second world

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
livie12

second world

Postby livie12 » 10 May 2011 21:32

i have an idea about creating a second world in a dream. and then in a next dream, convincing my subconscious, to go back into the same dream. does anybody have any ideas to accomplish this???(or has)
if anyone would like to write there ideas or progress here please do so!
;)
Livie....:)

maya

Re: second world

Postby maya » 12 May 2011 15:28

I've read the dream journal of a person who has accomplished this. I don't know how he did it though.
All i know is that he's pretty experienced with lucidity.

...grr, can't seem to find his journal at the moment, but i'll post it as soon as i do.

My advice, find your own special way ;)

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 12 May 2011 21:28

So you mean you'll revisit the same place/world in multiple dreams? Sounds doable. You'll just need to conjure up the same image in your mind every time.

livie12

Postby livie12 » 13 May 2011 23:17

i agree with both of you...i do think its possible, i just need to find a technique! ill keep you guys updated if i figure it out!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 14 May 2011 04:52

I often revisit beaches and tropical islands in my lucid dreams, and sometimes I feel I'm on a beach I've been to before. Usually though because it's a representation of a beach in real life!

I feel that there might be an issue trying to return to the exact same "world" in a lucid dream - because it implies that the world exists permanently, even when you aren't there. Which is a nice thought but probably unlikely.

I believe there are no constants in lucid dreams (except maybe our own awareness, but even that has a tendency to shift!) and so returning to the same place would only be an illusion at best, and would very likely keep changing as is typical of dreams.

Here would be one way to probe this theory. Go to your childhood house in a lucid dream, and place an object there, preferably from the present day or something that doesn't belong.

Then go back to the same house on a separate night and see if your special object is still there. If it is, it would suggest some kind of continuity of the dreamworld (or of your subconscious). But most likely the object will be gone, and the house may even look different too.

This doesn't stop you from returning to your favorite places of course. I am just curious as to whether an independent part of the dream world could exist without our participation.

livie12

Postby livie12 » 14 May 2011 13:41

i defiantly see what you mean...the idea does seem hard to achieve. but is it possible to tell yourself to go to a dream you had in the past???(when lucid of course) :?:

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”