Dream of Sleep Paralysis

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
deschainXIX

Dream of Sleep Paralysis

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Aug 2013 15:13

I thought this was interesting so I thought I'd share.
Last night, I "woke up" (false awakening) in my sister's old bed. (My sister doesn't live with us anymore ... it was just me in the bed ... heh heh...). It's in the creepiest part of my house. My house is very creepy seeing as its at least a hundred and forty years old and it's huge. So I was in the attic. I should have picked up on the fact that I was sleeping in the wrong place and become lucid, but I didn't because my awareness was too low. And I started to see things shifting around the in the dark. It's helpful to note that I had just woken up from an extremely disturbing nightmare (which actually had a pretty interesting narrative). So I was frightened. I couldn't move; sleep paralysis. I hallucinated the Old Hag in the room with me. She approached slowly, and just as she reached me and her face was revealed (it was horrible), the paralysis broke and I dived straight through a nearby window, fell about 40 feet, hit the ground, and broke my spine. There were a few moments of intense pain before I "died."
Now, this was a false awakening sleep paralysis, meaning that I dreampt of having sleep paralysis.
Interestingly enough, I have never had sleep paralysis before; I'm too terrified of it because I know my mind will conjure up something truly terrifying because my imagination is so vividly twisted and edgy (I write horror stories).
Well said.

DreamyRoamer

Re: Dream of Sleep Paralysis

Postby DreamyRoamer » 30 Aug 2013 00:06

That's really interesting! Just like you I have not had Sleep Paralysis but I'm deeply not looking forward to the day I do come face to face with it.

I find it really cool how you had SP in a false awakening, very interesting as I said before!!!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 01 Sep 2013 11:28

Kind of creepy how we can feel pain in our dreams, I guess it is just in our minds...

I remember when I was little I would always be scared about being tickled by dream characters and that was the closest I've ever come to 'pain'. I was a lot more innocent back then :D
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 01 Sep 2013 12:44

Yeah lol, I get very bad pain in my dreams. Quite weird.
When I was younger, I, too, had these horrible dreams where it'd be pitch dark and I'd be suspended in mid-air and I can hear someone laughing manically behind me. I start getting tickled horribly XD (really it was more like being hit with a police taser), but I couldn't move at all. Very painful :lol:
Well said.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”