sticking body parts inside physical objects around you

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Creator

sticking body parts inside physical objects around you

Postby Creator » 20 Aug 2013 22:00

what does it feel like, when you place your arm through a wall, how does it feel like to walk through a wall altogether? what does it look like when you shove your head in a wall, and open your eyes? what do you see?
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

deschainXIX

Re: sticking body parts inside physical objects around you

Postby deschainXIX » 20 Aug 2013 23:44

I'm assuming you're referring to lucid dreams?
It feels exactly how you imagine it feels!
For me, it feels like putting my arm in thick and warm (but not dry yet) concrete. :? lol I don't know why!
It actually doesn't feel exactly like that ... it's a bit difficult to explain, as is many dream-related sensory details. :) it's like trying to describe the color "red" or the feeling of "warmth."
Well said.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 21 Aug 2013 10:35

For me it's like there's no wall. I feel nothing.
In my dreams i already pass through windows without thinking. What i mean by that is that in my dream world i already take for granted that windows are not an obstacle.

tea

Postby tea » 21 Aug 2013 11:27

usually when i do the finger-trough-palm reality check, it just goes through. but when i start moving the finger around, it feels like it's in a sandy object with a little resistance.

but this just goes for me!

just as deschainXIX said: it will feel however you expect it to feel. even if you don't expect anything consciously, there will be an effect. feeling nothing (as Highlander said) is also possible. of course.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Creator

Postby Creator » 22 Aug 2013 01:20

deschainXIX wrote:I'm assuming you're referring to lucid dreams?
It feels exactly how you imagine it feels!
For me, it feels like putting my arm in thick and warm (but not dry yet) concrete. :? lol I don't know why!
It actually doesn't feel exactly like that ... it's a bit difficult to explain, as is many dream-related sensory details. :) it's like trying to describe the color "red" or the feeling of "warmth."

Interesting.... haha. Of course i'm talking about lucid dreams. xD

Creator

Postby Creator » 22 Aug 2013 01:21

tea wrote:usually when i do the finger-trough-palm reality check, it just goes through. but when i start moving the finger around, it feels like it's in a sandy object with a little resistance.

but this just goes for me!

just as deschainXIX said: it will feel however you expect it to feel. even if you don't expect anything consciously, there will be an effect. feeling nothing (as Highlander said) is also possible. of course.
Is it possible to change how it feels?

Creator

Postby Creator » 22 Aug 2013 01:21

Highlander wrote:For me it's like there's no wall. I feel nothing.
In my dreams i already pass through windows without thinking. What i mean by that is that in my dream world i already take for granted that windows are not an obstacle.

Cool. .__.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Aug 2013 01:23

For myself, these things can feel just as real for me as real life eg I can get stuck by not being able to go throu a wall! Ive had some LDs ruined by getting stuck somewhere and not being able to widen a gap to get throu.

When Im astral, I can push my hand throu a wall but it's still not easy and effort, its like the wall is a substance of some resistance, it gives but I really have to push throu it. I used to often get stuck in my bedroom if I had my bedroom door closed due to the effort needed to get myself throu a wall.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Creator

Postby Creator » 22 Aug 2013 01:28

taniaaust1 wrote:For myself, these things can feel just as real for me as real life eg I can get stuck by not being able to go throu a wall! Ive had some LDs ruined by getting stuck somewhere and not being able to widen a gap to get throu.

When Im astral, I can push my hand throu a wall but it's still not easy and effort, its like the wall is a substance of some resistance, it gives but I really have to push throu it. I used to often get stuck in my bedroom if I had my bedroom door closed due to the effort needed to get myself throu a wall.
Well.... you replied to this quickly. .__.

I heard you're like a master here, is that true?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Aug 2013 01:33

Creator wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:For myself, these things can feel just as real for me as real life eg I can get stuck by not being able to go throu a wall! Ive had some LDs ruined by getting stuck somewhere and not being able to widen a gap to get throu.

Well.... you replied to this quickly. .__.

I heard you're like a master here, is that true?

lol a master in LD? Nope, but I do have some experience under my belt (we do now have a 70 year old master at this site :) , I got a way to go yet). I wouldnt call myself a Master unless I felt like I'd learnt all I could from LD and Im still learning stuff like everyone else here, I have a heck of a lot of questions Im still trying to find the answers too. I would like thou to run classes in real life on this and may do that some time. I see myself more as a possible teacher.

There are no right or wrong for how people perceive in their LDs, we all are different, we all think different and hence we all will experience differently. So thou Ive answered your question differently, it doesnt mean the others replies are wrong in anyway at all.

None of us can give an answer on how YOU would experience it, we can only give you possibilities.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”