Should I really be working hard to Lucid Dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Juggernaut625

Should I really be working hard to Lucid Dream?

Postby Juggernaut625 » 24 Aug 2013 19:31

Hello, I'm 15 and I'm a gamer, I love to play games but I really want to start to control my dreams to really explore my mind and test my imagination.

I don't know whether I'm the best to Lucid dream, but I've recently gotten really motivated because I had 2 lucid dreams in a row (over a period of 2 nights).
So I was just wondering - Should I work as hard as other's to gain control over most of my dreams? I just wonder if I have it easy, since in the past maybe 2 month's every few night's I've been saying to myself in my dream "Am I dreaming?" but I haven't gained control, only the past 2 night's I've gained control of my dreams.

Any replies are appreicated, thankyou

tea

Re: Should I really be working hard to Lucid Dream?

Postby tea » 24 Aug 2013 21:00

i, too, am a gamer.. does this relate to your question in any way? if so, let me tell you this: so far, gaming has only been a quality factor when it comes to my dream world. no matter if lucid or not.

I don't know whether I'm the best to Lucid dream

there is no better or worse when it comes to lucid dreaming. brains function so very differently that the only comparison you can make is within yourself.

i'd strongly recommend you to dig deeper into the lucid world, but to answer your question properly:
no.

no, you should not be working hard to to lucid dream because it's very likely to become frustrated this way. one of the major aspects of lucid dreaming is to do it just as it feels good to you. pressure or hard work mostly lead to mental blocks, which will (temporarily) stop your process.

so, yes; you should start working on LD if you are interested - but do it in a relaxed, natural way.

for example, just start off by writing down your dreams every morning. doing this for the first couple of days or weeks is the best start for the proper lucid dreaming basis.
one thing is so often suggest to beginners is to subscribe to rebecca's free e-course, which is a great start in my opinion: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html

did i answer your question(s) or is something unclear?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 24 Aug 2013 23:23

Thankyou for the reply, no. everything is answered since you have said that I need to work at a relaxed and natural pace, my thanks again :)

James

Postby James » 27 Aug 2013 11:45

so, yes; you should start working on LD if you are interested - but do it in a relaxed, natural way.

This.

When I first discovered lucid dreaming, pretty much that whole day I just researched on the web, etc etc. I really overdid it instead of taking a more relaxed and natural approach to it. It took me 4 months of no LD's to loose hope, and it was only after about another month of being relaxed about it (almost not caring) that I started having mine.

Of course, this is just my experience and may not be the same for you, but its what happened to me.
Was it worth it?

tea

Postby tea » 27 Aug 2013 11:58

thanks for sharing, james!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 27 Aug 2013 14:52

It's the same way for me, once I was told about Lucid dreaming I got really interested but I think I spent around 3 hours reading all the topics on WOLD, after a few failed attempts I thought 'This aint gonna happen' so I just almost forgot about it, but I still did the odd reality check once in a while, then I had one. I think that's the approach I'm going to take with it, but of course keeping my Dream Journal etc :)

Someone

Postby Someone » 28 Aug 2013 06:48

Mmm... well, for me lucid dreaming is something I cannot force. There is a ease, or rather- my most vivid interactions come when I am at ease with the idea, or it is out of my mind. Often when I sleep I wake tired, as if I had not slept at all, after even twelve hours of lucidity. I'd say it is almost a meditative, or trance induced experience; something like hypnotic trances. I am suprised some of you are experiencing them that young- at the age of fifteen I had only had few of them...of which remain with my even today- and the chronology of those dreams are consistent in my dreaming world(as if my dream consciousness is aware of time, somewhat relative to this plane.)

The dreams catch me off guard, when they do come- the really real ones. Even this, I cannot be sure is a dream..as I type this message. I often look at the phone and see repeating numbers, or ascending- descending patterns..12:34, 2:22, etc. I am highly psychic and deja-vu is frequent, sometimes I can anticipate the future, or hear peoples thoughts. I woke up at 7pm today, still tired- and have had no phone calls for days, and interaction with one person, the love of my life.. he is asleep now and I am doing a bit of research..because last nights dream was very real and sticks in my memory. I see, hear, feel, taste, all senses in my dreams are as real as they are here..but often the world is backwards in my dreams. Technology is also much more advanced. Tonight I watched a few programs that seemed to have strong connections with my empathy and to my dream last night.

Return to “For Beginners”