How do you pre-program a dream?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
thomas

How do you pre-program a dream?

Postby thomas » 23 Nov 2011 05:28

I have a dream sign that always makes me lucid. If I could arrange for it to appear regularly in a dream I would have a lot more lucidity. For those of you who can do this what are your techniques? (I have already tried writing and saying to myself what I want to happen before I go to bed with no luck.)

Thanks, Thomas

fistania

Re: How do you pre-program a dream?

Postby fistania » 17 Dec 2011 10:33

i don't really pre-program my dream with dream signs, i use another method to pre-program lucid dream.

i've just done this twice actually, today and last weekend. and i use it when doing WBTB method so i don't really know if this will work on night sleep.

when i go to bed, first i would day dream that i was in class (because that's the easiest place to make the day dream feels real) and i would write in my notebook "i'm lucid and the dream is vivid" as much as possible until a page or two (until i find it's enough). then i surrender to my day dream. but whatever day dream i have, i tend to add the word "LUCID" in the scenery. for example if i was in the hall i would imagine the word "LUCID" is painted there, BIG. or on the wall. or on the window. or anywhere and everywhere. then when i drifted off to sleep and have a dream, i would feel like "isn't there something i wanted to do? hmm……… oh right, i wanted to have lucid dream!" then i become lucid, or i automatically ask my self in the moment i have a dream "is this a dream? …naah…… wait, this IS a dream!" or something like that.

hope this helps :)

thomas

Re: How do you pre-program a dream?

Postby thomas » 18 Dec 2011 03:24

Fistania - Thanks for the reply. I think that is interesting that you use visual cues - never thought of that. I may try that as I am a very visual person vs. auditory. This means I can visualize very easily but have a hard time "hearing" music in my head. That's kind of weird since I am a musician. I'm going to see if I can incorporate it into a WILD technique - since I have been successful with it. Good thoughts - thanks again.

Thomas

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”