Where does the improvement in dream recall come from?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Juslisne

Where does the improvement in dream recall come from?

Postby Juslisne » 26 Aug 2013 17:54

It's a given: You become interested in lucid dreaming (or just dreams generally) and recall improves and goes on improving over time. At what point of the progression from dream to sleep does the improvement occur, or is at more than one place?

For example, does recall improve because we become more adept at waking, staying still and running a dream through our head, or is there something going on unconsciously in the brain during the actual dream that means that the remembering events starts within a dream?

mia

Re: Where does the improvement in dream recall come from?

Postby mia » 26 Aug 2013 19:36

I think it's simply intention. You pay attention, and intend to remember your dreams.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

tea

Postby tea » 27 Aug 2013 21:49

energy flows where attention goes... ;)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Juslisne

Postby Juslisne » 27 Aug 2013 21:50

Can you tell me more about what you mean by that, tea?

Random

Postby Random » 28 Aug 2013 01:44

Juslisne wrote:Can you tell me more about what you mean by that, tea?

As far as I can tell, he means the more you focus on reality and think about dream recall in your waking life, the more potent dreaming will be.

tea

Postby tea » 28 Aug 2013 11:49

Random wrote:
Juslisne wrote:Can you tell me more about what you mean by that, tea?

As far as I can tell, he means the more you focus on reality and think about dream recall in your waking life, the more potent dreaming will be.

yes, in this case it was related to this specific idea.

but actually, it is true for life in general. whatever you focus your attention to, will receive energy. that's the very nature of our physical world, the very nature of your life.
don't get me wrong, the term energy does not necessarily mean electric current or something like that, but stands for a way more universal, existential thing. call it energy, god, love or whatever - it's the very basis of life and the actual you.

i encourage you to google 'energy flows where attention goes' and read a little more about this concept - in a little more specific and adaptive way.

here some examples to demonstrate something many people don't think about:
your mind doesn't know a 'no'.

- let's say... you're about to jump off a cliff. just for fun. but you are afraid of hurting yourself, so you hesitate. now, you keep on thinking about the risk and that you really don't want to get hurt. the more you focus your attention on 'not to get hurt', you actually keep thinking about getting hurt. that's the main issue. and the more you focus on getting hurt, the more likely it will be.

- you had a converstation with somebody, wanted to convince them of some idea you have, but as the other person talks against it, you keep on saying the 'wrong' things. you completely lose track of your original intention and in the end you couldn't get your point across.
angrily you go home. all day you keep on thinking about the wrong things you said and how stupid you have been. why did you say this, why did you say that? damnit!
you know that you'll meet the other person the next day again, so you say to yourself:
"tomorrow i won't say this and also i won't say that! that one thing that i said was wrong too, i won't make the mistake again to say something like this!"

can you see the problem yet?

what do you think will happen when you keep your focus on the things you don't wanna say? you'll have no specific idea of what you do want to say but rather a very clear image of the things you don't want. and since they are very clear, they will keep on floating around in your head. and break through when the time has come.

so, whatever you want, do it.
if you don't want something: identify it, understand why you don't want it and then find out what you want. then go for it.

:D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Juslisne

Postby Juslisne » 30 Aug 2013 14:19

Excellent. I found that very interesting and it has given me many things to think about. Thanks tea.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”