if you look at something repeatedly do u see it better in

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

if you look at something repeatedly do u see it better in

Postby d.conn3 » 22 Aug 2013 02:25

so if you look at a person, house or anything else often. do u see it better in your dreams, with more details and clearer sight. to make it look as real as you can.

Re: if you look at something repeatedly do u see it better

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Aug 2013 02:34

If you look at something a lot, you may see it a lot more in your dreams.

As far as seeing it clearer thou, your subconciousness takes in more when you look at an object then your waking mind does and hence probably already knows all the details of any object you've ever looked at even briefly. This isnt to say that you couldnt "trick" your waking mind into seeing things clearer in a LD due to just believing you may do.

When it comes to LDs and how things appear in them, its your own thoughts on things which will affect your LDs. Doubts on your ability to see things well, may make them unable to be seen well. Doubt in your own ability to successfully do LD well, may cause issues. You need to believe you are able to see well in your LDs and can control them.

There may be a risk if you are looking at things repetitively in real life trying to make it so they are clearer in your dreams, that each time you are doing that, you could well be unintentionally sending a message to your subconscious mind of "oh I dont see well in my LDs". The more one thinks of a LD issue and dwells on it, the stronger the issue may actually become.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Son Of Somnus

Re: if you look at something repeatedly do u see it better

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:04

I'm probably wrong, but I believe if you looked in things in more detail and looked at it hard (not just blindly staring at it, actually focusing on it and looking and noting every detail), your dreams will definitely be able to recall it with more correct details, in my experience dreams usually make up other things to fill in the gaps, incorrect details of things for things you can't recall completely. Eg. I can't remember most details my old kindergarten school so if I went there in a dream my subconcious would 'make up' the enviorment filling in the gaps of things I don't remember. I think that makes sense ._.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”