Very confused about possible LD - Please read!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Juggernaut625

Very confused about possible LD - Please read!

Postby Juggernaut625 » 28 Aug 2013 10:52

Hi guys, I had a dream this morning (Around 9:30AM) and had a very strange dream and think I became lucid. I wrote it and all others I had that night in my DJ, I just want to ask you guys if you have had this and can tell me what happened, because I surely cannot. Here is the text I wrote in my Dream Journal (Please note I only started the DJ yesterday afternoon!)

Dream 6 28/08/13 - LD

I was in a shop with my friend and sister, we were all talking for a while then I suddenly felt my own body (In real life) and it felt like I should/could just sink through my own bed. Then in my dream I raised my hands and said "Am I dreaming?" but I also mumbled it in real life and I heard myself mumbling it. I woke up.

When I raised my hands I swear I felt in control of doing so, it felt VERY strange and when I woke up my body felt very electrified, I don't know how to explain it so I will just have to say that.

Can someone please help me? Have you done this? And by done this I mean said "Am I dreaming" but also heard yourself mumble it in real life. I felt like I was on the verge of a WILD, like the whole dream was just visualised by my own imagination and when I raised my hands that was myself plopping into the dream.

Please help me?

tea

Re: Very confused about possible LD - Please read!

Postby tea » 29 Aug 2013 13:51

well.. although this has little to do with WILD, it definitely has to do with lucid dreaming. actually, it was a MILD. the problem here was that you were sleeping very lightly. so when you realized that you were dreaming, it woke you up (which is pretty common - that's what stabilization techniques are for).

sooo.... congratulations! although just for the split of a second; you became lucid! :D

to your question about talking with your real body too: to me, it has happened before that i was on the edge of waking up, but also still inside the dream. those limits are very fragile because at this point you lose the dream extremely easily. one of the things that caused me to wake up was me trying to talk in the dream, but used my real mouth to do so....

oh and one more thing: try writing down your dreams in present tense. this helps A LOT in remembering the dream and details of it. also, when reading after a while again, it's easier to visualize what happened back then.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 29 Aug 2013 14:10

tea wrote:well.. although this has little to do with WILD, it definitely has to do with lucid dreaming. actually, it was a MILD. the problem here was that you were sleeping very lightly. so when you realized that you were dreaming, it woke you up (which is pretty common - that's what stabilization techniques are for).

sooo.... congratulations! although just for the split of a second; you became lucid! :D

to your question about talking with your real body too: to me, it has happened before that i was on the edge of waking up, but also still inside the dream. those limits are very fragile because at this point you lose the dream extremely easily. one of the things that caused me to wake up was me trying to talk in the dream, but used my real mouth to do so....

oh and one more thing: try writing down your dreams in present tense. this helps A LOT in remembering the dream and details of it. also, when reading after a while again, it's easier to visualize what happened back then.

Thank you for the reply!

I've been having these every day and this morning I actually think I had a full Lucid Dream...

It was the same time as yesterday, I was right next to my home but it was literally EMPTY (no cars, no people etc) so I instantly thought it can't be this empty and I said this must be a dream! It triggered Lucidity. The thing is though, I done the jumping technique to start flying, jumping but gradually getting higher, well I got quite high (around 30 foot) and started speeding through the air! But the problem was, I couldn't go left or right just forward... No matter how hard I tried it was impossible.

I think this was a Lucid Dream, cos I was controlling what I was doing, but I couldn't do some things... Maybe I was semi lucid?

Another question, can you say that you are dreaming in a dream but not become lucid?

tea

Postby tea » 30 Aug 2013 09:24

Juggernaut625 wrote:I think this was a Lucid Dream, cos I was controlling what I was doing, but I couldn't do some things... Maybe I was semi lucid?

not necessarily. from what i've read above, i think you really were lucid. it's a common misconception, that being lucid means being able to do everything.
yes, you have the potential to do everything, but very often we are limited by our own minds. that means (for example): many people have a lot of experience with lucid dreaming but still can't manage to fly!
so, they ARE lucid, but have some sort of mental block. i guess that's what happened to you aswell.

Juggernaut625 wrote: Another question, can you say that you are dreaming in a dream but not become lucid?

yes, and it can be very frustrating.
amy started a thread about that: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13534
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Aug 2013 04:59

Juggernaut625 wrote:I was in a shop with my friend and sister, we were all talking for a while then I suddenly felt my own body (In real life) and it felt like I should/could just sink through my own bed. Then in my dream I raised my hands and said "Am I dreaming?" but I also mumbled it in real life and I heard myself mumbling it. I woke up.

If you asked "Am I dreaming?" but then loose the dream before you think with your normal consciousness "Oh yes I are dreaming"... if you wake before answering that are i dreaming question, then no it wasnt a LD but it was so so close, one is which I think it was probably just waking up right at that point which stopped it from being so. A LD is when you are actually aware you are dreaming, not just starting to question it (which one can be doing with the dream mind and not necessarily with your waking conciousness self.

Sounds like you did become almost aware you were dreaming cause you were close to waking up (it would of been hard for you being new to this to stay in a dream when so close to waking up). Split awareness isnt uncommon when one is between a dream state and the waking state. Many who do WILD like myself, often can transition throu the split awareness point. To do that you need to focus on the parts of the dream still there and use them to pull your awareness away from your physical body again (the less one thinks of the physical body in bed during split awareness, the better).

It was the same time as yesterday, I was right next to my home but it was literally EMPTY (no cars, no people etc) so I instantly thought it can't be this empty and I said this must be a dream!

Now this other one.. with that one does sound like a LD and definately is one if you had some of your normal waking consciousness there (even if its foggy) and not just dreaming you are dreaming but you know you are. Only you yourself would know if you were really aware if you were dreaming or not.

Another question, can you say that you are dreaming in a dream but not become lucid?

Yes it is possible. One could say anything at all in a dream and be dreaming it. Hence why I said what I did above.

Im wondering if thou you got confused by the fact you werent able to control the LD as you thought you would be able to. Just cause you werent in full control doesnt mean that you dreamed you were dreaming. It is very normal to struggle to do certain things in a LD as it isnt just your aware self controlling a LD but also your subconciousness has some control too (to various degrees), so you can be like battling that and what it doesnt want to do with what you are wanting to do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 31 Aug 2013 11:38

Yeah, I realised that. I was trying to say to myself "Let me fly higher" or "I will fly higher" but it didn't work, I could only fly so high of the ground (which wasn't that high)

Vergil

Postby Vergil » 01 Sep 2013 13:24

You're very good at recognizing that you are in fact dreaming, keep it up, try to sleep tighter and it's gonna be fine

Return to “For Beginners”