David my exboyfriend

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
taniaaust1

David my exboyfriend

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2013 23:13

Due to HAGARTS question to me, Ive started up experiments to learn more about a DC I often bring into my LDs (he is never randomly in them, I have to bring him into my dream while Im it), my ex David.

The following is todays LD, in my attempts to learn more about this exboyfriend DC. This one unlike yesterdays DC which was spontanous when I wasnt trying to LD, this mornings was purposely brought on (Im doing this LD attempt immediately after I wake up this morning. I'll put all the way I triggered my LD off down for those who are interested. *Note I dont have any set routine for doing these other then the laying on my back and just do whatever I feel like at the time, switching to other things if something doesnt seem to be helping).

- I start off trying to trigger off this LD by laying on my back (which is a way I symbolize that I dont just want to go back to sleep but rather I wish to LD).

- Once on my back, I did a yogi LD breathing technique, silently breathing in the thought "HAM" and on tthe outbreath (with like a sigh) the word "SAH". After 10 mins of those words I got bored so decided to do something different (doing LD shouldnt be a chore and unpleasant, if it is for you, do something different).

- So I did all the words inside my head instead silently (less effort) and changed my words to "I want to" (on inbreath) "lucid dream" (on the out breath). After 5 mins of that, I noticed that thou my physical body is now very relaxed (my physical body hadnt relaxed at all with the HAM SAH). (that is the first thing someone trying to LD needs to achieve.

My mind thou was not relaxed at all and at the same time Ive been doing the words all this time, my mind has been everywhere with thoughts of my daily life issues (those are of the thoughts which are not conductive to LD but doing trying to LD first thing in the morning, one naturally starts thinking about what one wants to do today). I didnt try to control these thoughts as one would during some kinds of meditation due to the effort I knew would be involved (Im out of practice with meditation), so instead at this point I decide to do something else to get rid of those worrying, stressing, hyper daily thoughts. My mind was so easily going on with that thought flow at the same time as doing breathing and words (as if it was no effort at all to be doing both things at once :roll: ). I are hardly no closer at all to having a LD with my mind like this.

- To get rid of all the daily life thoughts, I decide to put my focus onto something else, not just on an image as that would be an effort to hold my concentration on (and besides my split mind easily doing two things at once it would probably just continue on with its worries) so decide I needed an involvement of my thought to get rid of the other thoughts and to try to put all my sensations somewhere "relaxing", to work on calming my thoughts down too. At this point I came up with a new idea -the bathtub. I would try to imagine in first person myself getting out of bed and walking to the bath and then laying in that and try to experience myself there. (I didnt know if this would trigger off a AP or a LD but was prepared to accept either even if it meant I didnt do my David experiment today). I really felt like the bathtub idea would work (believing that what one is trying is going to work is very important!).

Im very bad at visualization (very bad is an understatement) but anyway thou I couldnt see myself doing so, I thought of myself getting out of bed to head to bathroom. At this point and with the new plan being put into action, instantly my normal waking life thoughts started slowing down and suddenly not only can I hear the stuff around myself physically but I can hear my children in the bathroom, children I do not have anymore as they have all grown up and left home). "cool I think to myself, this is working". I then imagined myself walking to the bathroom (I didnt see or feel anything during that due to my poor visualization skills, just thought of myself doing it).

As soon as I think of myself in the bathroom, My LD vision suddenly flashes in and I can see my bath around me, I can feel the water on my body. Not something Im doing but the body Im now experiencing myself in is rolling over itself in the bath, I allow my body to do as its doing (with the thought due to this is a LD I should be able to breath underwater anyway), so now I end up looking at the bottom of my bathtub. I know this roll has happened as its my astral body that Im experiencing rolling and this is coming throu into the dream, thou Im not sure where that astral body of mine is, if its rolling within my physical body or has come with my LD thoughts and now has me in my bathroom (astral/LD? crossover).

Suddenly Im in a place full of people..now I are properly in a LD (not experiencing any obvious AP body feedback anymore). We are on an oval, my goal - manifest my ex and see if he talks normally to me. So I start looking throu the crowd for David. There are so many people here thou and thou I look for about 10-15mins, I cant find him.

I do thou come across 2 DCs sitting together of my father, my father DCs look very different as they are of him about 10 years of age apart. How he's looked in past times. My dad has a young boy of about 8years old with him, someone I dont know). Thou I find that very interesting (2 dads and who's the child?) walk past Dad as I dont want to get distracted from my current task.

As looking for him in the crowd isnt working (too many people), I decide to start yelling out for David - "David!! David!! David!!". He yells from somewhere within the crowd "Yeah?" I try keep trying to find him looking in the direction of the voice but still cant. So I yell out again "David!!" He yells back "What! Have some patience!" in a not happy with me voice.
At that point I lost the LD (I could of tried to bring it back in but thought it was interesting enough at this point (He did speak back!! even if I didnt get as far as questioning him), to get up and write this dream down here.

Anyway HAGART, so I can say now that yes this DC does seem to talk as he would to me. My next challenge is to try to find out if his DC seems to be as smart as the normal David is. :D (Ive never made friends with one of my DCs before and depending on how I find him to be, I may do that with this one. Thanks I wouldnt have tried all this if you hadnt asked me that question).

Pity I dont currently have my ex's phone number as I forgot to ask him for it when I came across him in real life last time. It is possible that I could of APed or mind merged into his dream and then been creating like a mutual dream eg that crowd on the oval, and its also possible he may of remembered me being in the dream if it was his dream first up and then a merged one. Wishing I had his mobile number to ask him what he dreamed early hours this morn (it was around 6am-6.30am so i assume he would of been still asleep). I would of so loved to have checked this out.

