Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sterre Duiker

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sterre Duiker » 13 Aug 2013 17:07

Aldo98 wrote:
Sterre Duiker wrote:
Sterre Duiker wrote:I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which means I can't concentrate. I have only now come to know-after a year of dreaming fatalities-that it was the one reason why maintaining lucidity was so hard for me. I get lucid a lot - except forget about it 1 sec to 5 min later. :evil:
Does someone have any ideas for me? Help extremely EXTREMELY appreciated!
BTW I only get lucid when I try to fly-which has become instinct when I dream-and fail. When I don't fail I remain non lucid. (???)
And when I have nightmares, I scream that this is a dream just to make it stop, but remain non-lucid. Example:
“I want to show you something” my sister said and immediately I knew it would be scary. A ghastly monster appeared. It had neon indigo blue skin with neon white cracks and drips - like avatar stripe things - all over it. Its mouth was a gaping hole and its eyes were a mixture of neon blue and white mixed together - no pupil, nothing. With arms out front, it came to get me. I was terrified. I tried to run through the pool of water inside the cave but knew it was hopeless. I splashed water at it helplessly. “You’re a dream, this is a dream, stop it! It’s a dream! It’s a dream! It’s a f*cking DREAM!” I screamed at it out of pure desperation. In one moment, the neon cracks, light, gaping hole for a mouth, and freaky eyes disappeared. It became a human-type girl, smaller than average people, with blue skin and black eyes.We became immediate friends.
Yeah I trick my dreams into thinking I'm lucid a lot.

Anyone? :cry:

I've never met anyone with ADD before, so I really don't know what can help you.

Do you have anything that helps you concentrate? A person or a thing? If so you could try summoning them into your LD and make them/it help you concentrate in the matter.

That's really all I can say because I don't know much about the ADD.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Seems like a good idea! I have a couple of things I can concentrate on :D Thanks loads that helps!

Aldo98

Postby Aldo98 » 13 Aug 2013 18:48

Sterre Duiker wrote:Seems like a good idea! I have a couple of things I can concentrate on :D Thanks loads that helps!

Great! I'm glad that my little knowledge helped you. Feel fre to tell us if it works in the end!

Benjo1302

Postby Benjo1302 » 14 Aug 2013 00:38

Can some1 please give me some good dream remembering advice/tricks/solutions i cant remember any of my dreams and that is kinda the first stage to LD

[ Post made via Android ] Image

tea

Postby tea » 15 Aug 2013 08:25

Benjo1302 wrote:Can some1 please give me some good dream remembering advice/tricks/solutions i cant remember any of my dreams and that is kinda the first stage to LD

[ Post made via Android ] Image

have you tried keeping a dream journal?
and since you are at the beginning, rebecca's free e-course could help you out a lot: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Aug 2013 23:37

lucretcia wrote:So... I just found this site today and as I was reading the tutorial on how to do when I realized I was tired. I lean over on my sofa and start falling asleep asap, all the while trying to keep my brain awake. The next thing I knew, i was standing on some street and BAM... I realized I was dreaming. I got so excited and said, ALRIGHT, I WANT TO FLY OUT OF MY BODY AND GO TO PARIS!!! I just took off, and when i took off, it felt really strange, REALLY STRANGE, almost slightly painful. I had this sort of buzzing, vibrational sensation as i flew up. Because of this very real sensation, I thought I was having an OBE.
Next, I'm flying through the air but it wasn't all beautiful as I had imagined, it was all black, then I landed in Paris, or what I thought to be Paris. So, I'm thinking I'm in Paris but I was at some university, so I run in to this big theater where there are many students getting up to leave and I run up to someone and try to stick my finger into their face to see if it will go strait through, but the guy says, "what are you doing, that hurt." i run to the next person and try it again, didn't go through. I run out of the building and start talking to some red haired man, telling him I'm lucid dreaming, blah blah blah, but now I can't remember what he said back. Next thing, my dog jumps on my lap and wakes me up, bummer.
I have had one out of body experience, it was in the 80's and I was not asleep when it happened. I was laying on my bed and I just started to sit up, then realized that my body was still laying. I didn't know what was happening at the time so I truly thought I was dying, it was VERY, VERY hard to get my spirit to lay back down. In retrospect, had I known what I know now, I would have just gone with it.
So, here's my question, when I had my OBE in the 80's, I had the same sensation that I had today in my Lucid Dream, but when I woke up, I had a strong feeling that it was not an OBE, only as I was dreaming was I sure I was out of body.
As I was reading some of the info on this site, I was a little confused as to the different ways of going out of body via dream state. I'm not sure if I'm articulating myself very well, I hope I'm making sense.
From what I know, or at least thought I knew, Lucid Dreaming is just being aware that you're dreaming, therefore you can create anything, and OBE, you are literally up and on the move, in a realm. Am I right?
When you have an OBE, you lift out of your body while your laying in bed and most of the time, you'll look down and see yourself laying there. I've never heard of anyone making the transition from the dream state, from the point of position in the dream.
Can anyone explain this to me.

Lucretcia

With lucid dreaming it isnt that one just knows one is dreaming and just an observation state but also with LDs, one is carrying "some" waking conciousness (it really varies of how much) hence one can also be in control of ones dream body and the dream. LDs happen within our minds where as OBES happen in the astral world (think of the astral world as like being a real place rather then just a place our minds are creating ourselves.

