what are your dream flaws? how do u prevent them?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
d.conn3

what are your dream flaws? how do u prevent them?

Postby d.conn3 » 22 Aug 2013 04:08

what kind of problems do you have in your dreams? someone looking different, not able to do something, cant hear, cant see, ect. how do you fix them thnks

Highlander

Re: what are your dream flaws? how do u prevent them?

Postby Highlander » 22 Aug 2013 10:23

My mobility is still one of my great problems. In some dreams, i cannot run, i always fall. Others, i cannot fly unless i move my arms like i'm swimming, and i get very tired. I found that, this is because of the position i'm sleeping and i still have not 100% control of the dream to get around that flaw.
Another one i had is, sometimes, i couldn't speak, my voice didn't come out. I solved this by talking with my mouth shut, like telepathy. It works.

d.conn3

Postby d.conn3 » 22 Aug 2013 15:08

I too have also noticed that that your position affects your dreams a lot. to me it always seems like I need to lay on my back and look at my ceiling so all my limbs are available for running flying, even using an arm to get a drink. ect. I still have problems with friends faces they dont look the same, dream outcomes don't go right. I still have lots and lots of flaws but either way, lucid dreaming is a very cool thing

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Aug 2013 05:28

I guess my biggest one would be if Im doing WILD and with them, some of them I have trouble stabilizing into them due to how light they can start out at times (its not always the case thou)

I get other kinds of issues too eg a big one of mine is trouble flying. I know it relates to the symbolism thou and possibly maybe too cause my waking mind is so much there the dream feels to me so much like real life that that may be stopping me from flying.

As to what others, it all depends on the day, I get different issues at different times but I usually dont see these as dream "flaws" but just interesting stuff I can learn from.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 28 Aug 2013 15:59

d.conn3 wrote:I too have also noticed that that your position affects your dreams a lot. to me it always seems like I need to lay on my back and look at my ceiling so all my limbs are available for running flying, even using an arm to get a drink. ect. I still have problems with friends faces they dont look the same, dream outcomes don't go right. I still have lots and lots of flaws but either way, lucid dreaming is a very cool thing

Thank you so much! I have severe problems with mobility in lucid dreams and I never thought that it had to do with sleep position. I always sleep on my side because I know that sleeping on your back induces sleep paralysis. And I don't think I'm mentally ready for anything like that.
Well said.

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 29 Aug 2013 23:54

Oh deschainXIX, don't remind me how scary Sleep Paralysis is!!! I would totally flip if it happened, you have made me feel so lucky that I find it easy sleeping on my side c:

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 30 Aug 2013 03:14

Haha :) Yeah, sleeping on your side pretty much ensures that you never have it.
Well said.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 31 Aug 2013 14:01

DreamyRoamer wrote:Oh deschainXIX, don't remind me how scary Sleep Paralysis is!!! I would totally flip if it happened, you have made me feel so lucky that I find it easy sleeping on my side c:

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

If you really want to pursue lucid dreaming seriously, sleep paralysis happening once is almost inevitable.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 15 Sep 2013 19:27

My dreams always tend to fade away rather quickly. When this happens, I also become immobile. I try to move as hard as I can, but I'm not actually going anywhere. Focusing on detail will usually alleviate this temporarily. I rarely achieve enough clarity to fully stabilize the dream.

I always sleep on my side, too. Maybe I roll on my back in my sleep or something.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”