Time taken to trigger the LD approx 17 mins. (it occurred around 1-2min after I changed the technique which hadnt been working for me).
Time spent in the LD about 17 mins. (1-2 mins in the bathtub while still experiencing astral body feels and about 15mins in the other LD).

My first attempt at this exercise and what started it off and more about my experiences with my ex DC David in my posts at http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13488
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tea

Re: David my exboyfriend

Postby tea » 20 Aug 2013 00:00

very cool!
so in the end, this was a WILD, right?

thanks for sharing, i'm very curious how this whole 'project' continues!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Aug 2013 02:52

tea wrote:very cool!
so in the end, this was a WILD, right?

thanks for sharing, i'm very curious how this whole 'project' continues!

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html (thou I dont agree with everything Rebecca said its still a decent article).

Yeah it was a WILD (with no lapse in consciousness from waking to dreaming). I didnt even feel like I was about to fall asleep at all.

Step 1 - body relaxation
Step 2 - mental relaxation
Step 3 create your dream (or just allow your mind to go into one while checking in regularly to make sure you dont loose awareness).

I mixed step 2 and step 3 together in this mornings WILD thou. Thou Rebecca I think in her thread says its very important to wait till you are mentally relaxed before you create the dream. (I wanted to use thou my thoughts of what would turn into a WILD dream to mentally relax). What is most important is to work out where you are at with things and know what you need to be doing to achieve what you want to do.

When I heard the childrens voices that was when I entered the hypnagogic state but hadnt created the dream yet (the voices in the bathroom were the first part of its creation, which happened on me just thinking of wanting to go to the bathroom to lay in the bath). I didnt do much at all to create the dream and then it just happened itself. I cant even remember thinking to climb into the bathtub, but I was suddenly there, my scene jumped to where I wanted to go, about to get out of bed and that process to there.

I didnt do anything to stabilize it at all (cause the dream came in clear), nor did I have to drag myself into it as I often have to with WILD (which at those times its very easy to get drop outs and very hard to stabilize).

I love it when things flow so easily and naturally once one is doing the right thing to bring the LD in. Had I stayed focused on my breathing and the words, I probably would not have realised that my state had changed and I was ready to LD cause I would of probably stayed in my normal on the bed scene doing the breathing and words as my waking consciousness state dont shift, my physical body was still moving normally too (as I dont tend to get sleep paralyses) I also dont tend to get hynagogia images in my bedroom when Im aware Im laying in bed. Im no different when Im LD to what I are when Im awake the transition is so smooth so not noticable easily. I guess many who try to WILD and fail, failed cause they'd entered the right state but just didnt know they have, so keep laying on their bed waiting for a LD to start when they fall asleep.

I love WILD :D Im a bit confused thou as I dont even think I actually did fall asleep at all during this above experience, it was more like I just opened my eyes again and then got up to write it down (same with many of my other experiences) but it was very vivid and just like a normal dream and not at all vague like a daydream. Maybe Im having WILD LD vivid daydreams??? I would love to have been hooked up on a monitor to know if I was actually not asleep during this whole thing.

tea

Postby tea » 20 Aug 2013 07:32

taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe Im having WILD LD vivid daydreams??? I would love to have been hooked up on a monitor to know if I was actually not asleep during this whole thing.

now THAT's a good question. is something like that even possible? i mean, i've had WILDs before and in one it even felt like you described this phenomenon; like a vivid, lucid daydream.

do you have any experience with brain-wave monitors?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Aug 2013 20:41

I read the whole thing.

So you spoke to him without seeing him? That happens for me too sometimes.
I sometimes have conversations with people in my dreams I don't see.
But they are still a DC even if you can't see them.
I'm glad I inspired you, and the more you do it, the more he will speak. (I hope.)

I even read your techniques you used, and see some similarities with my own. Laying on my back, thinking about my own thoughts for a while tends to set the intent for a lucid dream. And then dealing with the tug o' war between the barking angst of waking life, and the whispering call of the dream that beckons you.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Aug 2013 05:29

tea wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe Im having WILD LD vivid daydreams??? I would love to have been hooked up on a monitor to know if I was actually not asleep during this whole thing.

now THAT's a good question. is something like that even possible? i mean, i've had WILDs before and in one it even felt like you described this phenomenon; like a vivid, lucid daydream.

do you have any experience with brain-wave monitors?

I have no idea at all if that is possible to interact in a vivid lucid daydream as one does in normal LDs or not. That's something Im now trying to find out cause it seems like that is what I may be doing at times.

The only experience I have with brain-wave monitors is medical tests :) and from my EEGs I know my brainwave states are not normal (my brain goes into different frequencies then it should in my sleep and relaxed state and in my eyes shut state. When my eyes are shut and Im relaxed, I have elevated activity, no normal alpha and excessive beta). Two out of three of my hospital EEGs were abnormal.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Aug 2013 05:37

HAGART wrote:I read the whole thing.

So you spoke to him without seeing him? That happens for me too sometimes.
I sometimes have conversations with people in my dreams I don't see.

Yeah, it was actuallly the first time Ive done that (cause Im never tried to speak to someone I cant see in a dream before). Well I have tried but just with guides and it didnt work.

I'm glad I inspired you, and the more you do it, the more he will speak. (I hope.)

I hope he'll end up coming into my LDs randomly and talking, it sure would add even more interest to them as right now in my LDs no characters tend to interact with me unless I interact with them first (or peeve them off in some way causing them to react.

Return to “Dream Characters”