What makes this tricky is our thoughts can also create things in an astral world too, both our daily thoughts and our dream ones but in an astral world. Everything in the physical world is represented in that astral world and hence one can do vertification checks to see if one is really in the earths astral eg you can go and check up on what a neighbour is doing and be able to really see what the neighbour is actually doing. You can place a physical card but dont look at what it is, face up in your room and then later astrally check it out to see what it is and then came back to your physical body and vertify it etc etc. Its a real reality and not just a mind one.

With OBEs they dont necessarily always have that starting part of hovering over ones body looking down at the physical body in bed thou that is common, it is common to to feel yourself leaving your physical body in some way during an OBE but you may also find yourself somewhere completely elsewhere (similar to what often happens in a LD).

Anyway. For a LD, its a mix of manifestations from the subconcious and waking conscious mind. To be aware of a OBE, its ones waking mind one needs present (just like in physical reality) as if you start "dreaming" you then loose awareness of the astral reality and instead are in a dream (your subconciousness) reality. Just like how if you start dreaming while in our physical world, you disconnect your awareness from the physical world, same with astral.. dreaming disconnects as you then enter into your own subconscious mind stuff. There is a lot of similarity between the two and hence people can get confused esp those who havent experienced both things, they can also feel alike.

There can also be cross over between the two going on too. Just like how physical body discomfort may intrude into and manifest something into your LD, one can get also slight astral awareness coming in at times into a LD and your dreams and thoughts are manifesting into the astral plane eg My daughter one night was dreaming it was her birthday (or it may of been xmas, I cant remember now). Anyway, she dreamed she was opening presents etc. The same night I went astral and started walking around our house like I usually do inspecting our house when I first go astral, to my surprise there was opened childrens presents, wrapping paper etc everywhere, all throu my lounge room. I was mystified at this as I couldnt figure out why on earth that would be in my house. I know I was astral and not LDing so there was no reason I could figure out why all the mess (she certainly didnt clean up after herself!) with opened presents in my loungeroom. The next morning, still trying to figure it out and not having her her about my own experience I asked her to tell me her dreams of that night, she remembered one. I then found out she'd dreamed she was in that room opening presents.

So what I had seen was the astral creation of her dream, into the actual astral world. Her dream thoughtform imprinting on our astral world probably wouldnt have lasted long at all so I was lucky my astral projection must of been very soon after her dream (thou Im unaware of the exact length of some such imprinting from a dream would last). It would of been very interesting if I'd astral projected into that area sooner, I may of come across her own thoughtform of herself or even herself (if she wasnt dreaming but rather was astral instead). I have had mutual dream experience with her before which we both came out from (woke up) at the same time with both having the same recall of the experience.

I suggest to work out which you want to do.. AP or LD as they are completely different states needed to do these (thou of cause with both you need a high relaxation level). If you want to learn to LD you need to learn to have awareness but to let go and allow your subconsciousness to flow eg create a dream, which is the opposite to AP. People often will find it more natural for them to be doing consciously one of these then the other (I notice that some who are trying to LD get some astral awareness eg the vibrations which are often felt as the astral body loosens etc, they are feeling astral energy, these may be more natural at doing AP if they were using AP methods rather then trying to do LD where one needs to let ones subconciousness in.. very different things going on. A person who cant let thereselves subconsciously go easily as in drift into a dream (mentally let go) but rather holds focus in a hard steadfast way, may be better at doing AP if they focused on that instead due to having a very strong well and intent focus can really help with getting the astral body out).

Ive posted some AP techniques on the thread at http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13493&p=31970#p31970
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

greenadder

Postby greenadder » 27 Aug 2013 21:25

Hello Everybody.
I was just wondering what position your eyes and tongue are in, when you are relaxing and trying to enter a lucid dream through WILD.

1Derful

Postby 1Derful » 01 Sep 2013 14:22

What are the chances of encountering a demon during Astral Projection?

Hendrix

Postby Hendrix » 09 Sep 2013 19:49

Hello to all......im new here but have known about lucid dreaming since January of 2011..............but i havent had one yet, so frustrating but ill keep patient. Well my sleep schedule is messed up and has been since i started practising the wild technique( almost had success with it) and has been since then. Im wondering if i can sleep for 2-3 hours one night and then the next night sleep for a full 8-9 hours, and try Wake Back to Bed after 5 hours?? Does Rem rebound happen in the first or the second part of the night??. All answers would be appreciated :D :D :D :D :D

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 10 Sep 2013 16:45

Hendrix wrote:Hello to all......im new here but have known about lucid dreaming since January of 2011..............but i havent had one yet, so frustrating but ill keep patient. Well my sleep schedule is messed up and has been since i started practising the wild technique( almost had success with it) and has been since then. Im wondering if i can sleep for 2-3 hours one night and then the next night sleep for a full 8-9 hours, and try Wake Back to Bed after 5 hours?? Does Rem rebound happen in the first or the second part of the night??. All answers would be appreciated :D :D :D :D :D

About the WILD, it would be best if you didn't mess up your circadian rhythm. If I were you I'd just put an alarm up for somewhere around 3-4 in the morning. Walk around your room and look at your hands, and start thinking of lucid dreaming before going back to bed. This usually works for me.

Hendrix

Postby Hendrix » 12 Sep 2013 17:21

I think i can do a Wake Induced Lucid Dream fairly easily when im tired..........................I just cant get over them Hypnagogic Sounds.....Any tips?? :?: :?:

Return to “For Beginners”