Dreaming the future???

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
yogithis

Dreaming the future???

Postby yogithis » 07 Dec 2011 22:30

Hi everyone,

Does anyone ever dream the future?
I've had dreams in the past which have made no sense which have then happened to actually happen. I've recently had a few dream snapshots (by that I mean I'm not really aware until I recognise someone) and then my awareness kicks in and I become lucid for a split second before this realisation has brought me out of the dream.

How common is this?

Thanks
Michael

TaoTeRazz

Re: Dreaming the future???

Postby TaoTeRazz » 16 Dec 2011 17:14

Hey Michael,

Ya know, it's funny. I was going to ask a similar question. Maybe, on average, two or three times a month now, I will have these D'ej'a Vu experiences. I've been wondering if there's a connection to my lucid dreaming exercises. It's happened in mundane situations like at the grocery store, driving, sitting with friends and such. I don't recall having dreams of those situations, lucid or non. Anyone else?

TTR
Nosce te Ipsum

thomas

Postby thomas » 18 Dec 2011 03:51

Hi all - Are we talking about deja-vu? I have these experiences about 1-2x/ every couple months (more or less). Happened last week. To my knowledge I have never dreamed or been in these situations. As far as it being connected to lucid dream exercises, maybe. I have always had deja-vu, but not induced lucid dreams - until recently. (I have had spontaneous lucid dreams in the past but nothing with regularity.)
What I am thinking is this - could it be connected with meditation? I have meditated for years. This often, goes hand-in-hand with lucid dreaming.

Thomas

TaoTeRazz

Postby TaoTeRazz » 18 Dec 2011 21:45

Ultimately, I think it's about the future. Whether you in fact have a precognative dream that you then recognize later as Deja Vu or you somehow know that you're actually dreaming of a (possible) future event - the word "possible" being key here.
Like Thomas, I was pointing out that I have been noting an increase in deja vu experiences and was hypothesizing if whether active lucid dreaming could be the result. I was curious if anyone else had made any notice to this as well.

TTR
Nosce te Ipsum

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 30 Dec 2011 02:54

Your subconscious already knows everything that will happen to you. It scans every possible outcome.
:D
jamjam

JacksonAnna

Postby JacksonAnna » 30 Dec 2011 09:08

Hi there. I'm a newbie.
I dream of the future world to be like the one shown in the 'Avatar' movie. I mean the navvy planet.
http://youtomp3.com/
youtube video to mp3 converter

LucidDreamer

Postby LucidDreamer » 03 Jan 2012 14:41

Ive had one recently!!

My younger brother is living in my house at the moment..And in my dream there was a fire in the lounge and the house full of smoke, I told him to chuck a bucket of water on it. I wrote the dream in my dream diary as I do with all my dreams now.

The following night I was out, and when I returned my brother told me a log had fallen of the fire and set alight the side of the sofa..and he used the mop bucket to put it out! The house was full of smoke..

Coinsidence? Who knows!!! I wish I had told him about the dream though, he may have been more sensible and put the fire guard up! :lol:

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 22:33

I wonder that too, because I dreamed I stole 5$ from a substitute teachers pocket, but when I woke up and started to my bus stop, I found 5$ and remembered the dream instantly.

yogithis

Postby yogithis » 22 Jan 2012 00:20

Hey jamjam, yes there is only one reality and yes my subconscous knows it...so why do I need to experience it before it happens via a dream?
If I accept I am exactly where I need to be doing exactly what I need to be doing then the future will take care of itself. What is the point in me dreaming it?
Answers gratefully received :D

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 Jan 2012 05:40

One of my best friends went to Germany for a year, and there is still like 5 months before he comes back. Now as I do reality checks and am getting better at raising my awareness, my dreams seem to get more "real" to ensure I dont figure out im dreaming.

Lately my friend was in one of my dreams and I was hanging out with him. In the morning I wondered why I didnt realise it was a dream as he shouldnt even be in the same country. However I realised that the reason it seemed so legit was because the dream was set 5 months in the future, when he came back to NZ. So yeah I guess this dream was in the future, but it seems like it only was set in the future so that I wouldnt catch on that it was a dream.

Sometimes the dreams seem to make themselves up as they go so I dont realise im dreaming. If this theory is right then it explains why I somehow appear drunk in my dreams, its an explanation to how I end up in random parts of the city with no memory how I got there lol
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”