aug 2013 15:38

You don't, but it helps. By pressing your mind to hold on to even the tiniest detail of your dreams, it helps it improve overall dream recall.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2013 01:18

chuckeles wrote:This morning I woke up and couldn't remember anything from my dream. I knew I had one, I have just forgotten it. So I didn't move and thought hardly about that dream. After a while, the dream returned. I could suddenly recall my whole dream! That was cool experience :D .

Now that I'm thinking about it, I actually think that I usually remember everything I can about a dream. I mean, maybe those details that I search for weren't even there, because it's a dream, so you don't need every possible detail, do you?

And I'm from Slovakia. :P

Sometimes dreams can be confusing to remember due to **dream jumps** , one can suddenly go from one place, to something else quite different the next moment without lead up to the next moment.. all of a sudden you are doing something different in a different place with different people near you (thou often something from the previous dream scene will come wiht you).

I can get up to 4-5 different dream jumps during a dream (fortunately I often very clearly remember dreams so its clear I havent missed dream parts).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 19 Aug 2013 15:46

taniaaust1 wrote:dream jumps

I didn't know about that. :o That actually explains a lot of weird stuff in my dreams! Thank you for that information.
Do a reality check.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 19 Aug 2013 19:01

You will find language does not matter in your dreams. In certain dreams you could dream in your home language or English, in others in both. With time it will be quite normal. Enjoy :)

Return to “For Beginners”