long time lucid dreamers opinion.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ThreeStarE

long time lucid dreamers opinion.

Postby ThreeStarE » 16 Dec 2011 02:22

I know I ask a million questions a day, but I figure I need them answered, so here's a million and one. I have to ask, I read everywhere that sharing a lucid dream is real, but I see many other that says its fake. I wouldd like to know true long time lucid dreamers opinion on this matter if you would.?
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

Peter

Re: long time lucid dreamers opinion.

Postby Peter » 16 Dec 2011 06:29

you will need to answer that one yourself - proof is very hard to it becomes an act of faith and belief

Cool fun to try so have a go
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Dec 2011 06:38

I think our life here on Earth is one big shared lucid dream so I guess that means I believe it's possible.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Dec 2011 08:53

if you take away the referance to dreaming in any form then we are now comunicating in one reality and simply need to do it another. It may be that we need to regress to what was most likely the way we comunicated in the beginning. I supsect that there might not have been the same gap between waking and non-waking worlds in the early years of life. We assume to much I think about what was. There are a lot of cave paintings that look a lot like dream images

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 16 Dec 2011 16:32

Thankyou for your guy's imput.!
Ps. I had my first lucid dream :)

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 18 Dec 2011 02:40

I partook in a experiment involving this very thing. Eventually the writer's thesis will be availible publically. I am of the opinion sharing dreams happens all the time, but on account of (in general) our culture does not value dreams, therefore dreams are not recorded or shared and therefore we miss a lot of cases of shared dreams. I was rather weak in the department of dream sharing with the group I was part of. I am really quite interested in this topic, and have been hoping that one day one of my friends would like to do some dream sharing experiements with me.

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 18 Dec 2011 09:10

What kind of testing did you have to do.?:o that's really interesting. Couldn't you imagine, sharing a story with a friend. Such as zombie survival, or world war III .? Or my personal favorite idea, a mind war, aka create whatever you can to destroy the other friend andd defend yourself, wouldn't that be amazing.? Or am I on my own in this one.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 18 Dec 2011 18:10

The person who inititated the experiment was doing a thesis or something, and had to get permission to do the experiment with her professor. SHe gathered up several dreamers who asked to participate. I think it eneded up being 7 different people. I was actually a back up person when someone else dropped out for unknown reasons. One one evening she emailed everyone the promt for the lucid dream experiement. Then we were allowed some time after wards to type up a dream report, which we each emailed to her. After she collected them all they were then released and we could all read each other's dreams. There were some hits, and on my own end it didn't seem as if I actually shared a dream with any of the other participants, but on one instance apparently I described the back yard of one of the participants uncannily well.

I had, once upon a time, attempted to engage a friend of mine in some fun dream experiments, but they were not up to it, or simply didn't think it was something real, much to my disappointment. I still don't have any friends who give a crap about dreams. They all either don't remember them, or like most people just think they're brain trash and not worth considering.

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 18 Dec 2011 20:25

Samee with me, i have toldd sooo many people, and only three actually cared. One being my girlfriend, but she hasn't been really making an effort so ill pretty much get her into it sooner or later. Andd my two bestfriends. But they still don't really care that much to try it with me. I think it wouldd be interesting to try sharing dreams, really interesting.!

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 19 Dec 2011 02:05

Read one of Bruce Moen's books if you want to know more about shared dreams and other non-physical experiences.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”