running

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
NOCOOKIEFORYOU

running

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 22 Aug 2013 14:56

ok so i didnt really know where to put this topuc so ill put it here. ok so running. sometimes i run in my dreams(by sometimes i mean not aften at all) but the thing is. whenever i run i alwase fall down and crawl.even then wen im crawling i have a lot of trouble crawling its hard to explain how its like im sure you other people have experianced it. even when you realy want to or need to,you juat cant. you just fall down. why does this happen. its a big mystery to me and majes no sence. i heard once that it happens so you dont start running and yu hurt yourself but thats what sleep paralisis is for right? so why doea it happen. anyone got an answer or hypothesis?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

flowofmysoul

Re: running

Postby flowofmysoul » 22 Aug 2013 16:20

Answer is very simple, you control your dreams with your intention. If you have a single doubt that you have some difficulties running you will for sure start slowing your self more and more. If you wish to do something you will fail or do the opposite, if you are using your desires to control your dream you will do the opposite. Use your intention, in your dream you are the creator, leave all doubts, there is nothing you cannot do there.

Trust me, as soon as you will understand this and as soon as you will be able to apply it - you will have no difficulties controlling your dreams :)

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 22 Aug 2013 17:01

This also happens to me and i realized that it's because of the position i'm sleeping. Sometimes it's hard to run, i fall, other times i can just run on my back. When i wake up, i see in what position i was sleeping and it makes sense. But yes, it helps if we can control more our dreams with intention.

flowofmysoul

Postby flowofmysoul » 23 Aug 2013 10:07

You are also right, i did experiment on this many times.

If you go to sleep and you put your hands under you, or roll over your body with the blanket and make sure that you cannot move your hands, then in your lucid dream you will be having difficulties doing fast rapid movements with hands.

Howard

Postby Howard » 23 Aug 2013 19:42

As I saw someone remark in another post, usually problems we have in dreaming relate to unresolved issues in our waking consciousness. Seek the source of the unresolved issue and you will clear up the problem in dreaming. Be certain to determine the true 'Core Issue' and don't settle for what appears to be. There are many routes to doing this. The one I have found most helpful is to find the first time you had the experience...either in dreaming or in waking and examine the issues around that first experience. That will give you the root or core of the problem. As Christ said "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." That wonderful nugget of wisdom can be applied to every facet of our lives.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 26 Aug 2013 23:45

I have a different problem regarding running.

Doesn't matter if I want to run or expect to run, or if it's a lucid or non-lucid dream. I try to run, and I have no trouble moving my legs, but every time I take a step while running, I go up instead of forward. I'm always really floaty and it greatly compromises my forward speed and traction.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 27 Aug 2013 03:31

Jacob46719 wrote:I have a different problem regarding running.

Doesn't matter if I want to run or expect to run, or if it's a lucid or non-lucid dream. I try to run, and I have no trouble moving my legs, but every time I take a step while running, I go up instead of forward. I'm always really floaty and it greatly compromises my forward speed and traction.

Well at least you have no problem flying :D
Well said.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 27 Aug 2013 06:15

deschainXIX wrote:
Jacob46719 wrote:I have a different problem regarding running.

Well at least you have no problem flying :D

lol I guess so
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 07 Sep 2013 04:26

Ok so when ever I post problems about dreams people a lease assume stuff. For example in one dream I was trying to stab someone with a pathetic knife. Was not thinking that. That is a comment in waking life which I didn't think about in my dream. It is the same here. I was just trying to run. I didn't think about it I was just running but fell over. I just tried to crawl but was unsuccessful. I didn't think about it it just happen :roll:
Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Sep 2013 01:07

Problems with running. For anyone who has this issue, think about where the running issue is coming from, it either is coming from a/ a conscious active thought or b/ a subconscious thought.

eg Conscious active thought which could cause a running issue "I never are able to move well in my dreams, I fall over when running" "I find my LDs hard to control" (doubts in your own abilities in your LDs). Thoughts like this could keep a running issue happening in LDs.

eg a subconscious thought would be problems with running in a LD due to your subconciousness trying to symbolically express something. eg trouble running in a dream could be expressing trouble moving forward well in real life with life. Falling down while trying to run in a LD could be symbolising little problems in real life, stumbling blocks one could say. Sometimes one will then keep having the running issue till the issue you have in real life improves.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”