Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
User avatar
Creator
Posts: 80
Joined: 19 Aug 2013 16:21
Location: Canada

Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby Creator » 19 Aug 2013 16:26

This might be a long one, but....

I've always wanted to lucid dream, right? But there is one thing.... I keep having this stupid thought.
The thought is, when I enter a lucid dream, what if I accidentally summon something I don't want? EX: Something scary, for example.... My mind randomly says "Summon exorcist"... And it appears and scares me, and I might even wake up! What do I do? How can I stop that?

I really want to lucid dream, but I don't want to summon random crap I don't like... Help....
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 442
Joined: 14 Mar 2013 00:31
Location: Portugal

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby Highlander » 19 Aug 2013 17:35

I don't believe you will dream of something scary just by saying randomly that word. There are days that i'm concentrating on something to happen in the dream, over and over again until i sleep and even with this constant thinking and concentratation, nothing of what i thought appeared in the dream. So, don't be afraid of that.
On the other hand, this could be great for you to conquer this fear of yours. If an exorcist shows up, you know you're dreaming and you can talk to him or ignore him.

User avatar
Creator
Posts: 80
Joined: 19 Aug 2013 16:21
Location: Canada

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby Creator » 19 Aug 2013 18:35

Highlander wrote:I don't believe you will dream of something scary just by saying randomly that word. There are days that i'm concentrating on something to happen in the dream, over and over again until i sleep and even with this constant thinking and concentratation, nothing of what i thought appeared in the dream. So, don't be afraid of that.
On the other hand, this could be great for you to conquer this fear of yours. If an exorcist shows up, you know you're dreaming and you can talk to him or ignore him.

i see... i've already conquered the fear of jeff the killer, when i see the picture, i smile xD

i see what you mean, thanks alot. :o
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3182
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby HAGART » 19 Aug 2013 22:20

This is a good question, and I can see how some people would get the impression that every thought comes to life in a lucid dream.

But you can still think in a lucid dream and have nothing appear.
The things you meet and see there tend to come from the subconscious and are new to me in the dream when I see them. (How did THAT get there? I didn't will it there.)

So you don't have to worry about EVERY stray thought you have manifesting itself. However a strong DESIRE for something may alter the dream, which is more than a passing thought, but a feeling. (And that doesn't always work either).

If you watch The Exorcist before going to sleep that may then influence the dream, but only because of your subconscious. (I dream of TV and movies that I watch before bed all the time, so I like to stay away from those scary ones).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
Creator
Posts: 80
Joined: 19 Aug 2013 16:21
Location: Canada

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby Creator » 19 Aug 2013 22:26

HAGART wrote:This is a good question, and I can see how some people would get the impression that every thought comes to life in a lucid dream.

But you can still think in a lucid dream and have nothing appear.
The things you meet and see there tend to come from the subconscious and are new to me in the dream when I see them. (How did THAT get there? I didn't will it there.)

So you don't have to worry about EVERY stray thought you have manifesting itself. However a strong DESIRE for something may alter the dream, which is more than a passing thought, but a feeling. (And that doesn't always work either).

If you watch The Exorcist before going to sleep that may then influence the dream, but only because of your subconscious. (I dream of TV and movies that I watch before bed all the time, so I like to stay away from those scary ones).

uh.. okay, thanks. ^^

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby deschainXIX » 19 Aug 2013 23:17

Exorcists are people who are trained in dispelling demons from people who are possessed by them. Why would you be scared of an Exorcist?
Well said.

User avatar
Creator
Posts: 80
Joined: 19 Aug 2013 16:21
Location: Canada

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby Creator » 19 Aug 2013 23:43

deschainXIX wrote:Exorcists are people who are trained in dispelling demons from people who are possessed by them. Why would you be scared of an Exorcist?

oh.. uh, google "exorcist" and click images...

i-it's that scary girl with the messed up face. :(
i can't even look at it. :(

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2013 23:51

HAGART wrote:The things you meet and see there tend to come from the subconscious and are new to me in the dream when I see them. (How did THAT get there? I didn't will it there.)


Ones thoughts are often affecting LDs more then people realise, people often miss the connection to what has appeared to their thought due to not understanding symbolism expression well. eg you may be thinking of something or having a feeling but the symbolism for what you are thinking or feeling could express itself in an entirely different way (it has its own language and not your waking consciousnesses one so often responds to your waking thoughts in its own language), so that connection of what has appeared to the thought is missed eg how did THAT get there?

There is also a lot of word association stuff which can go on with thoughts too. You think something but your subconciousness relates that thought to something else.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 20 Aug 2013 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Aug 2013 00:00

Creator wrote:This might be a long one, but....

I've always wanted to lucid dream, right? But there is one thing.... I keep having this stupid thought.
The thought is, when I enter a lucid dream, what if I accidentally summon something I don't want? EX: Something scary, for example.... My mind randomly says "Summon exorcist"... And it appears and scares me, and I might even wake up! What do I do? How can I stop that?

I really want to lucid dream, but I don't want to summon random crap I don't like... Help....


Fear is a powerful emotion and carries strong power to manifest something into a LD. Think of fear as being a "charged up" thought. The more "charge" you are giving it, the more likely it will be to manifest.

If something scary appears and providing you dont have a phobia of that thing, it should actually be quite simple to deal with if you keep in mind "this is only a dream and hence I can be in control here, this is MY world". If you stay aware and feel like you are in control due to it being your dream, you are more likely to have your waking conscious self in the control seat and not your subconciousness expressions. You can try to do something like change whatever is scaring you into something which doesnt scare you. I once changed a very scary demon (I was scared of his glowing red eyes and the evilness I felt) into a young innocent not at all scary boy.

Note: if you have something scary in your dream and you run from it, that is the worst thing you can do as you are feeding the idea that the thing can hurt you in some way, so just making that dream creation more powerful and yourself feel weaker. Always try to face what you fear in your LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Weird Problem..... (PLEASE READ)

Postby deschainXIX » 20 Aug 2013 02:11

Creator wrote:
deschainXIX wrote:Exorcists are people who are trained in dispelling demons from people who are possessed by them. Why would you be scared of an Exorcist?

oh.. uh, google "exorcist" and click images...

i-it's that scary girl with the messed up face. :(
i can't even look at it. :(


Yeah that's the girl who's being possessed from the movie "the Exorcist." *facepalm* :roll: As for my response, I'll give this quick comment.
In lucid dreams ... your awareness is different from reality. You feel ... free and powerful. That's how I describe lucid dreams. Absolute freedom and absolute power. Its my favorite part of LDing. That feeling. I have never once been scared in a lucid dream. So don't worry about it! (:
Well said.


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests