how to increase daydream vividness

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
amy

how to increase daydream vividness

Postby amy » 19 Aug 2013 14:57

There was recently a topic posted on here and one of the members was saying how they had vivid daydreams. Now I'm wondering, is there a way to make daydreams more vivid? Because I daydream a lot but they're nothing special.:P I know its all about the imagination, but I was just thinking that if I could get my daydreams more vivid that maybe I'd have an easier time with lucid dreaming,

[ Post made via Android ] Image

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Re: how to increase daydream vividness

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 19 Aug 2013 15:32

i wouldnt know how to make it more vivid but think of daydreams like this. a normal dream is a dream made by your subconcience however you spell it. a lucid dream is partally your subconciens and partly your aware self. now day dreams. i think there dreams created by your aware self and nothing elas :)

Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

tea

Postby tea » 19 Aug 2013 23:32

... which doesn't mean that they can't be more vivid!

but sorry, at the moment i really can't add much ideas to this topic. the only thing that immediately popped up was intensifying your fantasy and learning to become an observer of your mind (which you already are - you just need to practice it). hint: meditation! :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Aug 2013 00:14

NOCOOKIEFORYOU wrote:i wouldnt know how to make it more vivid but think of daydreams like this. a normal dream is a dream made by your subconcience however you spell it. a lucid dream is partally your subconciens and partly your aware self. now day dreams. i think there dreams created by your aware self and nothing elas :)

You may be confusing daydreams with what is called visualization. Visualization is when someone "imagines" something with their waking self mind and hence then sees and experiences it. Daydreaming is a subconciousness act. Its no different to how ones mind starts dreaming at night with the subconciousness expressing itself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Aug 2013 00:20

Amy most people would find daydreams extremely hard to work with as the moment you focus on them hence bringing more waking awarness into them, you are very likely to loose them. The fact you arent in a sleep state would make it so much harder to work with them then if one is in a LD. I tend to use my daydreams for just symbolism and getting messages throu that. Just like I write down all my dreams and deciper them, I do the same with my daydreams too. They can be useful for learning about your dream symbolism as one is often aware of the very last thing they were thinking before they went into the daydream.

One can also use daydreaming as like an entry technique to a LD (something I do at times if I want to have a LD in the middle of the day). You will need to be laying down if you want to do that or you will have to much awareness on your physical body to be able to go from daydream to LD.

Quite possibly some of the supplements which help some with LD could also trigger more vivid daydreams.

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 20 Aug 2013 14:48

from what amy said i am now confused. what is a daydream.

Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 20 Aug 2013 16:06

NOCOOKIEFORYOU wrote:from what amy said i am now confused. what is a daydream.

day·dream
/ˈdāˌdrēm/
Noun
A series of pleasant thoughts that distract one's attention from the present.
Verb
Indulge in such a series of thoughts.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Aug 2013 03:24

NOCOOKIEFORYOU wrote:from what amy said i am now confused. what is a daydream.

Its thinking which one completely involves oneself in and ones mind can like drift off into sometimes quite strange daydreams. When one daydreams, one can loose all focus on the current reality (thou may still be physically doing something). eg say someone is driving and gets so deeply immersed in their thoughts that its like they are somewhere else for a moment, they may suddenly find they are now driving into the next town and cant remember the past 15mins of their journey cause in their head they've been somewhere else. The person may or may not be aware of what they'd been thinking etc (cause its often subconscious thinking, sometimes not even reality stuff).

Anyway, with daydreaming, one can see images and be immersed in a daydream scene, one can imagine another talking to you or whatever (the senses can come into a daydream, eg you may daydream you are smelling roses). With daydreaming, one isnt "trying" to imagine anything, it just happens and ones subconciousness can play out scenes etc, its spontanous as the mind drifts (just like it drifts when one starts to dream). Hence why its called dayDREAMING.

(With visualisation thou, that is an active thing with something trying to imagine something and then seeing what they try to imagine).

I know most definations say daydreams are pleasant.. but its possible to daydream about just ordinary stuff in life too.

Some people have far more vivid daydreams then most do (just like some people tend to be more vivid dreamers then others). I have a quite good connection with my subconsciousness and at times have some very vivid daydreams and it will be just like I are elsewhere, occassionally I clearly remember the subconciousness dream flow. Daydreams often happen when doing mundane tasks cleaning house etc.

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Re: how to increase d

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 22 Aug 2013 14:27

well now ever since i figured out what daydream is i notice that i have them... a lot.... all the time. now one problem. i hate waking up from them. :(

-native American proverb

Return to “For Beginners”