Proof That The Human Soul Exists (FredTracy.com)

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Proof That The Human Soul Exists (FredTracy.com)

Postby Rebecca » 12 May 2011 06:47

I just read this article by a very compelling blogger named Fred Tracy:

http://www.fredtracy.com/proof-that-the-human-soul-exists/

As he says in his article, this does not prove anything for YOU or ME, but for his own experience it's a pretty cool journey, wherever it leads him.

I'm also keen to learn more about astral projection. I don't know what it is, though I know it shares similarities with lucid dreaming, but I don't think the states of consciousness are identical by any means.

Interested to learn more....

Jonathan

Re: Proof That The Human Soul Exists (FredTracy.com)

Postby Jonathan » 12 May 2011 21:39

Hmmm. I found the article a little hard to follow. It sounds to me like could have been having a very vivid dream. Or maybe something else! Cool, nonetheless.

I haven't read much about astral projection but it sounds simple enough to verify. I talked to a lucid dreamer online that went to his friend's house in his lucid dream. In his friend's house, he found a book about whales on her nightstand next to her bed. Later on they had lunch together (in normal awake reality) and he told her about the dream. Turns out she was not reading a book about whales, but there was a chapter or section in the book that used whales as some type of metaphor or short story, and she had just recently read that section.

So, that's either a confirmation, or an interesting coincidence. I mean, how many random books out there talk about whales? But anyway, stuff like this is how we can confirm these amazing experiences to ourselves, if one is interested in doing that.

livie12

Postby livie12 » 17 May 2011 23:37

i also found this hard to follow. but if you have seen insidious, do you get what he means by how it relates to that? i have seen commercials for it and refuse to see it at my will. so i need UPDATES! thanks~!
Livie....:)

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 03:41

Theres no hard evidence fo sho, but like Laberge has shown pretty compelling evidence about lucid dreaming, yet that doesn't mean this arguement is invaild, as it cannot be disputed as well...
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 19 May 2011 04:43

I could never understand how anyone would disbelieve in lucid dreaming. It's just the act of becoming conscious while within a dream. Many people have done this by accident. If anyone denies the existence of lucid dreaming, they ought to go ahead and deny the existence of dreams in general. :roll:

Seto_Blade

Postby Seto_Blade » 06 Jun 2011 18:50

Amen, brother.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 15 Dec 2011 07:29

Jonathan wrote:I could never understand how anyone would disbelieve in lucid dreaming. It's just the act of becoming conscious while within a dream. Many people have done this by accident. If anyone denies the existence of lucid dreaming, they ought to go ahead and deny the existence of dreams in general. :roll:

The existence of lucid dreams was denied by mainstream science, if one want to call a soft social science like psychology a science at all for decades. It was all "a trick of the mind" just like OBE :shock:
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Dec 2011 23:56

Astral Projection is merely a belief-centric term. It is very likely that people out there are having WILDs (with the illusion of separating from the body) and believing them to be trips to the so-called astral plane.

I'm sorry guys but I don't buy into the idea of Astral Projection. Also, I've had such experiences where I visit people in their houses and there have been some pretty interesting confirmations. But, if one knows about the nature of coincidences, one realises they are nothing but exactly that. The universe is in fact one big coincidence!
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 17 Dec 2011 14:24

In his first book, Voyages Into The Unknown, Bruce Moen describes many cases of astral projection where he met with another person for various activities and exploration in some sort of other space.

Bruce especially wanted to collect verifiable data during his excursions because he wanted to cease any doubt in his own mind about the validity of his experiences, so during this time he kept a detailed journal and, independently, so did the other person.

After most of these experiences he would contact the other person and they would compare notes. There are many, many examples where their detailed accounts of the activities, including names and physical descriptions of people and places are precisely the same.

There are several other examples where he discovers physical world information that is otherwise unknown to him.

If you read these accounts, I think most would find that except for only the most ardent skeptic, one would have a very hard time judging these experiences as coincidence.

I sympathise with those would would like 100% verifiable proof, but when dealing with this sort of thing you will never get a video of the event. And even if you did, it could have been faked. Corroborating stories and discovering unknowable facts is as good as it's going to get I think.

If person A points a gun at person B and pulls the trigger and a minute later person B is found dead with a gunshot wound. Perhaps A didn't do it. It is just a coincidence. After-all, can you prove that person A didn't miss, and perhaps some unknown person C actually did the deed? Improbable but possible. But how many of these improbable events need to stack up one after the other until the body of evidence is beyond way coincidence?

From there everyone needs to make their own judgement.

My point here is simply to let the forum readers know there are definitely a multitude of published AP accounts which for many people are way beyond coincidence.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Dec 2011 02:07

The best way to find out if something is real is to experience it, there's simply no substitute. Otherwise it's all theory and how the heck are you going to "prove" this stuff? I wish I could take people to the places I've experienced in Lds, but you can't.

At first, I didn't really believe in lucid dreams and was skeptical that lucid dreams could be "real" (whatever the heck that means). I even told characters in dreams that I was 100% certain I was not dreaming even after they told me I was! I told them I wasn't and that I could certainly tell the difference.

You could tell someone in waking life about how real a lucid dream is until your blue in the face, but only when they experience it themselves will they really know what you're talking about.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Paranormal Activity”