Creature standing next to my bed... What the heck??!!

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
alissa

Creature standing next to my bed... What the heck??!!

Postby alissa » 14 Apr 2013 00:30

Once, when I was very little (around 3 or 4 or 5), I sat up in my bed, and saw this kind of transparent, glowing... creature... looking at me. He was very tall. He looked like Squidward with a smaller nose, except the weird thing was that I never saw Spongebob before in my life at the time. He was turquoise, with purple polka dots. He just stood there looking at me, and I don't remember if I was scared or not. I forget how he went away. What the heck do you think this was? Was it just my mind playing a trick on me? Nothing else like this has ever happened. I don't think it was a dream, because it was very realistic, not like most of my dreams, and it was in my room. What do you think this was?
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

dreamworld777

Re: Creature standing next to my bed... What the heck??!!

Postby dreamworld777 » 14 Apr 2013 00:55

You could have been in between the dream and waking state...half awake and half asleep kind of.Were you able to move at all while you were laying there seeing this creature? If not,it could have been sleep paralysis where you were seeing images (like hallucinating)......

alissa

Postby alissa » 14 Apr 2013 01:46

dreamworld777 wrote:You could have been in between the dream and waking state...half awake and half asleep kind of.Were you able to move at all while you were laying there seeing this creature? If not,it could have been sleep paralysis where you were seeing images (like hallucinating)......

Yes, I was able to move. I sat up on my bed.
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2013 07:29

Had you been asleep just before you saw this? If so it could of been a false awakening (hence the sitting up easy) with the images one can get between sleep and awake. One thou can also get those images just before you fall asleep.

The kind of being you describe..turquoise with purple polka dots (I used to colour things in wierd colours like that as a child, its a very appealing way to have colours) sounds like it was probably something your mind made up so a projected image from your mind. I further think that due to what you said with " He just stood there looking at me, and I don't remember if I was scared or not." If you were fully awake and not in a half asleep state, one would think you would of been very scared (little children usually completely freak out if some monster of some kind is standing by their beds).. and one doesnt usually forget the emotion of being scared connected to something standing there looking at you. Hence I believe you werent in a normal waking state when you saw this.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Blank Canvas

Postby Blank Canvas » 17 Apr 2013 20:53

The Creature at the end of the bed.. classic sleep paralasis, even scarier wen thers 1 sitting on your chest pusing u thru the bed and into the floor, coming out of it ws like pulling myself out of a pool with a fatsuit on.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 18 Apr 2013 12:54

Blank Canvas wrote:The Creature at the end of the bed.. classic sleep paralasis, even scarier wen thers 1 sitting on your chest pusing u thru the bed and into the floor, coming out of it ws like pulling myself out of a pool with a fatsuit on.

But he said that he can move(I sat on the bed), cant be a sleep paralysis.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 08 Jul 2013 13:01

dreamworld777 wrote:You could have been in between the dream and waking state...half awake and half asleep kind of.Were you able to move at all while you were laying there seeing this creature? If not,it could have been sleep paralysis where you were seeing images (like hallucinating)......

This is exactly i am sure happen with this young child. He was in half awake and half sleep situation.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 08 Jul 2013 18:33

Had you ever seen Monster's Inc at that time?
Do a reality check

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:56

Goldkoron wrote:Had you ever seen Monster's Inc at that time?

Lol'd
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Aug 2013 06:04

Blank Canvas wrote:The Creature at the end of the bed.. classic sleep paralasis, even scarier wen thers 1 sitting on your chest pusing u thru the bed and into the floor, coming out of it ws like pulling myself out of a pool with a fatsuit on.

Look up "old hag". The old hag is usually wearing black (often a black cloak). Why do so many experience and even see what seems to at times be exactly the same thing (even ones who havent heard of this) is very interesting.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”