Did some progress and i have questions

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Highlander

Did some progress and i have questions

Postby Highlander » 18 Aug 2013 13:29

In today's lucid dream, i made some progress and then I have some questions for you.

I'm in a large space within a building that looks like a school. It's full of students. I have to pee. I find a wc. When I enter, the doorway is suddenly like 2 feet wide. I try to enter but i almost get stuck. I become lucid, go back and say:
-"Wait a minute. An entrance so narrow? I will not force myself to enter. I'm dreaming. I can change this."
I focus on increasing the entrance width and it happens easily.
After using the toilet, I am again in the midst of students but I'm not wearing pants, but I think:
- "This is a dream. I do not care. They can laugh at me if they want it too."
No one does, I feel fine and I get all dressed up.
While in the crowd, I say:
- "If someone has something important to tell me, a secret, tell me."
I look at the people and there is one that passes in front of me, looking sideways and tells so that no one notices:
- "Get the picture. Get the job."
I go closer to him and ask:
- "What?"
And he:
- "Get the job!"
It looks like he is taking some risk saying that. I pat him on the back to thank him and I leave.
Again I ask the same thing and see another one passing in front of me and leans over a balcony and says:
- "Get the job interview. Get the job."
I also thank him and leave.

My thoughts on this part of the dream:
-One of the progress that i made was to not allow the obstacle of the 2 feet wc entry stop me from continuing. It happened to me in other dreams, to not get into a place by the small entry, and getting stuck. Here, I was calm, and knowing it's a dream, I changed this obstacle.

-Another improvement was the fact that I did not get embarrassed about being without pants in the crowd. Knowing that it is a dream, I did not care about my appearance or with the opinions of others.

-A curiosity was that i'm portuguese, i dream in portuguese and the characters spoke to me in English. I do not know why.

-The most curious part was what they said. "Get the job." I already have a job. I'm not so happy with the job, but I'm not looking for one. Was this a warning for what could happen in the future?

What I want to ask you is:

1-Did some dream character tell you something that you've seen it happen afterwards?

2-Did you follow any advice of a dream character in the dream? What happened?

taniaaust1

Re: Did some progress and i have questions

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2013 00:34

Glad to hear that your efforts you are putting into things are paying off and you are having progress.

The other thing which could of been controlled was the sensation of needing to go to the toilet in the dream.

The classical dream symbolism of no pants :)

While in the crowd, I say:
- "If someone has something important to tell me, a secret, tell me."

That sounds fun, I think Id love watching out to see how fast I can spot a DC trying to sneak up, unseen by the others, to me. I'll have to ask that some time. There is soo many things on my "want to do list".

1-Did some dream character tell you something that you've seen it happen afterwards?

Yes Ive had that happen but not during a LD, its possible thou.

2-Did you follow any advice of a dream character in the dream? What happened?

No I havent done so and probably wouldnt unless I had the strong inner knowing feel I get about things in real life too which helps me to know if something is really going to happen or not. Thou I must say if a dream is giving out a warning and that message was there in multiple different ways (not just by a DC telling me something) confirming that I understood the symbolism right, I would then pay heed.

but yeah, it is something to think over him saying what he did. You could try to induce a dream to help explain this one more.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tea

Re: Did some progress and i have questions

Postby tea » 19 Aug 2013 23:51

first off: awesome! love to see when people achieve new things!

Highlander wrote:-Another improvement was the fact that I did not get embarrassed about being without pants in the crowd. Knowing that it is a dream, I did not care about my appearance or with the opinions of others.

a while ago i had a LD in which i was on a public street with just a t-shirt and my boxers on (do you guys call them boxers too, do you know what i mean?). however, i had no problem with it. i guess as long as you know that it's a dream, this really won't bother you. i'd love to hear if someone experienced it differently.

Highlander wrote:The most curious part was what they said. "Get the job." I already have a job. I'm not so happy with the job, but I'm not looking for one. Was this a warning for what could happen in the future?

although i believe that everything is possible, i really don't think that future predictions are likely to happen in dreams. there is just so much subconscious and other stuff going on, that something like that would - in my opinion - appear a little differently. anyway, don't take my word for it - do what feels right to you!

oh and by the way, i liked the "tell me a secret" idea... so i added it to my list:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&p=16396#p16396
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”