The closest I've ever been

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
henryc

The closest I've ever been

Postby henryc » 24 Aug 2013 00:20

My name is Henry and I am 14 years old.
I have been trying to lucid dream for quite a while now, using lots of different techniques, and last night was the closest I've ever coming to actually becoming lucid. I lay in bed, listening to a lucid dream induction recording. I felt the surges of the roll over signal coming and I managed to bear it out, although it was very painful, I managed to stay still. They came in surges, and after about three surges I was prepared for the next one, but suddenly my feet began to tingle and go all hot. This sensation ran through my body and I started shaking slightly. I knew that this was where sleep paralysis occurred. I kept my eyes shut as tight as I could. I heard some tapping above my bed on the wall and murmuring voices over by my door. It was nothing to be scared of, but for some reason I forced myself awake and luckily I could move. How long does it take from this stage, to become lucid?
Thanks so much for your time, Henry

Jacob46719

Re: The closest I've ever been

Postby Jacob46719 » 24 Aug 2013 00:38

If Sleep Paralysis is starting to engage, you're about 90% done. If it's fully engaged, 99% done. It won't take long to enter dream state from there as long as you keep your heart rate down and don't move a muscle(including your eyelids).
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Cris_MO

Postby Cris_MO » 24 Aug 2013 06:27

How is this experience different from the beginning stages of an out-of-body experience. I've never had one, but I've heard a number of people describe them, and I've read Robert Monroe's "Journeys Out of the Body" and there are a lot of similarities.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 24 Aug 2013 07:46

well it isn't different.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Aug 2013 07:53

I managed to bear it out, although it was very painful, I managed to stay still

at this point its all but done, just keep quietly observing and get engaged with the feelings and you should just pop into OBE and be looking at yourself or into a fully formed dream. The SP or near SP will come and go and in time all the sensations will become blurred and you can just get there easily so keep at it and don't get hung up on needing all the sensations as that expectation will kill the process.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Aug 2013 12:58

I heard some tapping above my bed on the wall and murmuring voices over by my door.

Your brain is going into a dream state when one starts to get things like that, so you could find yourself in a full LD at any moment.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

henryc

Postby henryc » 26 Aug 2013 08:17

Thank you all so much for your help it was really appreciated. I will definitely be trying this again tonight.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:05

There are other ways to lucid dream you know, you might find them easier.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 28 Aug 2013 22:49

I find this really interesting, but scary at the same time. I would never allow myself to get Sleep Paralysis EVER! I would get the creeps and then if I was able to move I would probably scream my head off. I am sooo hoping I don't get it D:

I like how you shut your eyes, but the tapping above your head sounds quite spooky, the voices to. If It were me I would have had my eyes open like, "Who is it! Who dare come into my territory: Mah room!". Hehe.
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 31 Aug 2013 13:40

DreamyRoamer wrote:I find this really interesting, but scary at the same time. I would never allow myself to get Sleep Paralysis EVER! I would get the creeps and then if I was able to move I would probably scream my head off. I am sooo hoping I don't get it D:

I like how you shut your eyes, but the tapping above your head sounds quite spooky, the voices to. If It were me I would have had my eyes open like, "Who is it! Who dare come into my territory: Mah room!". Hehe.

It's all a matter of perspective. I find the voices comforting and think replies back to them (sometimes they even respond to my replies and we get a conversation going), and find the sleep paralysis really cool because I know it means there is a good chance a lucid dream is coming.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Return to “For Beginners”