Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
LucidLink

Re: Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Postby LucidLink » 14 May 2013 14:17

Spirit_Wolf wrote:So night #1 I took 2 calea z tabs 30 min before bed time with 200 mg a b6,

Night #2 Before bed I took 3 5mg melatonin, 100mg b6, and 4 calea z tabs 4 hours later.

I don't know if these supplements are a bad pair or what... I've had terrible dream recall the past two days, it was like I didn't even dream at all until this morning 40 minutes after I woke up I remembered I did have a dream (more of a nightmare but those don't really effect me)

I have had a good ratio of LDs with melatonin alone. I think b6 and calea z are out if my regiment for a few days until I feel like experimenting with them again.

I'm having really bad recall.. It's better without supplements but does anyone know why this is?

I was thinking throughout the day taking a supp with choline bitartrate, dmae, and ginkgo biloba for mental clarity and memory function. Thoughts?
[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Too much melotonin. First of all, 5-HTP is more efficient then melotonin and they both do the same job dream wise. Second, melotonin gives you dreams, by keeping you in deep sleep longer, but then in the second half of the night, you experience REM rebound because the first half of the night was all spent in deep sleep. However, you start takeing all that melotonin and you'll be in deep sleep too long. And I know why you had a nightmare, your building too high levels of certain chemicals in your brain. It's actually hurting your dream recall and giving you unpleaseant dreams. I say stop taking ALL supplements for now. Then go order Advanced Lucid Dreaming: the power of supplements.

Also note, calea is not a supplement, it is an herb and thus completely in it's own category. You should really take calea after 5 hours of sleep not before bed. Same with the B6. But like I said, you should discontinue all supplement use for now Intill you are better educated and why they do what they do, and how they do what they do. It will make you far more effiecient, powerful, and safer.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 14 May 2013 20:55

Also note, calea is not a supplement, it is an herb and thus completely in it's own category. You should really take calea after 5 hours of sleep not before bed. Same with the B6. But like I said, you should discontinue all supplement use for now Intill you are better educated and why they do what they do, and how they do what they do. It will make you far more effiecient, powerful, and safer.( From Lucidlink )

I think this is a very good reply, and I strongly endorse it. to many beginners think one takes a cocktail of what is supposed to give you instant results. If one is serious to enter Lucid Dreaming, patience and learning is a must, plus to realize from the start that one can not force to become lucid. Read the Forums, ask questions do the task you have decided on, and I am sure success will come. I get dry spells, OK I take a break for as long as I feel like, and start again most often with a new Affirmation. That works for me. :)

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 17 May 2013 22:38

Contrarie to your suggestions, I started taking Cognizen by Vitazen which has choline, dmae, and ginkgo biloba taken throughout the day, my dreams have been extremely vivid and now I can keep a good dream journal.

I also knew to take calea z 4-6 hours after I sleep, I wanted to try it right before bed just to experiment. And if you read my post again you will notice that I stated I took calea z 4 hours after I slept with same results.

And erichsa where did you get this idea that I am a beginner?

Also note I wasn't trying to mix a cocktail of supplements to induce a lucid dream, I was really trying to improve my dream recall. It would have been cool if it produced a LD right away but I wasn't as worried about that as I was trying to remember my dreams

Thank you.
[ Post made via iPad ] Image

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 18 May 2013 09:12

[quote][/quote]And erichsa where did you get this idea that I am a beginner?

Also note I wasn't trying to mix a cocktail of supplements to induce a lucid dream, I was really trying to improve my dream recall. It would have been cool if it produced a LD right away but I wasn't as worried about that as I was trying to remember my dreams

Thank you

With beginner I was addressing beginners who might be reading the posting, to give well meant advise on lucid dreaming or dream recall, and not to offend you. :)

tnvilla

Postby tnvilla » 19 Jun 2013 04:20

I've been an avid lucid-dreamer for years and have been pleasantly-surprised to read of other fellow dreamers. I found World of Lucid Dreaming and have learned alot. On my next lucid dream afterwards I tried out a couple of techniques. I tried the "looking at your hands" to stay in the dream and it really worked. At first my fingers all looked fat but then shrunk to regular size after a few seconds. I immediately started flying and as soon as I felt I was going to wake up I just concentrated on my hands again and the moment passed and I was able to prolong the dream. I ordered some Calea Z from Phytoextractum and tried one capsule the first nite when I first woke up after about 5 hours and nothing happened. But just last nite I did it again but this time took 2. Man what a difference! My dreams became clearer and more colorful. It allowed me to try out other techniques like reality checks. I stuck my fingers and hand through the nearest wall and it worked. But when I tried to spin to prolong the dream I got so disoriented and dizzy that I automatically woke up. I fell asleep again and remembered not to try that again and just did the looking at my hands again and that worked well. No side effects with the Calea Z other than that I stayed drowsy longer and made me want to sleep more. But that was expected based on the research I did on it. I've decided to only take the capsules maybe once or twice a week as a special treat as I don't want to become dependent on them. I think it was well worth the price.

hxproof

Postby hxproof » 20 Jul 2013 21:20

I smoked it last night, quite a bit of it actually, and i didn't recall hardly anything, but I have really bad problems with dream recall. I did notice quite a bit more hypnagogia phosphenes as i drifted off. I'll try again tonight.
Scotch tape was invented my the Irish to make fun of Scots and how horribly they work.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:03

Hopefully I will be able to try CaleaZ one day.

...I just hope I won't think I have to use it all the time to have amazing dreams.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 14 Nov 2014 18:43

After a Long pause I tried Calea again. This time I made a strong tea, two heaped teaspoons in a mug and I do drink half going to bed and the other half during the night. Due to bladder problems I wake up about every two hours, but after a piddle I fall asleep quickly again. After four nights drinking Calea lengths, recall, and being vivid has improved. My dreams are now much longer, also after my bladder break I can often continue the last dream. I do have a dream after going to bed within the first two hours, and in the night after drinking the remaining tea a minimum of 3 more dreams. I record most dreams as the do fade fast. But next day the recorded dreams are being remembered, and they for me important ones recorded to be written down. I drink the tea without adding anything it is very bitter, but I eat afterwards a piece of a banana. For members who don't know I just turned 83 and my memory could be better, hence my delight that Calea helps me to improve my dreaming all-round. I don't force things and will start again and not cling to things which do not work for me. At the moment it works for me. :)

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”