Meditation and Lucid Dreaming Question

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: Meditation and Lucid Dreaming Question

Postby HAGART » 28 Aug 2013 23:59

I know the feeling of trying to sleep, but thinking too much. Meditation should help quiet those thoughts.

Meditation and dreaming are different.
I heard that meditation quiets the 'chatter' in your mind.
But I believe it is that very 'chatter' that creates dreams and gives them life.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

mia

Postby mia » 29 Aug 2013 00:23

Oh I hate the 'mind chatter'. So wonderful to turn it off.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 08 Sep 2013 04:06

HAGART wrote:Meditation comes up a lot when we discuss lucid dreaming and I am curious and have a question:

I've heard that meditation helps with lucid dreaming countless times from many people.
I have never meditated myself, and yet, I lucid dream frequently.

So although I don't think it is necessary to meditate to lucid dream, does anyone have experience lucid dreaming with and without the meditation practice and can tell me how it improves the quality or quantity at all?

This is a question for all you lucid-dreamer-meditators out there.
I'm curious and thinking of trying it.

If you've ever done any kind of WILD technique... or any other method in order to Project (lucid or otherwise)... then I hate to break the news to you, but you've meditated. ;)

Some people tend to hold a very strict definition of what a meditation is... these people are seriously missing the forest for the trees. LoL

You probably meditate more often in your life than you even realize! Anytime you've focused your mind down to a single thread of thought... you're meditating. It can be a single thought... or focusing your mind on an entire scene you're visualizing, but it's all meditation.

Getting into a good book...
Watching an all encompassing tv show...
Listening intently to someone talking...
Sitting quietly trying to consciously Project...
Using a technique to initiate a WILD...

They're all meditations. This is why I tell people that if you want to learn to Project (again, Lucid or whatever), then learn to meditate first. You'll be doing yourself a massive service. You need to learn to focus your mind... then you need to learn to hold that focus for extended periods of time. This helps you to not only project, but when you do project, it'll teach you to focus your Intent to be able to do what you want to do instead of flittering about here and there with no real defined goal.

:)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Sep 2013 04:08

Meditation is a profound and ancient practice, that when practiced daily, has many effects. It offers a lot more then lucidity, that's just a small peice.

But if all your after is lucidity, then meditation can and will help, but it's mostly a minor help, and of course not all needed.

Plus as mentioned above, their are different states of mediatation even, it's more of a mindset then anything. But then there's DEEP mediation which can only be reached through a lot of practice and focus, and that's where the flood of beneifits come in. No reason to name them though, that'd be a bit off topic I suppose!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 09 Sep 2013 16:02

Does anyone also meditate to sound? I have a chakra meditation that I sometimes use. Usually I find guided or any sort of 'sound' in meditation a distraction, but I do like this one. Annada Giri. Very moving. He goes through the seed syllables for each chakra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_DSvQM4wJw
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”