I've started my 'training' and a question

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Juggernaut625

I've started my 'training' and a question

Postby Juggernaut625 » 27 Aug 2013 18:06

Hi guys, this topic is just so I can tell you what I'm doing at the minute and ask for any suggestions on what I can do to 'prepare' for the time I do have a proper full controlled Lucid Dream :)

So here's my situation, I just started my dream journal (literally around an hour ago) and have written down 2 dreams in there that I can remember off the past 3 days. Yesterday I started meditating, I first intended to only go on for around 20 minutes but it turns out I was relaxing/meditating for just over 40 minutes. I'm going to make it into a routine as well :). I also have done around 6 reality checks, I do them whenever I feel the urge that I should, and whenever I do things I seem to do in my dream world (Like walking down the street, walking through doors/up the stairs etc). These are all things suggested in Rebecca's topic's, but am I missing something? Is there anything that I should be doing that I haven't seen or don't know about?

Here's the question, I woke up at around 7AM this morning, and thought to try to have a WILD, I know this is a bit silly since I've just actually started the whole 'Lucid dreaming' thing, but I still gave it a shot. When I relax, I can do it fine my mind goes empty and I can start seeing the patterns that is said in the topic 'How to have a WILD', I try to concentrate on the images and let my mind and awareness be took to them but I always end up getting very dry lips or feeling the need of having to swallow, and when I do so the patterns disappear and I have to start over again, after 2 or 3 times I get really frustrated and end up having to stop (because Rebecca says I shouldn't go on if I'm getting frustrated). Is there anyone else that is faced with this problem and how do you combat it?

Thankyou for reading and I hope to hear some replies :)

deschainXIX

Re: I've started my 'training' and a question

Postby deschainXIX » 27 Aug 2013 19:29

Place 3 pillows underneath your head so that your neck is upright and the saliva can naturally go down your throat. Then, fold another pillow and place it in the crook between the bottom of your jaw and your chest. It should hold your mouth closed. This way, you can relax all your muscles and your mouth won't fall open. Breathe through your nose instead. So if you feel the need to swallow, you don't need to move your muscles to close your mouth. You can just swallow.
Well said.

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 27 Aug 2013 21:35

deschainXIX wrote:Place 3 pillows underneath your head so that your neck is upright and the saliva can naturally go down your throat. Then, fold another pillow and place it in the crook between the bottom of your jaw and your chest. It should hold your mouth closed. This way, you can relax all your muscles and your mouth won't fall open. Breathe through your nose instead. So if you feel the need to swallow, you don't need to move your muscles to close your mouth. You can just swallow.

Thanks for this, I'll try it tonight!

The only problem is due to a problem at birth I have breathing issues and find it very difficult to breath through only my nose, but I'll still give it a shot

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Aug 2013 04:15

If your lips go dry and bother you, try putting on some kind of lip balm or vaseline before you do this
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”